Pizza Style?

Drroogh

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Driving 45 minutes to pick up a pizza ?  Must be good. Sure looks good.  You're killing me small's (99).

Is that sausage buried in the pizza ?  Best  pizza sausage is in Indiana.  Colorado has no clue what good pizza sausage is. 

On way home from work to surprise wife. Son left for school today. Sausage pepperoni onion banana peppers red and green peppers ham and extra cheese 

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

On way home from work to surprise wife. Son left for school today. Sausage pepperoni onion banana peppers red and green peppers ham and extra cheese 

Now. That's what I call a combination.  Ummm.

I was in the Army. Assigned to Fort Carson. Early 1970's.  All I knew about pizza at that time was from NWI.  Just the basics.  Sausage, pepperoni, and heaven forbid, anchovies.  Then in Colorado Springs, went out one night with fellow comrades.  They ordered green olives.  And I thought.  What ?  Loved it. And now I judge a pizza joint on whether or not they offer green olives. Does not mean if they don't offer green olives, they are not good.  But, if the do... they know their stuff, IMHO.

18 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Now. That's what I call a combination.  Ummm.

I was in the Army. Assigned to Fort Carson. Early 1970's.  All I knew about pizza at that time was from NWI.  Just the basics.  Sausage, pepperoni, and heaven forbid, anchovies.  Then in Colorado Springs, went out one night with fellow comrades.  They ordered green olives.  And I thought.  What ?  Loved it. And now I judge a pizza joint on whether or not they offer green olives. Does not mean if they don't offer green olives, they are not good.  But, if the do... they know their stuff, IMHO.

I can do everything but anchovies.  If I have a cease salad it better have anchovies in the dressing.  Makes no sense 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

^^^ Driving 45 minutes to pick up a pizza ?  Must be good. Sure looks good.  You're killing me small's (99).

Is that sausage buried in the pizza ?  Best  pizza sausage is in Indiana.  Colorado has no clue what good pizza sausage is. 

True story.  First time I went to south of chicago pizza in fountain square, husband and wife were still working it, I asked what she recommended, she said the sausage was good.  I said, is it good sausage or little pebble sausage.  The husband took offense, held up a big chunk of sausage and with a deep South side Chicago accent said this is the real stuff.  I said,  I'll take it.  

Sorry no parenthesis, too much work.  

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Tonights dinner. The xtraordinary in Wanamaker.  I dont think I can drive 45 minutes with this in the truck. Might have to have a slice 

20190823_155646.jpgps talked to the owners and they are big IU fans. Anyone that is 9n Twitter etc give them some love 

That stuff pretty good? 

On 8/22/2019 at 9:28 AM, Stlboiler23 said:

Have you had Mellow Mushroom?

There's actually one of those here in NKY. Went once, not bad, not spectacular.

The hilarious part is knowing that the person/people who founded it had to make Jerry Garcia look like a teetotaler.

16 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Tonights dinner. The xtraordinary in Wanamaker.  I dont think I can drive 45 minutes with this in the truck. Might have to have a slice 

20190823_155646.jpgps talked to the owners and they are big IU fans. Anyone that is 9n Twitter etc give them some love 

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Excellent and weighted about 20 pounds.  

That's a binder alright...

On 8/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, NotIThatLives said:

So we went with extraordinary tonight and the guys were well pleased.  

I can't believe I haven't mentioned Boombozz, carmel and fishers locations.  Started in Louisville.  They have all kinds of world's pizza fair championships.   

Ever had Spinellis in Louisville? Pretty good stuff 

So late on this, but I like all pizza. NY, Detroit, Chicago, Tombstone - you name it. I’ll crave different types at different times. 

That said if I was in a deserted island, haven’t eaten pizza in a year and could order any pizza to eat when I was rescued, I’d get a Lou Malnatis sausage pizza. 

On 8/24/2019 at 1:48 PM, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Down here in the south western part of the state, it's Turonis for pizza. Thin and crispy and oh so goooood…..

I have relatives that live in New York and when they come to visit, they want to go to that wonderful pizza place, Turonis

In grew up there and it's still my favorite pizza.  I go to Turonis anytime I get close to E-ville. Really like that style of Pizza which seems common in the area. There was really good place in Henderson that had a similar style of pizza that was damn good too. 

For anyone in Dallas, Campisis is really good stuff. 

For those discussing eggs on Pizza for breakfast.   I lived in Peru for a year and when you ordered a pizza they typically cracked an egg onto the center of the pizza for the last couple minuites.  

19 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Have not.  I'll have to check it out next time I'm visiting parents.  Love me some Wicks. 

Good fried oreos too. Used to date a girl in Louisville, soccer player at Bellarmine... she introduced me to it. Fried oreos that is. 😂

12 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

For anyone in Dallas, Campisis is really good stuff. 

Checked their website.  Because of your recommendation.  Sure looks good.

However after checking their menu. I see they have two versions of shrimp scampi.  Have to admit. I would be hard pressed, if it was just one trip there, to order the pizza, instead of the scampi.  Have I said, I love shrimp scampi ?  LOL

Also, I love the fact that they have been around since I was born.  In the restaurant business, that's got to tell you all you need to know about how good they are.

Oh, and I see they offer green olives.  Which is what I posted above, as to how I judge a pizza joint that know their "stuff". 

Menu | Campisi's Restaurants | Best Italian & Pizza | Since 1946

Archived