IU Games Of The Past

On 8/21/2017 at 4:08 PM, Indykev said:

I have only been to three IU games in person. Forunately, this was one of them. Just a great memory! I also made it back for the next game, against Kent St. where the Hoosiers advanced to the final four.

Many people forget, this game against Duke was a regional semi-final. We still needed one more.

1 hour ago, bluegrassIU said:

I have only been to three IU games in person. Forunately, this was one of them. Just a great memory! I also made it back for the next game, against Kent St. where the Hoosiers advanced to the final four.

Many people forget, this game against Duke was a regional semi-final. We still needed one more.

What a great memory! Loved this Cinderella run and often wondered what could have been if Coverdale hadn't been injured.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tossing this out--one of my favorite games was the 72-68 victory over UNC in the 1984 tourney. If there was ever a coaching win, this was it. UNC was touted as, maybe, the best college team ever, and Bob Knight and the Hoosiers whupped 'em. I had to watch on a delayed broadcast from my house in Colorado Springs. Beautiful. Still didn't win the regional, though.

Archived