IU vs Indiana State - Not on TV?

So our season officially begins this Friday 11/10 vs Indiana State, correct? If so, and this isn't an exhibition game, then why is it not being televised? Nothing upsets me more than when they have these random games that are only available on BTN Plus.

Anyone else frustrated by this? I believe we've had this happen multiple times in previous seasons, but I could be wrong.

The Big Ten Network has alternate channels to show games on !! Basketball & Football are the TWO MAJOR SPORTS !! The BTN surely realizes that some Big Ten Fans are willing to pay the extra money to see their team's Games ! I had actually signed up for Big Ten Plus until I found out that the BTN forces you to watch those games over the INTERNET instead of showing them on the various cable company alternate sites !! The BTN SUCKS , imho !

10 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

The Big Ten Network has alternate channels to show games on !! Basketball & Football are the TWO MAJOR SPORTS !! The BTN surely realizes that some Big Ten Fans are willing to pay the extra money to see their team's Games ! I had actually signed up for Big Ten Plus until I found out that the BTN forces you to watch those games over the INTERNET instead of showing them on the various cable company alternate sites !! The BTN SUCKS , imho !

The alternate channel is only for football.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Without the BTN we would have not had the money to upgrade a lot of our facilities.

Hey.... were you reading my mind ?  I was just about to post this, till I read your post.  

Think of all that has gone on regarding IU athletic facilities.  The NEZ at Memorial.  And now the beautiful SEZ addition.  Both impressive entrances to Memorial Stadium that never existed till now.  Sure Cook Hall due to a contribution from a major benefactor, as well as Assembly Hall.  But think of what IU has been able to add to those two facilities. Think about it.  We had the roof leak at AH, and a major I-beam collapse at one time.  Now we have a gorgeous facility.  And the same with Memorial Stadium, for decades an only an upgrade over some major high school stadiums in the country....... remember when Memorial had temporary seating in the end zones ?  I do.

And then as a student, living at McNutt.... I recall walking across the street to take in IU Baseball.  Again, temporary stands.... and portable potties for restrooms.  And no concession stands at all. Today we have a beautiful baseball diamond, and facility

Also, we will be getting a state of the art Wrestling/Vollyeball facility.... replacing a high school gymnasium.

And what about a new and improved golf course ?

No question, in my mind that the Big Ten network, help turn things around, from the time Greenspan was running an athletic department in the red. 

7 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Hey.... were you reading my mind ?  I was just about to post this, till I read your post.  

Think of all that has gone on regarding IU athletic facilities.  The NEZ at Memorial.  And now the beautiful SEZ addition.  Both impressive entrances to Memorial Stadium that never existed till now.  Sure Cook Hall due to a contribution from a major benefactor, as well as Assembly Hall.  But think of what IU has been able to add to those two facilities. Think about it.  We had the roof leak at AH, and a major I-beam collapse at one time.  Now we have a gorgeous facility.  And the same with Memorial Stadium, for decades an only an upgrade over some major high school stadiums in the country....... remember when Memorial had temporary seating in the end zones ?  I do.

And then as a student, living at McNutt.... I recall walking across the street to take in IU Baseball.  Again, temporary stands.... and portable potties for restrooms.  And no concession stands at all. Today we have a beautiful baseball diamond, and facility

Also, we will be getting a state of the art Wrestling/Vollyeball facility.... replacing a high school gymnasium.

No question, in my mind that the Big Ten network, help turn things around, from the time Greenspan was running an athletic department in the red. 

Very well said

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Without the BTN we would have not had the money to upgrade a lot of our facilities.

This, and for me being an out-of-stater I get to see almost every IU game every season. Without the BTN I'd probably get to see 10 a year. While I'd love for all the games to be on, and certainly understand everyone's gripes, I'm not complaining. I'll take missing an ISU game or Coastal Carolina game once a season. 

Well, we're just spoiled.  There's nothing more important than an IU basketball game.  Everybody knows that.  In the past all regular IU basketball games were available on TV.  Even one game not available on TV is a gross deprivation for us!  Don't care what BTN has done for us.  We want to see the game on TV without having to pay extra.  It's a constitutional right isn't it?

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

This, and for me being an out-of-stater I get to see almost every IU game every season. Without the BTN I'd probably get to see 10 a year. While I'd love for all the games to be on, and certainly understand everyone's gripes, I'm not complaining. I'll take missing an ISU game or Coastal Carolina game once a season. 

The ability to see all IUBB games is still out there.  Thanks to BTN2go, and Roku.  Thanks to my son who pays various Roku pay channels for me, I am able to see games not broadcast on BTN.  I know it is a decision to pay for the extra. Not sure if I would do it. Thankfully, I have a son who understands my passion for all things IU.  Short of that.... BTN2go on Roku offers a lot of IU sports viewing for free.  As just today... I watched highlights of the Indy game.... for free. 

I don't think anyone is disputing that the BTN is helpful.  It's that they make fans go to this extra buy in for the "Go" package that is annoying to folks, especially when they have multiple bands they can use, and they can schedule for TV accordingly.  It's a scheme to suck out a few extra dollars out of fans.  It's like when you go to a hotel and wi-fi is extra.

It would be easy for BTN to show every game for every team. Would just require coordinating and adjusting start times amongst the schools. The fact that every team has at least one game on BTN+ is no accident, they are absolutely trying to suck more money out of the fans.

This doesn't change the fact that BTN is a net positive for IU. It's just frustrating to watch them nickel and dime us like this every year.

I hate missing any IU game, I pay extra for BTN just to see ALL my IU games! It annoys the hell out of me, but I can stand 1 game, I guess! I’ll just try to find the radio broadcast over the internet if I can find it. I just don’t want to pay extra money on top of the extra money I’m already paying!

18 hours ago, milehiiu said:

On top of that they improved the softball field with some of that money. 

Archived