Mr. Glass remains optimistic about renewal of IU/UK series

Reading that article...the deal with Georgia Tech sounds so very...Calipari.

You come play on our floor but we want to play in a neutral pro venue when we visit to (1) take away your home court advantage and (2) market our program to recruits in your back yard without allowing them to see your facilities. 

I would lose respect for IU if they prostituted themselves the way Ga Tech did.  Cal definitely made that program his b*tch.

12 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Reading that article...the deal with Georgia Tech sounds so very...Calipari.

You come play on our floor but we want to play in a neutral pro venue when we visit to (1) take away your home court advantage and (2) market our program to recruits in your back yard without allowing them to see your facilities. 

I would lose respect for IU if they prostituted themselves the way Ga Tech did.  Cal definitely made that program his b*tch.

There's this from 2010:

"I wouldn’t be the head coach here at Memphis without Coach Cal," Pastner said. "He brought me here.

"I learned so much from him. I loved working for him, he was great to me and I have great respect for him."

Pastner paying back Cal with GT's checkbook

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have totally lost interest in renewing the series.  Now, would I like to meet them in the NCAA tournament and kick their 🦙, you bet I would.

p.s. - Yes, I know that is a llama.  We don't have a donkey emoji for some reason.  

Look down. 

49 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have totally lost interest in renewing the series.  Now, would I like to meet them in the NCAA tournament and kick their 🦙, you bet I would.

p.s. - Yes, I know that is a llama.  We don't have a donkey emoji for some reason.  

I'm the same way...more interested in meeting them in the tournament that matters and knocking their pompous donkeys out.  I want to play them at a time and location where Cal can't set the agenda.

What if we replaced the crossroads classic with some kind of tourney involving other regional teams: Louisville, UK, Xavier... With Mack at Louisville, it might work... Or expand it and make a regional free for all that includes Purdue, ND, Cincinnati as well? It could rotate between Indianapolis, Louisville, Dayton/Cincinnati.

Just an idea... Not well thought through yet.

If they don’t want to play home and home I would rather just schedule Duke. I mean if UK, Kansas, Duke, and Michigan St. can have a champions classic every year maybe we should get with UCLA now that Alford is gone and do something like UCLA, UNC, Indiana, and Villanova or something. There’s more championships in that bunch then the other. First thing first we need to start making the tournament.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If they don’t want to play home and home I would rather just schedule Duke. I mean if UK, Kansas, Duke, and Michigan St. can have a champions classic every year maybe we should get with UCLA now that Alford is gone and do something like UCLA, UNC, Indiana, and Villanova or something. There’s more championships in that bunch then the other. First thing first we need to start making the tournament.

Was a time when IU opened up against UCLA. I would not mind seeing that happen again. Though I find UCLA fans have become distant.  Nor would I be opposed to a home and home with Kansas. Those fans are fully engaged.  Duke is ok. Great fans. And treat me well, every time I visit one of their boards. But not UNC. Their fans suck.  On a level with Illinois fans.... my personal opinion.

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Was a time when IU opened up against UCLA. I would not mind seeing that happen again. Though I find UCLA fans have become distant.  Nor would I be opposed to a home and home with Kansas. Those fans are fully engaged.  Duke is ok. Great fans. And treat me well, every time I visit one of their boards. But not UNC. Their fans suck.  On a level with Illinois fans.... my personal opinion.

I’m just thinking of the blue bloods that aren’t already included in the current games that has UK, KU, Duke, and Mich st

I agree I’m not sure how much UCLA and Villanova bring as far as fans and tv viewers but those are the best of the remaining multi championship schools and represent the whole country.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

UCLA is already in one of those with UNC, Texas (I think) and OSU. If I remember correctly, IU was asked to be in it before OSU but had to turn it down because of the Crossroad Classic. I believe this one changes cities every year (I think NYC, Dallas, Vegas and LA?)

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

We opened up the season against UCLA in the 91-92 season and lost big but made up for it beating them in the elite 8.  I was home sick again today and I watched the elite 8 game against UCLA and that was a great game by us.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

We opened up the season against UCLA in the 91-92 season and lost big but made up for it beating them in the elite 8.  I was home sick again today and I watched the elite 8 game against UCLA and that was a great game by us.

I am a little older.  And remember this opening game as if it were yesterday.  Described by Coach Knight.  #1 Indiana beat #2 UCLA 84 to 64 in St. Louis to open the season.

INDIANA BASKETBALL 11/29/1975 IU vs UCLA 

5 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I am a little older.  And remember this opening game as if it were yesterday.  Described by Coach Knight.  #1 Indiana beat #2 UCLA 84 to 64 in St. Louis to open the season.

INDIANA BASKETBALL 11/29/1975 IU vs UCLA 

I also remember this game like it was yesterday. When the Hoosiers were on you didn't want to be in the room with me. I was all in and would actually pace the floor whike watching them on my 19 inch Magnavox TV.

My wife of two years wanted some attention and jumped in front of the TV Stark naked during the game. I screamed at her to get her ??s out of the way plus a few other choice words.

Let's just say it is a miracle that marriage lasted as long as it did.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:27 PM, BGleas said:

UCLA is already in one of those with UNC, Texas (I think) and OSU. If I remember correctly, IU was asked to be in it before OSU but had to turn it down because of the Crossroad Classic. I believe this one changes cities every year (I think NYC, Dallas, Vegas and LA?)

That event could really help national recruiting with a good showing.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:34 AM, jefftheref said:

I also remember this game like it was yesterday. When the Hoosiers were on you didn't want to be in the room with me. I was all in and would actually pace the floor whike watching them on my 19 inch Magnavox TV.

My wife of two years wanted some attention and jumped in front of the TV Stark naked during the game. I screamed at her to get her ??s out of the way plus a few other choice words.

Can I watch IU games at your house ?   LOL

Archived