Weather events

Reacher

13 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

We had a tornado touch down a mile from our home this evening.  Thankfully we have no damage. I was one of those idiots who stands out in the driveway trying to see it. The most dangerous storm I faced though as Mrs. Keet yelling at me over the phone from the basement to get inside. 

I would be that idiot, too. It's on my bucket list to see a tornado in person. Preferably far from my house though, or anyone's really. I don't wish that devastation on anyone.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I would be that idiot, too. It's on my bucket list to see a tornado in person. Preferably far from my house though, or anyone's really. I don't wish that devastation on anyone.

I was on the beach in Key West as that last hurricane last year drove by. Bucket item, CHECK ! I did a cyclone in China as well. Total Lt. Dan moments ! "This all you got"? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I was on the beach in Key West as that last hurricane last year drove by. Bucket item, CHECK ! I did a cyclone in China as well. Total Lt. Dan moments ! "This all you got"? 

When the blinds were slapping uncontrollably against the window as the F2 passed by 200’ away I just rolled over and said to myself if it’s time it’s time?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Guess I'll throw it in here. Was on the phone with a client just outside of NYC about 15 minutes ago and apparently they had an earthquake near NYC? 

As Maedhros posted, 4.8 in NJ. My daughter lives in Midtown Manhattan and I can confirm she definitely felt it! Said her entire building was shaking violently. Thankfully she was working from home today so didn’t have to deal with subway or trying to get home. Her office building, in the finance district, was evacuated. I told her to watch out for any water issues and stuff because the infrastructure of a lot of NYC is awful, and it wouldn’t surprise me if a couple old pipes shifted. Otherwise she’s good! Just glad she wasn’t on a subway when it happened!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, MrsStoller said:

As Maedhros posted, 4.8 in NJ. My daughter lives in Midtown Manhattan and I can confirm she definitely felt it! Said her entire building was shaking violently. Thankfully she was working from home today so didn’t have to deal with subway or trying to get home. Her office building, in the finance district, was evacuated. I told her to watch out for any water issues and stuff because the infrastructure of a lot of NYC is awful, and it wouldn’t surprise me if a couple old pipes shifted. Otherwise she’s good! Just glad she wasn’t on a subway when it happened!!

A) Glad she’s alright

B) I hope she’s able to defend her home against all the giant mutant rats that were awoken and released. 

• Haha 1

On 4/6/2024 at 9:46 AM, Zlinedavid said:

A) Glad she’s alright

B) I hope she’s able to defend her home against all the giant mutant rats that were awoken and released. 

Son Of Ben…coming to a theatre near you this summer.