Weather events

Reacher

24 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The car geek in me is curious.  What was it?

The servo motor, the part under the dash that controls the mixing of air wasnt working. So took it off and apart, and the motor had come loose from one of its terminals.  Pushed it back in and good to go.  

All the rest of the time was spent doing multiple flushes, replacing tstat, being distracted by IU/PSU game radio call, and searching for lost nuts and bolts. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Text from good friend this morning. 1/2 inch of snow in Nashville, TN this last night/today. Whole city is shutdown. Schools, universities...amazing how cities/states can drastically change down I65 just a little. Of course Chicago probably says that about Indy too.

Southern states/cities just aren't equipped with snow/ice removal equipment.  Went to Arkansas quite a few years back where a "blizzard" crippled the state.  They got 4" of snow dumped on them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Southern states/cities just aren't equipped with snow/ice removal equipment.  Went to Arkansas quite a few years back where a "blizzard" crippled the state.  They got 4" of snow dumped on them.

Lol, ain't that the truth...our 2nd year down here in Texas there was a "threat" of snow...I drove into work about 6 am, and it hadn't snowed a flake...so I called my daughter who had an 8 am college class that morning and told her no worries..."They've already cancelled classes for the day, Dad."

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, rico said:

It's more than just the ability of DOT to deal with the snow, it's also the inability of drivers to deal with it. Just this week it was raining and the road was just wet, got stuck behind a driver going 40 and every time they encountered oncoming traffic they slowed to 20?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

It's more than just the ability of DOT to deal with the snow, it's also the inability of drivers to deal with it. Just this week it was raining and the road was just wet, got stuck behind a driver going 40 and every time they encountered oncoming traffic they slowed to 20?

Hell, that happens in Warsaw, Indiana!

5 hours ago, rico said:

Hell, that happens in Warsaw, Indiana!

Can only imagine how bad the driving in northern Atlanta is right now, with a mix of snow and sleet! Most of the people down here are clueless about how to drive in the stuff! At least in Warsaw you have a chance. 

Edited by Drroogh
  • Haha 1

• Reacher changed the title to Weather events
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Is that still from Wednesday night? Darn...hopefully it gets turned back on soon and food/drinks in fridge aren't ruined.

I got my power back about an hour after I posted luckily.  Some streets in town were still out. 39 utility poles had been knocked out. 

• Like 3