Weather events

Reacher

19 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Well, that was easy over here...

I don't think we even got to 10 mph on the wind at my place. A little rain was about it.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Join me in giving them out to the people in Beaumont and Lake Charles. They got pounded. God speed to them...

Great news for you and your wife. Haven't even looked at the news for the folks in Lake Charles and that area. It was looking pretty dire last night when we fell asleep.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I don't think we even got to 10 mph on the wind at my place. A little rain was about it.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Join me in giving them out to the people in Beaumont and Lake Charles. They got pounded. God speed to them...

Good to hear. Amazing how a storm can look so big on a radar yet have such a definitive cutoff line between nothing and destruction. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Good to hear.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Yeah, but I have lots of water and canned food now.....

Feel bad for the folks in Beaumont, Lake Charles and the area. Harvey wasn’t that long ago.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I was in Kokomo visiting my oldest brother and the temperature outside was almost 90. I got to South Bend around 4:30 and the temperature had dropped to 71 degrees. Got back home to Portage, Michigan about 90 minutes later and the temperature was back to 90 degrees. 

Should have stayed in S Bend

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For us weather fans this is simply amazing to me. 100 degrees in Denver today and up to 6 inches of snow by Tuesday. Haha and of course back up to 80's after that.

Actually hit 101 yesterday (Sept. 5) in Denver.  And as you say... 100 today, one day before Labor Day.  Labor Day should set a record... for numbers of days over 90 in Denver.

And woke up today.... hearing 6 inches of snow ....in Denver predicted for Tuesday.  Have I said..... "I love Colorado !"  ?

Disconnect your out door hoses, before Tuesday.  Reconnect after the freaky cold spell. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

Actually hit 101 yesterday (Sept. 5) in Denver.  And as you say... 100 today, one day before Labor Day.  Labor Day should set a record... for numbers of days over 90 in Denver.

And woke up today.... hearing 6 inches of snow ....in Denver predicted for Tuesday.  Have I said..... "I love Colorado !"  ?

Disconnect your out door hoses, before Tuesday.  Reconnect after the freaky cold spell. 

I saw something about this in the NYT this morning. Crazy temps swing and definitely a weird weather event!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

I saw something about this in the NYT this morning. Crazy temps swing and definitely a weird weather event!

Hope you are doing well in the BIG CITY.   Yes.  Crazy weather event. While Denver may get up to six inches of snow, I imagine most will melt, considering how hot the ground has been in previous days. And based on previous experience, if anything sticks will be gone the next day. We can use the moisture.   But sure beats what went on with the winds in Iowa this summer and in the Gulf of Mexico, just a few days ago, ahead of the traditional hurricane season.  Best wishes to you and your wife for staying safe during this pandemic.

Edited by milehiiu
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Hope you are doing well in the BIG CITY.   Yes.  Crazy weather event. While Denver may get up to six inches of snow, I imagine most will melt, considering how hot the ground has been in previous days. And based on previous experience, if anything sticks will be gone the next day. We can use the moisture.   But sure beats what went on with the winds in Iowa this summer and in the Gulf of Mexico, just a few days ago, ahead of the traditional hurricane season.  Best wishes to you and your wife for staying safe during this pandemic.

Doing well here! One summer, I lived with my Mom in Boulder right after getting out of the military. I think I got there in late May and we had a huge snowstorm in late May/early June that really messed up the trees with branches on them - wet and heavy snow! But, yep it was all melted the next day.

Thank you for your service...on this Labor Day.  Happy to hear you are

45 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Doing well here! One summer, I lived with my Mom in Boulder right after getting out of the military. I think I got there in late May and we had a huge snowstorm in late May/early June that really messed up the trees with branches on them - wet and heavy snow! But, yep it was all melted the next day.

Thank you for your service on this Labor Day.   Happy to hear that you are doing well. 

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm geeking out because we've been getting thunderstorms all day. The storms aren't anything spectacular, but we've had so little rain this summer I've almost forgotten what thunder sounded like. It's refreshing. 

Hit me overnight and this morning. Put fall fertilizer down yesterday in anticipation. With the Highs in the 70s the next 2 weeks, should really get the grass green and growing once again

2 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

Thank you, Mile! Hope you guys are okay with all the smoke and weather weirdness.

The smoke was horrible early this morning. One local tv station shows the Denver skyline and buildings each morning.  Today ( Sept. 8) you could not see a thing. Hopefully the snow which is falling right now will help with the air quality.  I don't even care that currently there has been over a 60 degree temp drop from Labor Day.  So funny.  Began Labor Day out with the air conditioner on.  And by the afternoon, switched over to heat.  I love Colorado !

Thanks for the well wishes.  We are doing fine. Veggies and plants either got covered or brought into the house on Labor Day.

• Like 1

Saw a report earlier today that here, further to the east the smoke from wildfires out west could make for some interesting sunsets.  

I'm in southern Indiana and was just outside.  The night sky is hazy, moon is in last quarter, cant see it, and I cant see a star in the sky. Even on cloudy nights I can see something.  Anyone else think this night sky is different?