Weather events

Reacher

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

17 here this morning and a light dusting. My flag got frozen...

There are power outages all around us. I hope like hell that doesn't happen...

PXL_20210215_120349669.NIGHT.thumb.jpg.276ba1b969d2bc552c3ba1b9d787677a.jpg

As long as your pipes made it thru night, you should be good. 

1 here with some flurries and 4-8" expected. 

This has been light fluffy snow of late for us. Amazing we haven't had much wind or the drifting would be terrible. 

I like to shovel so anything 8" or less I shovel. Only bring out the snowthrower for the big heavy stuff. Once this year so far and not at all last winter

Edited by Reacher
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Calling for 25mph winds here tonight.  Terrible combination.

Seems like all winter the snow or ice has stayed North or South of Indy. No 7-10 miss for us in Indy area on this one. Really good chance of us getting 10 inches today/tonight. Be safe everyone. Another one coming Thursday before 40 and rain Sunday starts the melting process. 

13 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like all winter the snow or ice has stayed North or South of Indy. No 7-10 miss for us in Indy area on this one. Really good chance of us getting 10 inches today/tonight. Be safe everyone. Another one coming Thursday before 40 and rain Sunday starts the melting process. 

Fish on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reacher said:

As long as your pipes made it thru night, you should be good. 

1 here with some flurries and 4-8" expected. 

This has been light fluffy snow of late for us. Amazing we haven't had much wind or the drifting would be terrible. 

I like to shovel so anything 8" or less I shovel. Only bring out the snowthrower for the big heavy stuff. Once this year so far and not at all last winter

Just got back in from the barn, and had no water. Went to work with a little Kenwood heater I have and my wife's hair dryer, and got it thawed in about 30 minutes. No visible damage to the pipes.

Gonna go rewrap a few pipes here directly...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Just got back in from the barn, and had no water. Went to work with a little Kenwood heater I have and my wife's hair dryer, and got it thawed in about 30 minutes. No visible damage to the pipes.

Gonna go rewrap a few pipes here directly...

I was reading a Homesteading Page on Gab last week. One guy periodically uses Solanpas heat pads on his pipes. I thought that was a unique use. Cheap, disposable...

• Like 1