Weather events

Reacher

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Well, I was wrong. Everyone in northeast Indiana had school today. I heard some people grumbling about not getting a 2 hour delay...I think this will be a good learning experience for them. 

Now, back to telling people to get off my snow-covered, late April lawn...

Agreed.  Cant stand it when people walk through my fresh snow #1 because it messes it up, #2 they dont have permission to be in my yard!!

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So a tornado hit Atlanta today! I’ve got 3 weather alerts, thankfully no tornadoes right now!

Here it comes 

I wish you Texans would stop gathering up storms and sending them my way!

image.thumb.png.59674f62434dbef6cb1fbd6bbdf496e9.png

I know Peachtree-Dekalb airport evacuated the tower cab for a while because of tornadoes...not a good place to be even with just high wind...

It rained all day Saturday here, but we pushed it eastward...

• Confused 1

Texas has skipped spring a vaulted right into summer...

90 here with 70% humidity. I just went down to the barn to do my daily chores and it felt like walking in a bucket of pee...

I walked in the door and my wife's one word covered it..."Ewwww" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Texas has skipped spring a vaulted right into summer...

90 here with 70% humidity. I just went down to the barn to do my daily chores and it felt like walking in a bucket of pee...

I walked in the door and my wife's one word covered it..."Ewwww" 

Send it North! I know some can't stand the heat/humidity but give it to me all day long. I'll take that extreme over the alternative all day long. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Send it North! I know some can't stand the heat/humidity but give it to me all day long. I'll take that extreme over the alternative all day long. 

You bite your tongue...that stuff is just fine where it is at, Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, rico said:

You bite your tongue...that stuff is just fine where it is at, Texas.

I hear you. I have to be the softest Chicago born guy in the world. I despise the cold.....probably had something to do with hand delivering 75 newspapers as a 9 year old in the winter every single morning because some guy would wake up at 530 and call the office if he didn't have his paper.

Some of those mornings I'm still cold from. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Up to 17" of rain causing flooding from Houston to LA. Stay dry @IUFLA

Thanks @Reacher...I sit on the highest point in the Splendora Metro Area, so I don't expect any flooding, which is good...It didn't even flood here during Harvey, although it did rain 50 inches and was out of my drain-off ditches up to about the middle of my front yard (about 70 yards from the house)...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Thanks @Reacher...I sit on the highest point in the Splendora Metro Area, so I don't expect any flooding, which is good...It didn't even flood here during Harvey, although it did rain 50 inches and was out of my drain-off ditches up to about the middle of my front yard (about 70 yards from the house)...

Were you in Montgomery for this one?

https://www.weather.gov/lot/1996floodanniversary