Weather events

Reacher

Been avoiding this, but joining in. My dad was a weather fanatic! He kept track of temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure every day!! He left behind logs! He swore there were  two weather cycles. A 7 year cycle and a 100 year cycle! He may be right!

Me I think my Mother Earth is just getting older! I’ve researched ocean salinity, some science says the oceans have reached an equilibrium . I say BS how is it that the salton sea is so much more saline than the oceans?

Saline increases the the oceans ability to absorb the suns energy and store it!

My fear is that we will be unprepared, because science keeps blaming humankind!

This isn't necessarily a weather phenomenon but may have been caused by the recent hurricanes down south.

Any of you all dealing with the army worm infestation? My son is in the landscaping/lawncare business and has been overrun with frantic calls, as these are wiping out lawns, almost overnight.

This is a relatively rare occurrence, especially up here in Northern Indiana. Evidently, the theory is that the hurricanes blew the worms up north, and they have spread alarmingly fast. Also have been decimating farm fields.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This isn't necessarily a weather phenomenon but may have been caused by the recent hurricanes down south.

Any of you all dealing with the army worm infestation? My son is in the landscaping/lawncare business and has been overrun with frantic calls, as these are wiping out lawns, almost overnight.

This is a relatively rare occurrence, especially up here in Northern Indiana. Evidently, the theory is that the hurricanes blew the worms up north, and they have spread alarmingly fast. Also have been decimating farm fields.

Armyworms eat the grass blades and leave the crown so the grass can grow back. You need to water it every day to keep the crown from dying from heat/drought.

39 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

According to the article and my math the glaciers in Greenland take up about 821,000 square miles of surface area. 

If they all melt I'm pretty sure California, Mexico, and all the drought ridden places in the world have plenty of room for the extra water. 

I'm not denying the climate is changing. Look back at what  @FKIM01 posted. 

I don't think humans have anything to do with it. 

I didn't say anything about humans causing climate change, nor does it really matter what or who caused it at this point. We have very possibly passed the point of responsibility being a relevant talking point. 

Unfortunately glaciers melting aren't considerate enough to simply fill in where we have droughts. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I didn't say anything about humans causing climate change, nor does it really matter what or who caused it at this point. We have very possibly passed the point of responsibility being a relevant talking point. 

Unfortunately glaciers melting aren't considerate enough to simply fill in where we have droughts. 

Not to mention, if it got hot enough for the glaciers to completely melt, Mexico and California would hardly be the only places needing drought relief. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Not to mention, if it got hot enough for the glaciers to completely melt, Mexico and California would hardly be the only places needing drought relief. 

And we don’t know how much methane could be trapped in the glaciers, which is potentially going to create a hell of a feedback loop as they melt. 

10 minutes ago, rico said:

Something tells me man made climate change will definitely be a problem in the future....one way or another. Can't see how this stuff won't have global implications with serious consequences. If the science behind this was as pure and had unintended consequences you know we wouldn't have droughts and forest fires in California, flooding in the Midwest, and hurricanes in the gulf....and China is leading the way.....yeah....sure.