Weather events

Reacher

3 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I missed it, can you share it?

I can't find a super recent one and can't remember where i even saw it, thought it was my google news thread.  Thos one is from 2020 and there are talks about Dubia and China doing it more recently in different articles.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/03/china-vows-to-boost-weather-modification-capabilities

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I can't find a super recent one and can't remember where i even saw it, thought it was my google news thread.  Thos one is from 2020 and there are talks about Dubia and China doing it more recently in different articles.  

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/03/china-vows-to-boost-weather-modification-capabilities

Interesting, thank you for sharing. 

I can't help but think that while we can maybe impact the weather, we aren't going to impact the overall climate with something like this. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Actually quite interesting if true. Whitewashing has been used for a long time to try and reduce the amount of energy a building, road or whatever absorbs.image.thumb.jpeg.885ecc461a77aa744c870e49bc17d5fd.jpeg

Santorini Greece for instance. There are even studies about how the wake of a ship in the ocean can be made to leave more bubbles behind so that the wake absorbs less energy.

If this is true the paint emits more energy than absorbs?? Well then even construction changes. Instead of still insulating to reduce energy inside, less insulation would be desired so the exterior can actually draw energy from inside.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Actually quite interesting if true. Whitewashing has been used for a long time to try and reduce the amount of energy a building, road or whatever absorbs.image.thumb.jpeg.885ecc461a77aa744c870e49bc17d5fd.jpeg

Santorini Greece for instance. There are even studies about how the wake of a ship in the ocean can be made to leave more bubbles behind so that the wake absorbs less energy.

If this is true the paint emits more energy than absorbs?? Well then even construction changes. Instead of still insulating to reduce energy inside, less insulation would be desired so the exterior can actually draw energy from inside.

Will be interesting to see what comes of this!

I was thinking about all the roofing and siding on a factory building.  Or any big metal building for that matter.  The future is so bright I gotta wear shades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A had a previous home with a flat roof over one room. I thought I'd use a white coating to help reflect some heat. I'm sure it was better than the typical black coating but after a month it was all dirty from the water that would pool there and all the dirt and debris that accumulated. The bright white didn't last long at all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

A had a previous home with a flat roof over one room. I thought I'd use a white coating to help reflect some heat. I'm sure it was better than the typical black coating but after a month it was all dirty from the water that would pool there and all the dirt and debris that accumulated. The bright white didn't last long at all. 

TBH, flat roofs really don't work no matter what color they are.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Snowing in Bloomington, 40 miles south, thunderstorms at my house. Indiana weather is nuts.

Have a couple 60 degree days next week. 

The kids were happy for the snow today, but I need a few more 50/60 degree days to finish up some stuff outside before winter sets in. It has been really windy around us too the past few days (40-45 mph winds today).

23 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

The kids were happy for the snow today, but I need a few more 50/60 degree days to finish up some stuff outside before winter sets in. It has been really windy around us too the past few days (40-45 mph winds today).

Same here. Friday had sleet/rain and the same with wind. Don't know about you but I have a couple 60 degree days this coming week. 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

Same here. Friday had sleet/rain and the same with wind. Don't know about you but I have a couple 60 degree days this coming week. 

I think we have one 60 degree day and 1 or 2 in the 50s. Hopefully, not real windy those days...so I can finish up my to do list. My wife is already on me to put up Christmas decorations!

26 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think we have one 60 degree day and 1 or 2 in the 50s. Hopefully, not real windy those days...so I can finish up my to do list. My wife is already on me to put up Christmas decorations!

So I'm not the only one, lol. Already have an artifical tree in the bedroom in addition to thread one we get later for living room. She wants a gnome theme this year so already have 5 of those and it looks like I'm putting lights up this week 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, NotIThatLives said:

A little late but have you heard of cloud seeding.  Governments are definitely trying to manipulate weather patterns.