Weather events

Reacher

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Vegetarian since 1971. Way more dining options now than back then. I can't remember getting this far into the winter without any significant cold or snow.

Nice! I didn’t think there would be many of us on here. And yes, it’s much easier to be a vegetarian these days than back in the day.

55 and rainy here. We had outdoor brunch reservations this morning, but switched to indoors b/c of the rain. 

Wife's parents are vegetarian.  Although they primarily eat carbs and ice cream. Anyway, they haven't been getting along so well lately so MIL has been feeding him regular whoppers and telling him it's the impossible burger. Moral of the story, don't piss off the hand that feeds you. 

How is this weather related?  Because of snow he didn't get his whopper today. 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In a Winter Weather Advisory up here in NE Indiana. Snow and sleet until 7:00 tomorrow morning. 

Crash on the Toll Road in Elkhart County claimed 2 lives. 

Nasty, and glad to not be going anywhere 

Little bit of ice and a little bit of snow here in the Warsaw area.  But it is a balmy 20 degrees.

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Still about 6 weeks to go but I don't remember a winter without zero snow but so far this year Indy has perfected the 7-10 split...or whatever else you want to call it. 

You don't live in Indiana, right? Winter lasts until April around here lately. 

We had some freezing rain yesterday, not a ton, but enough to make driving a little bit difficult. Schools were in session in spite of the weather. Today, roads are clear, no rain or snow, but everything was closed. I have a feeling the administrators got an earful from some over-protective parents yesterday and gave them today off to make up for it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We had some freezing rain yesterday, not a ton, but enough to make driving a little bit difficult. Schools were in session in spite of the weather. Today, roads are clear, no rain or snow, but everything was closed. I have a feeling the administrators got an earful from some over-protective parents yesterday and gave them today off to make up for it. 

Lived in Carmel for 25+ years. The last decade or so I feel like our climate has been shifting more and more Louisville with the occasional Nashville in terms of snow fall. Just doesn't seem like we get much anymore. It's still cold but our snow numbers "seem" like their down. 

6 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

Back in my day lol….I lived in rural Indiana so kids came in from all over the county…knowing full well those roads were last to be cleared. School ran no matter what. Air conditioning out, 6 inches snow, ice, tornadoes lol…maybe a 1 or 2 hour delay but always ran. Can’t tell you how many times you’d hear over the PA that bus 23 etc would be late as it is being pulled out of a ditch. No one ever complained unless they DID cancel school (because no school meant no work for parents and no one got personal days back then lol). Those bus drivers I felt like were straight out of Mad Max…couldn’t phase them!

• Like 3

Got a text from my aunt in South Florida this morning. Hoosiers loss was painful but not as painful as this 40 degree temps this morning. She goes how in the world do you deal with this stuff?

Seems like it happens once a year where the cold dips into Florida and America's pistol grip goes crazy. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, rico said:

A snow plow's trip down memory lane---The Blizzard of '78

http://www.inkfreenews.com/2022/01/24/timeline-from-the-past-remembering-the-blizzard-of-78/

We had a two story house growing up...but the land just to our west was all open so the drifts we had were as big as any in the neighborhood. Anyway...opening up your bedroom window(on 2nd floor)  and sledding off the roof to the street was as cool as anything possible for a kid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1