Weather events

Reacher

3 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

All after-school events were cancelled this evening due to "winter weather conditions." Apparently rain is now considered winter weather. 

All after school events were canceled here also, and all we got was rain most of the day and about an inch of snow so far, which looks like it is tapering off now. The rain was starting to freeze a little bit but turned to snow before it did.

Edited by Hoosier51

22 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I know as we get closer to March the extremes in Indiana start developing more and more...but the roller coaster we've been on is crazy. Melt freeze melt freeze high winds,etc....it was 15 early this morning with low 60's coming on Monday all while another round of snow by Thursday.

Mother Nature

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

Had our first thunderstorm of the year last night. Woke up to a storm at 3:30 a.m. Didn't realize until I looked at a weather report that my area was under a severe thunderstorm warning at the time with a special statement to remain alert for a possible developing tornado. 

A big storm rolled through Fort Wayne around 3am this morning. The thunder woke me up and it started raining quite heavily with frequent lightning. Took me a bit to fall back asleep.

11 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

A big storm rolled through Fort Wayne around 3am this morning. The thunder woke me up and it started raining quite heavily with frequent lightning. Took me a bit to fall back asleep.

That storm brough 50 mph winds my way.  Got several limbs down in the yard as well as a tree in the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thankful that warm temps are on the way for those of us who call Indiana home. I saw a tweet this morning and agree 100% with it. I feel like September and October (for the most part) are still summer months and April is just one giant don't know what we'll get.

Snow on Monday morning and 82 on Saturday. Happy for the kids and Little 5 this weekend though. Weather will be glorious.