Weather events

Reacher

7 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Update. Anyone know of a AC place in Indy area on the cheap? Haha....SOB. $6172 is the 13 seer (whatever that is) cheapest option from Summer's. Guess I didn't know AC's cost that much.

Oh well. I'm off to chase that little white ball around and worry about the AC game tonight.

Oh goodness don't use summer's.  Appel.  Very honest and good in my experience so far.  They will try to save you money they will try to repair if possible before replacing and leave the decision up to you.  

Screenshot_20220511-181711.png

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Oh goodness don't use summer's.  Appel.  Very honest and good in my experience so far.  They will try to save you money they will try to repair if possible before replacing and leave the decision up to you.  

That's what my aunt said....she goes call and ask for Randy. Reason why I had Summer's out was because they did our furnace and water heater last year and were well below anyone in the area. Maybe that's their niche?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IUFLA said:

You got a great deal. 18 SEER here in Texas is getting around 5 figures installed.

That was a year ago before inflation hit. I also got a furnace so think that helped too. Told my wife we might as well get it before summer to save on our electric bills. With the computer chip shortage hitting cars, figured it would spill over. My brother got a comparable one a few months earlier for like $2k more so when I got my quote it was less than I was expecting and I gave the go ahead without looking at anyone else. 

On 5/11/2022 at 6:18 PM, NotIThatLives said:

Have them and another coming out today. I'll just add this to the board. Make sure to shop...the guy from Williams just gave me a quote that is $2,000 less than what the other guy was quoting. The gentleman said I've been in this business for 30 years.....he was trying to take advantage of the heat. Total ripoff what he quoted you....and he actually took it a step further and said those are the guys that give all of us bad names.

• 2 weeks later...

So apparently there were a few tornadoes elsewhere in the state yesterday. Where I live, we haven't had a tornado warning in over 5 years now. I feel like as a kid, a tornado warning with the sirens going off happened about once or twice a year on average, even though it always ended up being no different than any other storm. Now we go years at a time without having one. I sure do miss the adrenaline rush of hearing the sirens and trying to watch the storm roll in while my mom yelled at me to get in the basement, while my dad half-heartedly agreed with her while also trying to watch with me. 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Gotta give all credit to JMV for that one

I am now here in Hilton Head but heard there was a tornado spotted in Rush County near Arlington. Said it hit their fire station. Just wondering how bad the weather was in Indiana today.

40 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am now here in Hilton Head but heard there was a tornado spotted in Rush County near Arlington. Said it hit their fire station. Just wondering how bad the weather was in Indiana today.

Nothing but rain and some wind in westport and Columbus,  heard st Paul had some nasty stuff

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

The Bluffton Bubble does it again. We were smack dab in the middle of a severe thunderstorm warning earlier and ended up not getting a single drop of rain. 

No damage here at the ranch but I did get a little over a 1/2" of rain.  

The west side of Ft. Wayne looks like a war zone. Officially, a "derecho" hit last night. 

Temps in the upper 90's with heat index at 110 and 28,000 customers without power. I & M telling them that it will be until Thursday night until power is restored.

We got it pretty bad up here in Angola as well. Fortunately, I still have power, but nearby lines are down and gas lines have broken.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The west side of Ft. Wayne looks like a war zone. Officially, a "derecho" hit last night. 

Temps in the upper 90's with heat index at 110 and 28,000 customers without power. I & M telling them that it will be until Thursday night until power is restored.

We got it pretty bad up here in Angola as well. Fortunately, I still have power, but nearby lines are down and gas lines have broken.

Man, I hate to hear that. Such misery and a danger to lives.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

This Fort Wayne / Angola event was the same storm that hit Madison Wisconsin earlier in the day.  Many still without power here.  A couple more pics attached. 

It went from okay weather to 80 mph winds in just minutes.  I'm sure there were some boats on the lake that didn't make it off the water.  No news or pics of that.

Temps near 100 today here, too.  No AC for parts of the city.  Should all be back on by later today or tonight.

No-Ruler.png?ve=1&tl=1

storm 4.JPG

storm 5.JPG

Edited by Madison22
  • Thanks 1