Weather events

Reacher

I hope this GIF works.  It's the storm that came through Madison Wisconsin.  Stayed small and compact compared to what we're used to in the Midwest, but moved around the US in a tight circular pattern.   Like a mini-hurricane.  

I spoke to some weather people in TV here.  They say they've never seen anything like it.  It covered almost 70% of a circle in its trip.

PS:  a new separate line just came though here an hour ago.  Tornadoes this time.  Yay. 

Edited by Madison22

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

A tree fell on my house tonight. Water leaking in. Awesome. 

That happened to me 20 years ago. Make sure you get a whole new roof. State farm offer was to patch it which I was told would eventually lead to leaks. Had to fight them to do it properly. Get your own contractor out asap so you have an estimate before you get your insurance offer. Good luck! 

14 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I had more rain in 6 hours this morning (2 inches) than I've had in the past 6 weeks. 

We missed again. I honestly don't remember the last time we had rain here in Indy/Carmel area. Feels like several weeks if not a month...if we don't get the storms this afternoon we might have another long wait.

Gave up on the yard now I'm just trying to save the garden each day.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

We missed again. I honestly don't remember the last time we had rain here in Indy/Carmel area. Feels like several weeks if not a month...if we don't get the storms this afternoon we might have another long wait.

Gave up on the yard now I'm just trying to save the garden each day.

I follow an Indiana/Midwest weather group on Facebook. There's a dude in the comments from Indy who's hyperventilating every day that Indy never gets rain in the summer anymore. It's funny because I distinctly remember a dry summer not too long ago where I thought to myself that Indy was getting all of our rain. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I follow an Indiana/Midwest weather group on Facebook. There's a dude in the comments from Indy who's hyperventilating every day that Indy never gets rain in the summer anymore. It's funny because I distinctly remember a dry summer not too long ago where I thought to myself that Indy was getting all of our rain. 

I'm not at hyperventilating stage yet.....but this is just like the 2012 summer. South Florida/Texas heat and humidity all summer without any relief in sight.

I will say I normally love the heat and sun but this is getting beyond ridiculous. Can't wait for just a cloudy day where the sun isn't beating us up.

4 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

With the light of day I can see it was one huge tree that fell into two smaller trees and then onto the house. The two smaller trees saved me because the big tree fell right in the direction of where I was sitting in my office when it happened. 

Wow, so glad you are safe!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

With the light of day I can see it was one huge tree that fell into two smaller trees and then onto the house. The two smaller trees saved me because the big tree fell right in the direction of where I was sitting in my office when it happened. 

Sorry to hear that. I hope your insurance does the right thing and you are able to find some competent contractors to get things fixed up quickly. Good luck and glad you and your family weren't injured. Hang in there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Lucky you. 

It had been a while.  Every storm front that came through the last 3-4 weeks either broke up before it got here, or went just north or south of my house.  It was like living in a super hot and humid dome.  

• Like 1

I just got back from a trip up to Yosemite. Absolutely perfect weather on Thursday and Friday. A fire started in the Mariposa Groves, a collection of beautiful Sequoia trees, which made yesterday's air quality a bit more hazy, but it was still quite spectacular as the sun was filtering through an orange/amber glow all day.

I didn't know this, but fires are beneficial to the Sequoias, as it helps with their reproduction. All the small firs and cedars get burnt away, allowing Sequoias the space to grow.

Now it's back to the SoCal reality of heat, blue skies and zero rain! I do miss a good bone-rattling thunderstorm every so often.

• Like 3