Weather events

Reacher

On 7/29/2022 at 1:09 PM, Lostin76 said:

This terrifies me. One of our big dreams was to retire to live in CA with a bunch or animals, but we both realize that we probably could not take the worry/stress of animals perishing in a fire. And fires have become so common that we realize it will never be for us. 

Now, I’m going to be worried about your horses…

They're jumpers, so a 4 foot fence is no issue if they're scared... 

• 2 weeks later...

We went over to Kyle, Texas yesterday to visit my daughter and son in law and our granddaughter. Must have been some kinda storm here yesterday because our neighbor had one of his pines snap. Took out some of his fence and missed his house by about 10 feet.

He said the trunk had been compromised but he didn't think it'd snap like that. I told him the way the trunk was twisted he be better off letting a professional cut it up. 

PXL_20220820_185319577.thumb.jpg.144b605b2a9aa18536f88c9b5efeb208.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IanFlaZoomTrackChan27Sep7a.webp.b97f1a3b5e2f32625d98b18356535d46.webp

Don't miss this stuff one bit. Been through 3 (Erin and Opal on the Florida panhandle in 95 and Harvey here in Texas in 2017).

Wish everyone good luck in that region.

A friend of mine recently sold his (older) house in Tampa to developers (at a handsome profit) who are going to raze it. 

Mother Nature might save them the effort... 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

IanFlaZoomTrackChan27Sep7a.webp.b97f1a3b5e2f32625d98b18356535d46.webp

Don't miss this stuff one bit. Been through 3 (Erin and Opal on the Florida panhandle in 95 and Harvey here in Texas in 2017).

Wish everyone good luck in that region.

A friend of mine recently sold his (older) house in Tampa to developers (at a handsome profit) who are going to raze it. 

Mother Nature might save them the effort... 

Definitely need to keep people in prayer! I learned my lesson when as I was watching the weather I thought good it looks like it’s going North of me. The spirit immediately rebuked me, so I said a prayer for those in the path of the storm. Didn’t realize I was praying for myself and my neighbors as I was awakened that night by an F2 tornado passing between mine and my neighbors house!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Drroogh said:

Definitely need to keep people in prayer! I learned my lesson when as I was watching the weather I thought good it looks like it’s going North of me. The spirit immediately rebuked me, so I said a prayer for those in the path of the storm. Didn’t realize I was praying for myself and my neighbors as I was awakened that night by an F2 tornado passing between mine and my neighbors house!

Well said, many times our blessings and good fortune are the exact opposite for many others. Let's keep those in the path in prayers. 

On a selfish note we are headed to Navarre Beach in 10 days, not sure if we get a refund so hoping we can still go

• Like 3

Man gang. Getting some reports from Naples, Marco,etc...if anyone has ever been at the Naples Pier that's a good 15 above Atlantic and water was going over it. Neighbor has a place in Marco...water is 7 feet high.

One other thing that most don't understand. Most don't have insurance because it's not available or it costs so much. Can't even imagine the amount of $ the repair is going to cost.

• Sad 3