Weather events

Reacher

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought I would fire this one back up again. Indy breaks 108 year old record for coldest temps. Sunny and 61 Sunday to feels like temps of around 0. Just a normal 36 hours in the 317. 

South Bend tied their record snowfall for Nov. 11th.

Fort Wayne set a new record for snowfall on the 11th.

Record low temps here as well the next few days.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

39 here in Houston at this moment. You guys should keep this weather up where it belongs

So what you are saying is....There is a heatwave in Houston?  You lucky mofo!  I will be thinking about you when I wake up and it is 8 degrees with a windchill of -10!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

So what you are saying is....There is a heatwave in Houston?  You lucky mofo!  I will be thinking about you when I wake up and it is 8 degrees with a windchill of -10!

😁 Supposed to get down to 28 tonight. I fear for my blue Java banana tree.

Lived 11 years in Chicagoland, so I know the feeling...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reacher said:

All this with 40 days until the official start of winter!

I left FL this am where it wa 85 and sunny yesterday to return to 8 degrees in Chicago. Something wrong with me.

Same here.  Came back from Florida on Monday only to find the temperature in the Fort (Wayne) to be in the 20's and to find snow all over the ground and my car!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

The heat in my car quit working. What good timing. At least my truck still works but my wife has to chauffeur me back and forth to work because she needs it too.

It's too cold. 

I used a portable car heater like this one in a piece of crap Ford Taurus I had through a Chicago winter back in 2005. Kept the car in the garage and would fire up the portable 10 minutes before I took off for work. 

• Like 2

After spending about 10hrs over 3 separate days off finally got the heat in my car fixed. As always it was something dumb and cheap but I was forced to do some preventative maintenance so there's that. 

So now that it's fixed I figure it will be a milder winter than predicted because that's how things go for me. 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

After spending about 10hrs over 3 separate days off finally got the heat in my car fixed. As always it was something dumb and cheap but I was forced to do some preventative maintenance so there's that. 

So now that it's fixed I figure it will be a milder winter than predicted because that's how things go for me. 

The car geek in me is curious.  What was it?