Last 15 years 

• Vandy has appeared in 8 NCAA Tournaments
  • IU has appeared in 8 NCAA Tournaments

Come on 5. 

History - IU vs Vandy?

Conference - IU vs Vandy?

Atmosphere - IU vs Vandy?

Fan base - IU vs Vandy?

The only distinct advantage Vandy has is that it’s in Nashville. Most would agree it’s overall a better education, but not by much. I think you know there’s not much comparison here. 

These are all Rivals guys.

Eric Bossi is a national basketball analyst with Rivals with a long history of talent evaluation. He's a good scout, and has connections, though he isn't usually the guy you look to, to make a prediction on where a recruit is going. But wouldn't discount his connections.

There is more than one Evans, but this is Corey Evans, also a national basketball analyst with Rivals, a younger guy. Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Dan McDonald is a program coordinator at Basketball Recruiting, Lake Point Sports, and a Rivals contributor. I am not very familiar with him. Here's his twitter: https://twitter.com/dmcdonaldrivals?lang=en

Krysten Peek has been covering bball recruiting for Rivals, as a contributor, for a few years, still fairly new. Here's her twitter: https://twitter.com/kp_rivals?lang=en

Fwiw, they're basically a team, not sure their predictions being the same should be considered the same as if they were, well, not part of the same Rivals team

1 hour ago, Hoosier987 said:

Actually Gunner  de-committed from IU, and I believe went to Notre Dame

Actually, to be totally accurate, he then committed to LSU, then de-committed from there, at which time he went to Notre Dame, left there, went to Cincinnati, played there with mixed results and then was not part of the team his Senior year.

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Conference - IU vs Vandy?

Rick Bozich article.  A lot of info to digest, but this one should jump out at everyone on this board.

The SEC signed 17 top 50 players in the class of 2017.  

The Big Ten signed...........1

Time that IU fans put some of their bias aside and realize that kids nowadays don't make the same decisions t kids did in the past.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36776008/bozich-monday-muse-sec-basketball-overtaking-acc-big-ten

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I think that many are underestimating what Vandy has to offer.

Hey  5, I completely agree with you - but your cryptic messages of late don't really give any value.  Garland choosing Vandy would be to be with a potential 1-and-done in Shuttu, what else is in Vanderbilt?  Easy SEC East?  I'm confused.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Last 15 years 

• Vandy has appeared in 8 NCAA Tournaments
  • IU has appeared in 8 NCAA Tournaments

1 Elite eight in the 60's. 

Won the SEC 3 times since joining in 1932, most recent was '92-'93. 

Tom Crean + Mike Davis > Vanderbilt SEC and NCAA Tournament results.

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Correct, but we now have Archie - he's far more easier to relate with than Crean

Ed Schilling may be even more important than Archie, at the moment.  Hearing that recruits are very impressed with the NBA players that Ed has helped  to develop over the years.

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If Garland ends up choosing Vandy, he's doing it for reasons that are important to him.  And, none of us should negatively judge the young man because of it.  

I won't view him badly but won't understand it.  Also if we get Romeo I won't be upset if we lose Garland

Archived