Archie posted this pic on Twitter this morning

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

A lot gets said about "Indiana players", but in RMK's heyday, there was almost always one player from IL and one player from OH, and in some cases multiple.  Indiana was ground zero, but Illinois and Ohio were very much core areas. 

These are nowhere near complete lists, but just the first examples I thought of:
IL: Buckner, Crews, Zeke, Grunwald, Wisman, Blab, Sloan
OH: May, Carter, Eyl, and several guys that were good but transferred: Calloway, Collier, Funderburke (not sure what that says about Ohio, but Knight didn't ignore it)

I think Giomi was from Ohio as well

3 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

A lot gets said about "Indiana players", but in RMK's heyday, there was almost always one player from IL and one player from OH, and in some cases multiple.  Indiana was ground zero, but Illinois and Ohio were very much core areas. 

These are nowhere near complete lists, but just the first examples I thought of:
IL: Buckner, Crews, Zeke, Grunwald, Wisman, Blab, Sloan
OH: May, Carter, Eyl, and several guys that were good but transferred: Calloway, Collier, Funderburke (not sure what that says about Ohio, but Knight didn't ignore it)

Yeah, if IU recruits strong in mainly the Midwest, then going outside on occasion, that is a recipe for success. They don’t all have to be Indiana kids, but even just focusing largely in the Midwest will pay off. 

Archived