FF teams and the team to win it all

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21288556/predicting-college-basketball-final-four-national-champion-coach-year-player-year

26 ESPN so-called analysts predicted FF teams and the team to win it all. Guess which team Tom Crean predicted. Xavier.

MSU received 14 votes followed by Duke and Arizona (each received 4 votes).

2 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/21288556/predicting-college-basketball-final-four-national-champion-coach-year-player-year

26 ESPN so-called analysts predicted FF teams and the team to win it all. Guess which team Tom Crean predicted. Xavier.

MSU received 14 votes followed by Duke and Arizona (each received 4 votes).

I saw quit a few pick Wichita St to make the final four

Xavier's not a bad dark horse pick at all. Really about which Xavier team will show up - the one from the tournament last year or the one from the Big East regular season play.

I'd rather have a few analysts pick a team they believe is undervalued than everyone make the same pick.

6 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

Xavier's not a bad dark horse pick at all. Really about which Xavier team will show up - the one from the tournament last year or the one from the Big East regular season play.

I'd rather have a few analysts pick a team they believe is undervalued than everyone make the same pick.

Look at some pre season rankings and Xavier is ranked around 17th so it is not a big stretch for someone to pick then to the FF.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Look at some pre season rankings and Xavier is ranked around 17th so it is not a big stretch for someone to pick then to the FF.

I never said it was. But making the Final Four and winning a national title is a big difference. If you used rankings as true seeding, it would be like a 5 seed winning it all. 

Has it happened? Yes. Is it a wise pick? Absolutely not. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I never said it was. But making the Final Four and winning a national title is a big difference. If you used rankings as true seeding, it would be like a 5 seed winning it all. 

Has it happened? Yes. Is it a wise pick? Absolutely not. 

I just feel like this was just another chance to dog on Crean by people.

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

That's exactly what I was doing. He just made it easy by making a stupid pick. 

What I am saying is it is not a stupid pick. Maybe winning the championship but I can see them getting to the final four.  Also many of those experts picked Wichita St to make the final four.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What I am saying is it is not a stupid pick. Maybe winning the championship but I can see them getting to the final four.  Also many of those experts picked Wichita St to make the final four.

So picking them to win the title is maybe stupid pick, you're taking issue with something you maybe agree with?

What does Wichita have to do with anything?

I have always felt that Dan Dakich was a little goofy ,vbg !! But he actually picks OHIO State to be in the Final Four ?????? I think HELL will freeze over before Ohio State makes the Final Four THIS SEASON  ( or any time soon ) @!!!!!!

P.S. XAVIER is always pretty darn GOOD and certainly appears to have a team capable of sneaking into the Final Four. However , as I replied in another thread , The speculation ends [ for all intents and purposes ] tomorrow night  , Friday November 10 ,2017, when we start getting the actual game results !!

6 minutes ago, hoosiertildeath said:

I have always felt that Dan Dakich was a little goofy ,vbg !! But he actually picks OHIO State to be in the Final Four ?????? I think HELL will freeze over before Ohio State makes the Final Four THIS SEASON  ( or any time soon ) @!!!!!!

P.S. XAVIER is always pretty darn GOOD and certainly appears to have a team capable of sneaking into the Final Four. However , as I replied in another thread , The speculation ends [ for all intents and purposes ] tomorrow night  , Friday November 10 ,2017, when we start getting the actual game results !!

He probably only picked OSU because his son is playing for OSU

Archived