Donaven McCulley Commits to Indiana

KDB

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Love his pocket composure.   He looked confident, and stepped into throws with pressure around him.  He looks mobile without having happy feet. 

What are you thoughts on his delivery?  Looks pretty low for a guy that is 6'5".  Could be the old school qb in me that expects it up next to your jaw.

16 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Love his pocket composure.   He looked confident, and stepped into throws with pressure around him.  He looks mobile without having happy feet. 

What are you thoughts on his delivery?  Looks pretty low for a guy that is 6'5".  Could be the old school qb in me that expects it up next to your jaw.

It starts somewhat low, but the release point isn't at all. It looks very Deshaun Watson to me. 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, btownqb said:

Compete everyday

Love it.  In the signing class press conference, Allen talked about the value of playing multiple sports.  You face crunch time, do or die situations that help prepare you for college football in terms of competitiveness and so on.  Allen specifically mentioned how DM is a good basketball player and the value that brings.  

12 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Love it.  In the signing class press conference, Allen talked about the value of playing multiple sports.  You face crunch time, do or die situations that help prepare you for college football in terms of competitiveness and so on.  Allen specifically mentioned how DM is a good basketball player and the value that brings.  

Its not out of the question that DM could have been a back to back state champ in basketball. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

I hope he comes in ready to play. I think he is the future of IU football at quarterback. It is telling that they left Tuttle in injured today. Hopefully McCulley is ready to step up sooner than later. Excited about the future of IU Football. 

Its going to take some time. Maybe a RS FR he's ready to go but no earlier. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

I hope he comes in ready to play. I think he is the future of IU football at quarterback. It is telling that they left Tuttle in injured today. Hopefully McCulley is ready to step up sooner than later. Excited about the future of IU Football. 

I wouldn't sleep too much on Dexter Williams.  Reports this spring were that he looked pretty good.  He's just a true freshman.  He lost most of the spring when things shut down, and was only the 2nd string QB for probably a week or two of practice because we were off for so long.  That would have been a really tough spot to throw him into.  Not that I think he'll start over McCulley in a few years, but I think he'll at least be a serviceable backup.

Assuming nobody leaves, our QB room next year is going to be unbelievable.  Penix, Tuttle, McCulley, and Williams.  Like you said, excited about our future!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I wouldn't sleep too much on Dexter Williams.  Reports this spring were that he looked pretty good.  He's just a true freshman.  He lost most of the spring when things shut down, and was only the 2nd string QB for probably a week or two of practice because we were off for so long.  That would have been a really tough spot to throw him into.  Not that I think he'll start over McCulley in a few years, but I think he'll at least be a serviceable backup.

Assuming nobody leaves, our QB room next year is going to be unbelievable.  Penix, Tuttle, McCulley, and Williams.  Like you said, excited about our future!

Something tells me that Williams might be a candidate for a position change?

2 hours ago, rico said:

Something tells me that Williams might be a candidate for a position change?

I wouldn't be completely surprised by that. I also wouldn't be surprised if after next year we're down to 3 of those 4. Could he Penix going pro after next season, could be Tuttle or Williams deciding to transfer. I doubt we'd have 4 QBs for more than 1 season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I agree completely about that QB room. In fact couldn’t that be the same group for the next 2-3 years

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoosier Daddy 4 said:

I agree completely about that QB room. In fact couldn’t that be the same group for the next 2-3 years

I think in this is wishful thinking in this day of easy transfers.  You may be able to keep them for one season, but unless one has physical issues or changes positions, I have my doubts. These guys want to play.  Not sure how long they're willing to wait.

Edited by jv1972iu

• 3 months later...