Ivory Winters enters Transfer Portal

KDB

• KDB changed the title to Ivory Winters enters Transfer Portal
5 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

Hope you are right he might not be gone Mile. He was a freshman I was excited to see. 

Fingers crossed that someone in power steps in, unlike with what happened with Larry Bird.  Larry got no love. Even when he reached out for it. Coach Knight, even said it was the biggest mistake he ever made. 

Understanding, that in addition to being intimidated by the size of the campus....he rarely leaves his room, except to practice. 

Someone needs to reach out to this kid. Unlike they did with Larry Bird.

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Fingers crossed that someone in power steps in, unlike with what happened with Larry Bird.  Larry got no love. Even when he reached out for it. Coach Knight, even said it was the biggest mistake he ever made. 

Understanding, that in addition to being intimidated by the size of the campus....he rarely leaves his room, except to practice. 

Someone needs to reach out to this kid. Unlike they did with Larry Bird.

Well since classes started today he would have to get out to go to classes so hopefully that might help him.

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well since classes started today he would have to get out to go to classes so hopefully that might help him.

Let's pray for him. Personally, I loved the size of IU's campus.  Even classes with upwards of 200  students.  However,I can understand some who would not be comfortable in that kind of environment. 

Crowded position. Probably just a numbers game. In terms of other....IU or larger schools aren't for everyone. Honestly I expect 2-4 transfers per year anymore. Timing is a little odd but plenty of schools haven't started yet so I believe he can transfer. Maybe he wants closer to home or maybe Arkansas said door is open again. 

It can be a culture shock the first few weeks on campus.  Didn't Winters come here from a smaller school?

My HS graduating class was 46 (classes ahead of me were low 30s) and i was part of an incoming freshman class of about 7,300 back in 2002.  I liked the change, but it's a big difference. 

24 minutes ago, Andy06 said:

It can be a culture shock the first few weeks on campus.  Didn't Winters come here from a smaller school?

My HS graduating class was 46 (classes ahead of me were low 30s) and i was part of an incoming freshman class of about 7,300 back in 2002.  I liked the change, but it's a big difference. 

My daughter's high school class was around 85 and she has done great down at IU so it is just how each individual can handle the change.

On 8/26/2019 at 1:43 PM, milehiiu said:

Hearing that he has the  Larry Bird syndrome.  Intimidated by the size of the campus. 

Entering the transfer portal. Does not mean he is gone. Just that he is checking his options.  Kind of late to do so, IMHO.

he's gone. i can't believe any head coach will take too kindly to a player looking to transfer during opening game week. 

On 8/27/2019 at 12:22 PM, IU Scott said:

My daughter's high school class was around 85 and she has done great down at IU so it is just how each individual can handle the change.

I agree completely Scott. 

Does anyone have any update in Winters?  Was he with the team yesterday?  

Archived