9 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Draft tonight.

Non PPR League 

Picked 4th

My first 3 picks, Kamara, Evans, Ernst.

Also got Josh Gordon and Josh Jacobs.

Heavy on WR and need to get a kicker.

Qb’s are okay—Goff in 9th round and Stanford in 15th

Even though I took a couple qb's early....I was still surprised how many quality qb's were left in 10th round +....I have two more drafts this coming Tuesday and Wednesday. Might think about delaying qb all together and just get a guy like Rivers late.

On 8/28/2019 at 7:05 AM, Seeking6 said:

Had a draft last night. Decided to reach on Gordon (handcuffed with Ekeler, Jackson in later rounds) last night. Core team for this 1 point PPR league, 6 points for throwing TD's is:

QB-Watson, Mayfield

RB-Kamara, Gordon, 

WR-Thielen, Godwin

TE-McDonald...missed out on top 3 and missed Henry, Engram because of where I drafted so I waited to grab one.

DST-I stream but was able to get Ravens, Cowboys

K-Butker

Bench/Handcuffs-Ekerler, Henderson, Mattison, Pollard, McCoy, Latavius Murray.

Overall feel pretty good. Big risk on Gordon in 3rd. Traded two QB's with high values with thought I'll trade one of them for WR or TE.

What round did you get Melvin Gordon?

15 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

What round did you get Melvin Gordon?

I jumped the gun and took him in 3rd. Probably dumb on my part but I knew he wasn't going to be around at the end of the 4th/start of 5th when it snaked back around. I also did it knowing I would handcuff him properly with both Ekeler and Jackson. To me the upside was so high for later in season I couldn't pass up. Most drafts I'm seeing him taken in 3rd-5th. 

I took him early but couldn't pass up the idea of top 6 fantasy player just staring me in the face. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I jumped the gun and took him in 3rd. Probably dumb on my part but I knew he wasn't going to be around at the end of the 4th/start of 5th when it snaked back around. I also did it knowing I would handcuff him properly with both Ekeler and Jackson. To me the upside was so high for later in season I couldn't pass up. Most drafts I'm seeing him taken in 3rd-5th. 

I took him early but couldn't pass up the idea of top 6 fantasy player just staring me in the face. 

Yeah. I’ve seen him fall to the 5th. If he’s available in the mid 4th, I’m going to have a hard time passing him up. 

Just curious, when did James Connor go in your draft?

7 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Yeah. I’ve seen him fall to the 5th. If he’s available in the mid 4th, I’m going to have a hard time passing him up. 

Just curious, when did James Connor go in your draft?

Full Point PPR, 6 points for QB throwing TD's...Kamara, CMac, Barkley, Hopkins, Zeke (surprise why everyone still has him top 5 and Gordon in the 3rd-5th round), Thomas, David Johnson, Adams, Julio, Beckham, Kelce, Bell was first round. Conner went after Gurley at 14th.

I'm in a dynasty fantasy league.  Who do you Colts fans like more as a receiver?  Campbell or Cain?  I am really impressed with Cain.

You can't replace Luck but I think Brissett will do just fine and Kelly looks like he could have bright future.  I think the colts receivers will do just fine. 

I'm in the first season of a dynasty league and got the #1 overall pick, so obviously going Barkley there.  Our league gives payouts for highest single week player, and highest full season player, so I might try to slightly reach on Mahomes with my back to back round 2/3 picks.  Between Barkley and Mahomes, I feel like I'd have a pretty good chance of at least getting the highest full season player.

Plus, part of me thinks it would be cool to have the #1 Rb and #1 QB on my team.  Maybe for fun I could even pick up a TE with my round 3 pick, then later the #1 defense, and the #1 kicker.  Just because I could haha.

5 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

8D6E5663-080B-4C8D-80E9-4D298F1C5A21.jpeg

All sorts of strategies. Based on your team it looks like RB heavy. I like Woods and especially Godwin in my PPR leagues. Always going to get numbers. Valdes I think will surprise people this year. Tons of receptions in the slot. Nice move on getting Pollard too. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

All sorts of strategies. Based on your team it looks like RB heavy. I like Woods and especially Godwin in my PPR leagues. Always going to get numbers. Valdes I think will surprise people this year. Tons of receptions in the slot. Nice move on getting Pollard too. 

3 RBs right off the bat wasn’t necessarily my strategy. A lot of receivers were being taken. In the 3rd, I couldn’t leave Fournette on the board and I’d be reaching for a decent WR (Wood was next on my list). Because everybody needed RBs, Wood fell to me in the 4th. Got lucky. Still extremely happy with my receivers, we’ll see how everything plays out. 

32 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

8 team league.  Draft tonight with order set 1 hour before draft time.  With this year's group of players, do you prefer picks 1 & 16, 8 & 9, or something in between?    

Without a clear cut number one this year I’d prefer 8&9. Plus you’ll be number one on waivers the first week in case some no namer breaks out. JMO. 

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

8 team league.  Draft tonight with order set 1 hour before draft time.  With this year's group of players, do you prefer picks 1 & 16, 8 & 9, or something in between?    

8 team league you should have plenty of talent to go around. Without knowing scoring system for td's, ppr,etc....I'd prefer this year 8/9. At that spot you could go Conner/Michael Thomas or Conner/Kelce....or even honestly Conner/Gurley type and lay the foundation. Good luck!

Sure glad I have 2 drafts that we wait until Tuesday and Wednesday to complete. Tons of strategies impacted by news yesterday and pending signings. If Zeke does sign he obviously moves way up charts and now handcuffing Pollard (still smart to do) is a good move but much later....round 9+ I think. McCoy getting released clears the path for rbcc in Buffalo with Singletary the lead but probably wouldn't touch any of them. McCoy joining Chiefs causes me big concern for the Damien Williams owners. Will just have to see how that shakes out.

Now to the big mama for me. I took a chance on Gordon. Chargers gave him permission to seek trades. No clue on Ekeler or Jackson or rbcc and if Gordon gets traded to a team with other rb's... it could be a big problem.

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sure glad I have 2 drafts that we wait until Tuesday and Wednesday to complete. Tons of strategies impacted by news yesterday and pending signings. If Zeke does sign he obviously moves way up charts and now handcuffing Pollard (still smart to do) is a good move but much later....round 9+ I think. McCoy getting released clears the path for rbcc in Buffalo with Singletary the lead but probably wouldn't touch any of them. McCoy joining Chiefs causes me big concern for the Damien Williams owners. Will just have to see how that shakes out.

Now to the big mama for me. I took a chance on Gordon. Chargers gave him permission to seek trades. No clue on Ekeler or Jackson or rbcc and if Gordon gets traded to a team with other rb's... it could be a big problem.

I didn’t hear about McCoy yet - makes feel better about not getting my able to get Williams. 

With Pollard on my team I’m hoping all this optimism is just positive spin. 

One more draft on Wednesday for me - a ‘fun’ league with a lot of first time, non-serious players. Half the pot goes to a fundraiser but I have no problem taking the rest. 😎 

Reid makes it official. Williams and McCoy will be shared role. Plenty in that offense to go around. Feel bad for the DW folks who took him in 3rd but that's life with early drafts. I think both players are still worth taking. One injury away and you have a featured back in explosive offense.

Something I just gave a thought on. Late round flyers in Emmanuel Sanders and Demariyus Thomas (given Gordon history and injuries there) might be good choices.

Happy drafting this week. 

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here's what I would up with last night.  In week one projections I'm within 8 points of the leader.  Drafted 9th out of 12.  All the top rbs were gone.  

Tell me what you think.  I also have solid depth I believe.  

Screenshot_20190904-114614.png

Screenshot_20190904-114834.png

I am interested in what you are going to do with Cooper week 1.  Did not played preseason, but says he is good to go.  My son has him as well and is leaning towards starting him.  I think otherwise.  He has 3 receivers on the bench, two of which you have as well (Jones and Westbrook).  

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Here's what I would up with last night.  In week one projections I'm within 8 points of the leader.  Drafted 9th out of 12.  All the top rbs were gone.  

Tell me what you think.  I also have solid depth I believe.  

Screenshot_20190904-114614.png

Screenshot_20190904-114834.png

Just at first glance I would take a look at Westbrook starting or keep your eye on him. Foles and him have developed pretty good relationship already. I think he's going to be 100+ reception guy this year. Goodwin might lose some reps to other 2 guys in SF (names escape me). Watch Ballage in Miami too. Otherwise looks like a normal draft. Some elite positions some not. Good luck!

Archived