Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, rico said:

Who do I play at defense this week-end?  Philly or the LAC?

I would play Philly. Redskins are starting Case Keenum, bringing back an injured Guice who hasn’t played for a year, have an injury prone tight end in Reed, and their O-line is a mess without their All Pro left tackle.

Chargers have some defensive injuries/ suspensions and are playing a Colts team with a good/great line, better receivers and  at least a comparable running game 

Nothing like having to sweat out Monday night football in fantasy because Vinatieri had a minus -7 week and Mahomes couldn't make the simple pass to Kelce in the endzone. Need 24.3 points in half point ppr league from Michael Thomas and Latavius Murray tonight.  Have 2 other leagues won. Need a minor miracle in the 4th. Kamara and Watson need combined 58. Oh fantasy football how we've missed you. Haha.

50 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nothing like having to sweat out Monday night football in fantasy because Vinatieri had a minus -7 week and Mahomes couldn't make the simple pass to Kelce in the endzone. Need 24.3 points in half point ppr league from Michael Thomas and Latavius Murray tonight.  Have 2 other leagues won. Need a minor miracle in the 4th. Kamara and Watson need combined 58. Oh fantasy football how we've missed you. Haha.

Well dumb ass me started Cam Newton over Dak Prescott...no hope for a win.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Have both Mahomes and Kelce, so, yeah that missed no-look pass sucked.  Still a decent lead on opponent,  but only have Hopkins to opponent's Kamara and Broncos D.  If Mahomes had made that TD pass to Kelce, I would be sweating a lot less.

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Defense / Special Teams

• Bears or
  • Ravens

Great problem to have. Bears should probably be in lineup almost every week but Ravens at home vs rookie QB is tasty. I don't have the Bears as I stream defenses each week but I did pickup Ravens in 15th round to start season. 

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Great problem to have. Bears should probably be in lineup almost every week but Ravens at home vs rookie QB is tasty. I don't have the Bears as I stream defenses each week but I did pickup Ravens in 15th round to start season. 

Leaning Ravens.  Like you said, home field and a rookie quarterback.  Original plan was to go with Bears every week and just use Ravens in week 6 when the Bears had their bye and drop the Ravens after that.  Now thinking this week's matchup is too good to pass up.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Leaning Ravens.  Like you said, home field and a rookie quarterback.  Original plan was to go with Bears every week and just use Ravens in week 6 when the Bears had their bye and drop the Ravens after that.  Now thinking this week's matchup is too good to pass up.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Broncos won't be able to run on Bears forcing Flacco to go Flacco. Probably good for a pick or two along with 5-6 sacks....but exact same scenario could play out with Ravens vs Murray. Good luck! I was glad to see Mccaffrey not go off last night. Was going against him in 2 leagues and only ended up with 6 points and obviously missed that last second TD by a yard.

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I don't think you'll be disappointed with either. Broncos won't be able to run on Bears forcing Flacco to go Flacco. Probably good for a pick or two along with 5-6 sacks....but exact same scenario could play out with Ravens vs Murray. Good luck! I was glad to see Mccaffrey not go off last night. Was going against him in 2 leagues and only ended up with 6 points and obviously missed that last second TD by a yard.

I was not up against McCaffery this week, which was originally a relief after having to survive against Kamara last week.  Now, it's like 'Man, it would have been a good week to go against McCaffery'.  

9 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was not up against McCaffery this week, which was originally a relief after having to survive against Kamara last week.  Now, it's like 'Man, it would have been a good week to go against McCaffery'.  

Those are the tough ones. Those 2 and a couple others (especially in full point ppr leagues) can pop for 40 any given week. Bullet dodged. 

All I'll say regarding fantasy is good luck. Hit the waiver wire hard. Amount of injuries this weekend was unreal. Impact is huge. Brees goes down....and Kamara/Michael Thomas value takes a hit as do all Saints. Big Ben goes down along with Conner....all values take a hit. David Johnson, Damien Williams/McCoy (sound like they should be ok)....sometimes a season can change on which handcuff you own. 

27 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I know league structure is important, but it looks like Patrick Mahomes is on course to be just as valuable as any RB for the second season in a row.  

One of my leagues I lost yesterday. My lineup was Ben, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Freeman, Kelce, Ekeler, and Jacobs. I can handle a loss (not well but can handle it)....my opponent has a dog crap team but she had Mahomes and Pats Defense yesterday. Pretty competitive league so losing by 3.14 points because doesn't sit well with me on this fine Monday morning. She won because of Mahomes.

I also lost another league last night by 5+ because of that Julio garbage...4 yard screen turns into 12+ points. Ugh...

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

One of my leagues I lost yesterday. My lineup was Ben, Michael Thomas, Keenan Allen, Freeman, Kelce, Ekeler, and Jacobs. I can handle a loss (not well but can handle it)....my opponent has a dog crap team but she had Mahomes and Pats Defense yesterday. Pretty competitive league so losing by 3.14 points because doesn't sit well with me on this fine Monday morning. She won because of Mahomes.

I also lost another league last night by 5+ because of that Julio garbage...4 yard screen turns into 12+ points. Ugh...

Julio is my man this fine Monday morning...LOL  

My first pick in the draft was Kamara...without Brees and the way Bridgewater played yesterday, value has gone down

My second pick in the draft was Mike Evans...don't know what in the hell is wrong with him.

My 4th round pick was Tevin Coleman, and he's out

My 5th round pick was Josh Gordon...and now with the Patriots signing Brown, his value has diminished.

I picked a Steeler's receiver for bench depth, and Roethlisberger is done for the season, so there goes that.

I have Ertz, Tyler Boyd, and Josh Jacobs. The rest of my team is mediocre at best. I have yet to score 80 points but somehow I am 1-1.

I may not win another game this year.

Long live Fantasy Football!

23 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My first pick in the draft was Kamara...without Brees and the way Bridgewater played yesterday, value has gone down

My second pick in the draft was Mike Evans...don't know what in the hell is wrong with him.

My 4th round pick was Tevin Coleman, and he's out

My 5th round pick was Josh Gordon...and now with the Patriots signing Brown, his value has diminished.

I picked a Steeler's receiver for bench depth, and Roethlisberger is done for the season, so there goes that.

I have Ertz, Tyler Boyd, and Josh Jacobs. The rest of my team is mediocre at best. I have yet to score 80 points but somehow I am 1-1.

I may not win another game this year.

Long live Fantasy Football!

Ouch, I haven't checked my league yet to see who is affected by the QB injuries and everything else.  I know what I tell my buddies...."Sorry about your luck."  LOL

Archived