Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

51 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My first pick in the draft was Kamara...without Brees and the way Bridgewater played yesterday, value has gone down

My second pick in the draft was Mike Evans...don't know what in the hell is wrong with him.

My 4th round pick was Tevin Coleman, and he's out

My 5th round pick was Josh Gordon...and now with the Patriots signing Brown, his value has diminished.

I picked a Steeler's receiver for bench depth, and Roethlisberger is done for the season, so there goes that.

I have Ertz, Tyler Boyd, and Josh Jacobs. The rest of my team is mediocre at best. I have yet to score 80 points but somehow I am 1-1.

I may not win another game this year.

Long live Fantasy Football!

To be fair to Bridgewater, it seemed like every time he made a positive play, and I mean every time, the line would get flagged for holding or the receiver would fail to catch a catchable ball.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My first pick in the draft was Kamara...without Brees and the way Bridgewater played yesterday, value has gone down

My second pick in the draft was Mike Evans...don't know what in the hell is wrong with him.

My 4th round pick was Tevin Coleman, and he's out

My 5th round pick was Josh Gordon...and now with the Patriots signing Brown, his value has diminished.

I picked a Steeler's receiver for bench depth, and Roethlisberger is done for the season, so there goes that.

I have Ertz, Tyler Boyd, and Josh Jacobs. The rest of my team is mediocre at best. I have yet to score 80 points but somehow I am 1-1.

I may not win another game this year.

Long live Fantasy Football!

After this weekend there are so many people feeling similar issues...especially with Brees and Ben and respective teams. Now we have to hit the waivers and figure best targets that are still left. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

To be fair to Bridgewater, it seemed like every time he made a positive play, and I mean every time, the line would get flagged for holding or the receiver would fail to catch a catchable ball.

I'm still thinking Thomas and Kamara values will hold. Pittsburgh is another deal. With Conner....seems he's going to be fine but all Steelers value way down. So many teams with holes. Add that to the matchups this week...some raced to pickup AP but he faces Bears this week. Are the 49ers a streamable defense this week at home vs Steelers? Vikings and how they use wide receivers?? Don't remember a first two weeks like this in a long time.

36 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm still thinking Thomas and Kamara values will hold. Pittsburgh is another deal. With Conner....seems he's going to be fine but all Steelers value way down. So many teams with holes. Add that to the matchups this week...some raced to pickup AP but he faces Bears this week. Are the 49ers a streamable defense this week at home vs Steelers? Vikings and how they use wide receivers?? Don't remember a first two weeks like this in a long time.

All great points...why do I have question marks dancing all around in my head?  Take me for example...I have Freeman, dude has sucked.  I am on the verge of releasing him because what has happened in the 1st 2 weeks.  BTW, I dropped Cam and picked up Rivers on the wire.  Prescott is my boy right now though.  I digress, I have running back woes.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

All great points...why do I have question marks dancing all around in my head?  Take me for example...I have Freeman, dude has sucked.  I am on the verge of releasing him because what has happened in the 1st 2 weeks.  BTW, I dropped Cam and picked up Rivers on the wire.  Prescott is my boy right now though.  I digress, I have running back woes.

I had to take Freeman in one league knowing exactly what I was getting. He won't be in my starting lineup moving forward...especially this week. Colts Rush Defense with or without Leonard will  eat him up. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I had to take Freeman in one league knowing exactly what I was getting. He won't be in my starting lineup moving forward...especially this week. Colts Rush Defense with or without Leonard will  eat him up. 

I am thinking the same thing...actually I am thinking about letting him go.

I have not done a lot of fantasy football in the past.  Even now, just co-managing my son's team in a league he has with his friends.  One thing I am loving about this league is it is a full PPR league.  That scoring system really balances out the positions.  No longer is the 3rd running back on a team more valuable than the Receivers and Tight Ends.  

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

As long as Cleveland doesn’t turn the ball over deep in their own territory I don’t think the Jets can sustain a long drive 

Was getting a little irritated that they could not stop Bell on that drive.  They had to know who was getting the ball.  Thank goodness for the holding penalty.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'd never bench an elite player because of weather but heavy, heavy rain in KC already and today for Chiefs/Ravens game. Plan accordingly. As I'm sure most have a piece of KC and Ravens somehow from QB's to 2 best kickers in fantasy this game will be impacted by Mother Nature. 

Mahomes, Kelce, and Butker here.  But, I'm hearing the rain may be letting up.  Matt Ryan is my QB on the bench, so I have a viable option, but planning on living and dying with Mahomes as long as he is healthy.  

I had a decision to make this week myself.  I have Dak but the Dolphins are coming to the Big D.  Prescott has been on fire but it looks to be an easy win where I am thinking Dak might not get 4 quarters of action.  BTW, I cut Cam and picked up Rivers as my back-up.

3 minutes ago, rico said:

I had a decision to make this week myself.  I have Dak but the Dolphins are coming to the Big D.  Prescott has been on fire but it looks to be an easy win where I am thinking Dak might not get 4 quarters of action.  BTW, I cut Cam and picked up Rivers as my back-up.

I would stick with Dak.  He may not get 4 quarters in, but should have 2-3 touchdowns while he is in there.  Meanwhile, the Chargers may not even get 3 touchdowns as a team against the Texans.  

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mike Evans and Alvin Kamara were my friends today 

I'm a Godwin owner and 2 opponents had Evans. Bucs offense will be very fantasy friendly over the season just would like the extremes to settle down a bit. Because of injuries/draft strategy I was forced to play Justin Jackson in one league. I'm going to lose by 6.4 points. For second week in a row Jackson had a TD called back on holding call that occurred opposite side of the field. NOT GREAT BOB!! Haha for any Mad Men fans. 

In other league (full point ppr) I went up against Evans, Kupp, and Waller. Those 3 alone had 104 points yesterday. Losing that league 171-142. Again...NOT GREAT BOB!

Archived