Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. Much like Brees injury. Big Ben injury. It impacts about 3-4 players on each team. Plenty of scrambling right now. For those down Mahomes....maybe Cousins has figured his stuff out. Just giving options to what might be left on waiver in most leagues. 

The day after the draft, my son was offered a trade by someone wanting Matt Ryan.  I told him no way.  He had a backup that was better than most team's starters and he needed to hang onto him in case something happened to Mahomes.  And, here we are in first place, and having Ryan available in case Mahomes is out a while just may help us stay there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The day after the draft, my son was offered a trade by someone wanting Matt Ryan.  I told him no way.  He had a backup that was better than most team's starters and he needed to hang onto him in case something happened to Mahomes.  And, here we are in first place, and having Ryan available in case Mahomes is out a while just may help us stay there.

Yep. If lucky enough to be in a league where Ryan is your back up.....it works perfectly! In two of my leagues when Mahomes went down Cousins and Brissett were picked up within 5 minutes. Of course I'm offering trades right now because I'm RB weak. 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. If lucky enough to be in a league where Ryan is your back up.....it works perfectly! In two of my leagues when Mahomes went down Cousins and Brissett were picked up within 5 minutes. Of course I'm offering trades right now because I'm RB weak. 

Bad week all around brewing.  Mahomes not only gets hurt, he gets hurt early in the game.  His injury also impacts Kelce.  Amari Cooper likely out on Sunday, and his logical backup, DJ Moore is on a bye.  And, my top player so far this season, Nick Chubb is also on bye.  Starters have been super solid all year.  Bench has been weak, but have not had to use them much.  That's changing this week.  Need Deandre Hopkins to have a huge week to have any chance t make up for the lost points from Mahomes.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Bad week all around brewing.  Mahomes not only gets hurt, he gets hurt early in the game.  His injury also impacts Kelce.  Amari Cooper likely out on Sunday, and his logical backup, DJ Moore is on a bye.  And, my top player so far this season, Nick Chubb is also on bye.  Starters have been super solid all year.  Bench has been weak, but have not had to use them much.  That's changing this week.  Need Deandre Hopkins to have a huge week to have any chance t make up for the lost points from Mahomes.

Bye weeks and injuries starting to mount across most leagues. Navigating those waters is the difference between making playoffs and not. Lots of scrambling this past week. I have Kelce in most leagues. Mahomes injury probably drops his value by 30%. Because of bye I had to start Damien Williams last night. His 1.6 points isn't going to cut it. Don't remember a bigger fantasy bust in recent years. Everyone was hyping him. I might just drop him...been a total waste after 7 weeks.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Bye weeks and injuries starting to mount across most leagues. Navigating those waters is the difference between making playoffs and not. Lots of scrambling this past week. I have Kelce in most leagues. Mahomes injury probably drops his value by 30%. Because of bye I had to start Damien Williams last night. His 1.6 points isn't going to cut it. Don't remember a bigger fantasy bust in recent years. Everyone was hyping him. I might just drop him...been a total waste after 7 weeks.

With Mahomes out, the Chiefs will likely run more.  But, I think McCoy is the one that will benefit.

With Mahomes out, picked up Phillip Rivers to cover Matt Ryan's week 9 bye.  I'm hoping that, even if Kelce does not catch as many passes, he at least gets into the end zone more.  I think Moore will have to lean more heavily on Hill and Kelce, whereas Mahomes was better able to spread it around.

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

With Mahomes out, picked up Phillip Rivers to cover Matt Ryan's week 9 bye.  I'm hoping that, even if Kelce does not catch as many passes, he at least gets into the end zone more.  I think Moore will have to lean more heavily on Hill and Kelce, whereas Mahomes was better able to spread it around.

Speaking of Rivers.  I had him and Cam Newton to start the season.  Somehow I have picked up Prescott and Winston off the waiver wire.  I digress.

I think Moore will do as you say...he will have his favorite guys.  Don't know what to say about Ryan other than I hope he keeps finding Julio and DeVonta.

32 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

Can't decide between Gurley (sounds like he will play) or Allen Robinson at flex (PPR).

Gurley could start and get injured or Robinson will be covered by Lattimore who has been shutting guys down lately. I go Gurley still. 20 touches vs you never know with Bears offense right now.

Me to my son yesterday when we were trying to determine flex.  "You're in a hole because of Mahomes injury.  You need touchdowns.  Your main choices for flex are Darren Waller against the Packers or Golden Tate against the Cardinals.  While Waller may catch more passes, Tate has a better chance to get into the end zone.  You should go with Tate".

My son to me after today's games.  "Dad, you're an idiot."

20 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Me to my son yesterday when we were trying to determine flex.  "You're in a hole because of Mahomes injury.  You need touchdowns.  Your main choices for flex are Darren Waller against the Packers or Golden Tate against the Cardinals.  While Waller may catch more passes, Tate has a better chance to get into the end zone.  You should go with Tate".

My son to me after today's games.  "Dad, you're an idiot."

I resemble that comment 

In one league I had Damien Williams, Kelce, and Butker score a whopping 18 points or so on Thursday so I thought I was cooked. Thanks to Rodgers, Murray (have Kamara but always handcuff stars), and I actually played Chase Edmonds because I had Godwin on bench and I've never trusted Johnson yesterday turned out pretty good. haha.

Now I just have to deal Thielen injury. Fun times are always so short.

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

In one league I had Damien Williams, Kelce, and Butker score a whopping 18 points or so on Thursday so I thought I was cooked. Thanks to Rodgers, Murray (have Kamara but always handcuff stars), and I actually played Chase Edmonds because I had Godwin on bench and I've never trusted Johnson yesterday turned out pretty good. haha.

Now I just have to deal Thielen injury. Fun times are always so short.

Need my opponent to get a mediocre performance from Tom Brady tonight and I could actually pull out a miracle win on a bad week.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Need my opponent to get a mediocre performance from Tom Brady tonight and I could actually pull out a miracle win on a bad week.

Those are the most rewarding sometimes. Bye weeks, injuries,etc....just win baby. Never know with Patriots. I typically avoid their whole operation (except for D). Brady could go off...or I could see him having a solid 23-29 game for 275 yards and 1 rushing TD which isn't great in fantasy. Just never know. I'd expect a heavy amount of run game so good luck!

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a quick note. I doubt he would be available in most leagues in the event he still is. Go get Chase Edmonds now. Cardinals working out Ajayi and Spencer Ware tomorrow. Tells me David Johnson will be shut down.

If he is available do you suggest I drop David Montgomery to pick him up?

4 minutes ago, rico said:

If he is available do you suggest I drop David Montgomery to pick him up?

Haha...in a heartbeat. Nothing against Montgomery but until the Bears offense picks up (if that happens) only player I would touch is Allen Robinson from their team. Here's a fun stat from yesterday. Tarik Cohen had 9 receptions yesterday.....for 19 yards. 19 yards. Mitch can only go horizontal right now because he's so jacked in the brain.

Just now, rico said:

I did before Seeking6 gave me his advice!!!!  And Edmonds was available in my league.

I have a strategy on draft nights depending which way the draft goes. I load up most of the time on receivers and Kelce if I can. Snatch a RB here and there and starting in round 8 or so I start loading up on handcuffs to make up for not drafting elite RB's. Latavius Murray, Chase Edmonds, Jonathan Williams.....have Mattison from Minny too...took advantage of Ekeler earlier.  Requires a little bit more attention but has served me well.

I know the thought of Dolphins offense scares people.....but keep an eye on Mark Walton. They are trending him to their 20 touches back. Bisi Johnson is another name only if in a bind. He'll be the Thielen replacement if he can't go on short rest this Thursday vs Redskins. Only problem there is I could see on short rest the Vikings just running all day long. Good luck!

Down 15 but I have the Patriots' defense tonight. We'll see if they can score big as they have been. Losing Will Fuller early in the 1st quarter killed me. I have started Tyler Boyd all 7 weeks, and gotten one good one out of him. Bailing on him if I can get a quality replacement. Looking at Zach Paschal who seems to be a Brissett favorite. I have played Zach Ertz all 7 weeks, and gotten nothing from him. Clearly Goeddert has taken over as the primary TE in Philly. Would like to replace Ertz, but don't know if there is anything better available. 

28 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Down 15 but I have the Patriots' defense tonight. We'll see if they can score big as they have been. Losing Will Fuller early in the 1st quarter killed me. I have started Tyler Boyd all 7 weeks, and gotten one good one out of him. Bailing on him if I can get a quality replacement. Looking at Zach Paschal who seems to be a Brissett favorite. I have played Zach Ertz all 7 weeks, and gotten nothing from him. Clearly Goeddert has taken over as the primary TE in Philly. Would like to replace Ertz, but don't know if there is anything better available. 

I'm okay if the Pats score 157 points tonight as long as it is all defense or running game.  Need Brady to suck so bad that his balls deflate.

Archived