Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Down 15 but I have the Patriots' defense tonight. We'll see if they can score big as they have been. Losing Will Fuller early in the 1st quarter killed me. I have started Tyler Boyd all 7 weeks, and gotten one good one out of him. Bailing on him if I can get a quality replacement. Looking at Zach Paschal who seems to be a Brissett favorite. I have played Zach Ertz all 7 weeks, and gotten nothing from him. Clearly Goeddert has taken over as the primary TE in Philly. Would like to replace Ertz, but don't know if there is anything better available. 

Hard one because eventually Ertz will get his so you almost have to ride him out. Irv Smith is a name you should be familiar with. Fells if already not on a team. I'll see if I can add some more.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Down 15 but I have the Patriots' defense tonight. We'll see if they can score big as they have been. Losing Will Fuller early in the 1st quarter killed me. I have started Tyler Boyd all 7 weeks, and gotten one good one out of him. Bailing on him if I can get a quality replacement. Looking at Zach Paschal who seems to be a Brissett favorite. I have played Zach Ertz all 7 weeks, and gotten nothing from him. Clearly Goeddert has taken over as the primary TE in Philly. Would like to replace Ertz, but don't know if there is anything better available. 

Just seen this.  I too had Boyd and I dropped him for Pascal.  I also needed help at TE and Ebron was available.

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Survived.  Brady did not do enough.  6-1 on the year.  WooHoo

Same exact boat. I thought I was toast going into tonight. I won by 1 point because Brady didn't put up the points.

I would've made my life easier is I put in a defense. Stupid ESPN and their 'save changes' button. I hate ESPN's fantasy platform. 

Funny that I completely forgot about this thread and I'm the one who started. Everybody doing well?

I'm sitting at first place in both of my leagues - one by complete luck. 

Looks like drafting 3 RBs first in my big money league worked out for me (Chubb, Carson and Fournette). While none of them are outstanding they are pretty consistent. Sure helps that I got Godwin in the 5th though! It's amazing what avoiding injuries does to your team - hope I stay lucky. *knocking on wood. 

41 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Same exact boat. I thought I was toast going into tonight. I won by 1 point because Brady didn't put up the points.

I would've made my life easier is I put in a defense. Stupid ESPN and their 'save changes' button. I hate ESPN's fantasy platform. 

Was cussing up a storm when Brady was still out there in the middle of the 4th quarter in a 33-0 game tossing the ball around like it's 0-0.  One more TD pass from him and I was beat.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Was cussing up a storm when Brady was still out there in the middle of the 4th quarter in a 33-0 game tossing the ball around like it's 0-0.  One more TD pass from him and I was beat.

When in multiple leagues it's amazing the threading the needle we need. I only needed a solid night from Michel to win one....but I was going up against Pats D in another. Just one fg or score is all I needed. Lost by 4.24 points. Of course I had Murray and Edmonds on my bench in that one so have no one to blame buy myself. Edmonds wasn't a starter because most believed DJ was playing. Murray I didn't start because I actually thought the Bears D would sack up. Wrong on both.

Strange year so far for me. 6-1, 4-3, 4-3 and 3-4 are my records and honestly my 3-4 team is my best. Just been hit oddly with injuries, bye weeks,etc....once everyone gets healthy in that league and stays healthy my lineup of Watson, Kamara, Gordon, Godwin, Adam Thielen, Goedert, and flex choices between Edmonds, Murray, McCoy or MVS should be pretty tasty come playoff time. Good luck to all. 

7 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Patriots defense scores me 25 points and secured the win.

Amazing that this defense scores more than almost every other position on my roster on a weekly basis 

Depending on your league and how commissioner sets up.....Pats D has played at or above Mahomes levels all year long almost. Schedule gets a little more difficult down the road. Each league has different playoff start dates but Week 13 at Houston, Week 14 at KC before getting two nice matchups in Weeks 15/16 at Cincy and home with Buffalo for the title. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Still can't believe both of my stud QBs got hurt the same week (Mahomes and Ryan).  Picked up Cousins and he had a fine game last night if winning, not turning it over, and QB rating is all you care about.  But, I needed him to throw a couple of TDs.

I think a very sneaky and good play for folks with QB issues this week is Daniel Jones. Lions secondary was already very easy to throw on....but they traded away their leader this week. I could see Jones having a very strong week for those looking for replacements. 

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I think a very sneaky and good play for folks with QB issues this week is Daniel Jones. Lions secondary was already very easy to throw on....but they traded away their leader this week. I could see Jones having a very strong week for those looking for replacements. 

In hindsight,  probably should have waited and picked someone up that was playing Sunday, just in case Ryan ends up being able to go.  But, my son wanted Cousins, who had been hot, and Washington was an attractive matchup.  

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

In hindsight,  probably should have waited and picked someone up that was playing Sunday, just in case Ryan ends up being able to go.  But, my son wanted Cousins, who had been hot, and Washington was an attractive matchup.  

Cousins was a very, very good play. No harm there. Just didn't do much. Funny part is Jacoby is getting picked up quickly in a few leagues I'm in because people have byes, injuries, uncertainty or just bad matchups. Funny how it works. 

Wow. Go out for a few beers on a Saturday and come back to all these injury updates for fantasy. No Kamara, Johnson......Brees to start and sounds like Keenan Allen will be a no go. Josh Jacobs going to go but have a backup plan just in case.

If on the fence with players just a quick note. High winds and some rain expected in Eagles/Bills game today. Jets at Jags will deal with Tropical Storm Olga leftovers. Plenty of rain for Browns at Patriots too.

Good luck to all!

Archived