Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Great watching football again for sure. I was destroyed in all leagues. Thomas, Godwin, Brees and a couple others got me about a combined 20 points. Haha. Ran into a guy who started Allen and also started Hines??? I get having Hines on a team but starting him this week?

Only week 1. Going to give it a few weeks to see how things play out. Didn't like seeing Joshua Kelley get the ball inside the 20 more instead of Ekeler. Expected far more from Brees/Thomas. Probably will take a couple real speed games for Brady/Godwin to get on same page.

Initial impressions for this week waiver wire. Hines if he isn't already on team. Gore because of Bell injury. Adrian Peterson, and Scottie Miller. 

Judging from the last game, it looks like Scottie Miller is the new Wes Welker.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Most of the waiver options above are taken in my league. I have Russell Gage as my number one priority. 12 targets and 9 receptions. I'm always a sucker for high target numbers. 

Love me some targets too. That's all you can ask for. He's definitely on my radar as well. One more concern for me in one league was Chark Jr yesterday. Got the TD but he had 2 other WR's get more targets. Not a great sign...again will give it time but lots of head scratching yesterday with 3-4 of my core guys.

I had the all underachieving team this week.  I've got Barkley, Bell, DJ Moore, AJ Green, Kittle, Darius Leonard, Keanu Neal, and Roquon Smith.  My RBs combined for 20 rushing yards (seriously! 20 freaking yards!) nobody had a touchdown rushing or receiving, nobody with more than 60 receiving yards, and none of my defensive guys got 10 tackles, or anything other counting stats.

Thankfully I have Wilson and Murray at QB, but the Thielen garbage time TD and 2 pt conversion might cost me.  I need AJ Brown to get at least 17.2 points.  Going to come down to the wire.

I love my team, so hopefully there are a lot better weeks ahead.

It’s official. My bench with no QB and an injury outscored my starting positional players. 

this may be a blessing in disguise because I’m still confident in my team and am 2nd on waivers. Priority 1 is snell and priority 2 is Gage. Should I be considering anybody else?  

if I get Snell, I’m feeling really good. 

0FEE1E7D-BC76-4B59-B79D-D492792C0699.jpeg

C1701F2E-A720-4802-9710-7904D173E82E.jpeg

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Just got done walking and saw the tweets. Sanders is looking pretty tasty right now. And not the Colonel type.

Waiver claim for Sanders already made here.  Also made a claim on another receiver as well since Golladay is questionable.  My big 3 WR strategy has officially been a disaster so far.  Combined with Fournette going from being an every down back to barely playing and I'm relying on a lot of unproven players, and it's just Week 2.  

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Waiver claim for Sanders already made here.  Also made a claim on another receiver as well since Golladay is questionable.  My big 3 WR strategy has officially been a disaster so far.  Combined with Fournette going from being an every down back to barely playing and I'm relying on a lot of unproven players, and it's just Week 2.  

This is what makes it fun. If available go get Diontae Johnson, Russell Gage...most leagues have Sanders gone. Assuming if you had MT this past week you probably lost so that means we have to flip for a few weeks and get Malcolm Brown if available. I'm flipping in one league and going Mark Andrews as TE and Dallas Goedert as Flex until I can figure things out. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

This is what makes it fun. If available go get Diontae Johnson, Russell Gage...most leagues have Sanders gone. Assuming if you had MT this past week you probably lost so that means we have to flip for a few weeks and get Malcolm Brown if available. I'm flipping in one league and going Mark Andrews as TE and Dallas Goedert as Flex until I can figure things out. 

Gage had a very good Week 1, but will he always get that many targets with Julio and Ridley.

Solid week for me overall. 2 money leagues, went 1-1 in those. 

In my biggest league, dynasty 12 team ppr, Davante Adams and Julio combined to get 66.3 for me. It's a head-to-head league online, but the winners and where the money goes at the end of the year is based off the total points standings. I scored 153.3 week one, second highest in the league, so good start there. One cool thing about this league is the person with the highest point total that week gets a free pizza from a local place here, which the league is named after, so that's a nice bonus.

Liking my team in that league.. First year that it's a dynasty. Usually am a RB heavy guy but my RB's aren't great - Love my receivers, though. Adams, Julio, DK, Jarvis, CeeDee Lamb. RB's are Melvin, Le'Veon, David Montgomery, and Leonard Fournette. I never liked Melvin/Le'Veon going into this year but they were really my only options at the spot I was in.. Do like Montgomery, though, and he's young. We'll see on Fournette..

Gonna be a fun year, though, and it's awesome that football is back, we all needed it!

Trying to figure out my WR/flex position for this week. My WR are Golladay, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, AJ Green, and Emmanuel Sanders. Or I could go with Noah Fant too.

If I knew Golladay was going to play, it would be a lot easier, but I don't know if I should hold of on playing Green tonight in hopes that Golladay will play. Then if he doesn't play I can put in Sanders. Burrow seemed to really look to Green a lot though, so I could see them being a good combo.

44 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Trying to figure out my WR/flex position for this week. My WR are Golladay, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, AJ Green, and Emmanuel Sanders. Or I could go with Noah Fant too.

If I knew Golladay was going to play, it would be a lot easier, but I don't know if I should hold of on playing Green tonight in hopes that Golladay will play. Then if he doesn't play I can put in Sanders. Burrow seemed to really look to Green a lot though, so I could see them being a good combo.

Tough one for sure. I typically try to stay away from Thursday night games if I can except for DST. Sanders/Trequan Smith will see uptick in targets. Tannehill won't miss AJ Brown again this week although Brown has a knee issue. I have DJ Moore in one league and I'd like to think he'll bounce back as well.

To answer your question I'd probably still roll with Green. Just so hard to sit a superstar. 

I'm in a mess at WR. Thomas down and now Godwin. Going to be a week of scrambling.

37 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

A good tip I learned is never put a Thursday night player in the flex spot.

The player you should play in the flex spot is the one that plays the latest: Monday or Sunday night. Or Sunday afternoon. Simply because this gives you more options in the case one of your projected starters sits unexpectedly. I know this doesn’t solve your problem with playing Green or not, but if you do, make sure you put him in the WR slot and not the flex. This has saved me from getting burned at the last minute a few times. 

9 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

The player you should play in the flex spot is the one that plays the latest: Monday or Sunday night. Or Sunday afternoon. Simply because this gives you more options in the case one of your projected starters sits unexpectedly. I know this doesn’t solve your problem with playing Green or not, but if you do, make sure you put him in the WR slot and not the flex. This has saved me from getting burned at the last minute a few times. 

That is really good advice.

I learned that from the fantasy baseball league I'm in. As soon as I see someone in the utility spot is starting, I move them to their position to give more flexibility. Got burned too many times on that one.

18 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Thanks for adding this. So many people think it's luck in fantasy. There are little things like this that are often overlooked. 

23 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Russell Wilson against New England or Aaron Rodgers vs. Detroit?

That's a good problem! I'd probably go Rodgers but either way good to go! I'm dealing with Tannehill and AJ Brown probably not playing or Jimmy G vs the Jets when they'll get up early and run the game away.

I have lost my first pick M Thomas for at least 3 weeks.

Last week, he and Chubb scored me a whopping 7.7 points.

Tyler Lockett didn’t produce either.

This week, my options to replace Thomas are P Campbell, T Boyd or Valdez-Scandling. As of right now, going with Campbell for now 

RB my choices are Chubb, C Carson or Fournette.

Flex is between Fournette and S Diggs 

TE taking Goedert over H Henry 

Lost last week so don’t want to go 0-2. My opponent last week scored 164 points in a non PPR league. Regardless of what my guys did or didn’t do, I had no chance 

Archived