Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Now for this good news. For those of us who handcuff Dalvin Cook every single year....we were all excited to plug Mattison in this week. Falcons shut down facilities this morning. No clue on game status. You have to be kidding me. 

I have Thielen.  I also have a roster decimated by injuries.  If needed, with Thomas already on bye, will be to play Tee Higgins.

Let's see.  Rookie receiver with a rookie QB throwing to him against the stout Colts defense.

or

Adam Thielen against the Falcons.  

Anyone prefer the first option, because I don't.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I have Thielen.  I also have a roster decimated by injuries.  If needed, with Thomas already on bye, will be to play Tee Higgins.

Let's see.  Rookie receiver with a rookie QB throwing to him against the stout Colts defense.

or

Adam Thielen against the Falcons.  

Anyone prefer the first option, because I don't.

So far it sounds like some of the information Schefter tweeted out is wrong. I think you'll be good to go for Thielen. I wouldn't touch anyone on Bengals this week. I'm loading up on Colts D across the boards.

So......

Possibly no Colts Defense (I have no backup D0.

Possibly no Jonathan Taylor (He's one of my starting RBs)

Possibly no Tee Higgins (Is on the bench, but possible flex to cover other iffy situations)

No Thomas, Chubb, Wilson, or Kelley. 

Fournette and J. Brown are questionable.

Those numbers don't add up to a full team.

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

So......

Possibly no Tee Higgins (Is on the bench, but possible flex to cover other iffy situations)

Not looking good my friend. This is the week I expect and need big numbers from Jonathan Taylor especially since Kamara is on the bye. I have too many really good receivers and trying to figure out who to start has been my Achilles 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

So......

I am in the same boat, between injuries, byes, and now potential covid shutdowns. If they push the Colts game back a week as discussed, I will be short 3 players with no active players on my roster. 

So, do you just bail on a game or do you pick up players from waivers? Doing the latter would require me to get rid of some guys I really don't want to, for the long run. 

As commissioner of my league, I made the decision to add 3 extra roster spots for each team to help manage through situations like this. Finding that even 3 extra is not enough in some cases, and the unintended consequence is that there is very little to choose from on waiver wire.

SO, I'm playing both Devonta Freeman and Antonio Gibson because of injuries, byes, etc.  Both have sucky days, butt Washington scores a late TD all they need is an extra point to force OT.   So, I'm thinking OT.  Okay.  A chance for bonus points from both those guys.

What does Washington do?  They go for two!!!!!! And, fail.

You can't make this sheet up for my fantasy team this year.

Going to win my second straight in my biggest league to get it back to 3-3.

Total points is more important than head-to-head in the league. I was last place in points through 5 weeks, and along with the win my team exploded for a much needed 173.1 points which will put me around the middle of the pack in total points. Team’s finally getting healthy.

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

Total points is more important than head-to-head in the league. I was last place in points through 5 weeks, and along with the win my team exploded for a much needed 173.1 points which will put me around the middle of the pack in total points. Team’s finally getting healthy.

Your team or Henry?

9 minutes ago, KDB said:

That's the thing. I don't handle losing well but can handle it as long as all guys are healthy. Next week should be first week I'll be able to deploy Michael Thomas, Godwin, Goedert (if he's activated from IR) since week 1. Get those guys going and get Ekeler back by week 8 or 9....might have a chance to make a run later this year.

Kelce and Dalton need to score big for me tonight.

After Prescott was injured I'm hoping that Dalton was the right guy to plug in. He's a great back up, still has the line and still has the weapons. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll still be a top 10 QB (pointswise). Wishful thinking? 

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

After Prescott was injured I'm hoping that Dalton was the right guy to plug in. He's a great back up, still has the line and still has the weapons. I'm crossing my fingers that he'll still be a top 10 QB (pointswise). Wishful thinking? 

I think Kelce will have a big night. Dalton I think will deliver in time maybe just not right away....but with expanded rosters in many leagues this year the choices are slim in 12 team leagues. I had to roll Cousins out yesterday. After the first half I was in shock how bad he played. Luckily he saved me in 2nd.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think Kelce will have a big night. Dalton I think will deliver in time maybe just not right away....but with expanded rosters in many leagues this year the choices are slim in 12 team leagues. I had to roll Cousins out yesterday. After the first half I was in shock how bad he played. Luckily he saved me in 2nd.

I prioritized him over Fitzpatrick on last week's waivers. It was a gut feeling; hope I made the right decision.

48 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

He won't put up Prescott numbers, but he should deliver consistent production.  

Archived