Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My great GM skills are showing again. My bench killed it this week. I luckily played a guy whose team stunk this week. Next week I have 7 players on their bye week. Great job of structuring my team

I am hurting this week as well.  Play the guy that is 1st in my league.

Plenty of eyes on Philly this week in waiver wire action. Assuming most are already on rosters but if not Boston Scott, Travis Fulgham, and Goedert comes off the IR. 

Other claims could be McKinnon in SF....Minshew might be a one week play going up against bad Chargers secondary....Gio Bernard if Mixon injury is serious. Tim Patrick at WR seems to be on same page with Lock and could be in line for garbage time yards vs Chiefs.

7 hours ago, HoosierDom said:

What are people thinking about Antonio Brown? I added him in both my leagues - could be a game changer.

I've got so much depth at my WR position because of the weekly drama that is Thomas and Godwin....I can't afford to get him. I think he's worth a flier  in deep bench leagues....but with injuries and bye week replacements I'm not doing anything with him yet.

I'm in an odd position in my 10 team league. There are 5 teams at 4-2, and I'm in 7th at 3-3, a couple points behind another 3-3 team. 2 teams are 2-4 and one team is 0-6. The top 3 teams are at least 100 points ahead of everybody else.

I'm just not putting it together this year. Between injuries and lackluster play from a couple guys, I just don't have a lot of faith in my team.

I'm giving it one more week to see how things go, but I'm getting really close to trading away a few guys for some future picks. I can't stand finishing in that pack from 7th-4th.  Maybe that's the Bears fan in me coming out! Unloaded Rivers today for a 2nd and 3rd round pick to some sucker. With Wilson and Murray I didn't really need him.

I won our first season (last year), and if a team wins 3 times in 5 years, we redraft, so I don’t mind a throw away year if it turns into that.

Carson Wentz must be more interested in the Toobin route tonight. 27 targets to Fulgham over last 3 games and basically nothing? These are the games where Carson has a chance regardless of injuries to build things up again and so far? Looks like Blake Bortles. Apologies to our brother on here that's a Philly fan but good Lord. 

Add hamstring issues to Michael Thomas's injury status.  Looks like Sunday is now up in the air yet again.  I'm sure he'll be great for the last 4 weeks of the season for the fantasy playoffs.  Unfortunately, I won't be in the playoffs the way things are going Mike.  I need your points now.

Michael Thomas officially out for Sunday.

This is my bench for this weekend.  If anyone else gets injured, I wonder if they will let me play Rodgers out of position.

Available

A. Rodgers

Out

M. Thomas

J. Brown

N. Chubb

Bye

Colts D

J. Taylor

A. Thielen

Bye

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Michael Thomas officially out for Sunday.

This is my bench for this weekend.  If anyone else gets injured, I wonder if they will let me play Rodgers out of position.

Available

A. Rodgers

Out

M. Thomas

J. Brown

N. Chubb

Bye

Colts D

J. Taylor

A. Thielen

Bye

Similar boat. Besides Thomas and Godwin...I have Brees as my starter. No clue what to do because I'm assuming heavy hand of Kamara/Murray. Maybe Trequan Smith is worth a try this week? Rumors of Aaron Jones being out. My lineup this week will now consist of Gibson, Gio, Murray....just as I planned on draft night. 

I am in the same predicament due to injuries and byes.

Last week, I cobbled together a backfield of Gaskin and Burkhead. Fortunately won, then dropped Rex.

I have Carson back, and Gaskin is on bye. Have to choose between Fournette, L Bell and Gio for my other back. Fournette has the best matchup but with Mixon out, Gio should get the most reps.

And like others, my first two picks in the draft this year, Thomas and Chubb, are unavailable 

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I am in the same predicament due to injuries and byes.

Last week, I cobbled together a backfield of Gaskin and Burkhead. Fortunately won, then dropped Rex.

I have Carson back, and Gaskin is on bye. Have to choose between Fournette, L Bell and Gio for my other back. Fournette has the best matchup but with Mixon out, Gio should get the most reps.

And like others, my first two picks in the draft this year, Thomas and Chubb, are unavailable 

I snatched up Gio earlier in the week. Zero data to back this up but it always seems like when Mixon is out he thrives!

Archived