Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

those were my first two picks in the draft this year.

My first and third picks.  I have yet to be able to put my projected starting lineup on the field, because Golladay missed Week 1, when Thomas actually played.  Now that Thomas is about ready to return, Golladay is hurt again.

Question for the board. Brandon Aiyuk has been running up some nice numbers. Now with all of the injuries in SF you'd think he's an auto start....but Jaire Alexander will be covering  him and held Thielen and Jefferson to 6 total catches for 65 yards last week....guarding both on different looks. Play Aiyuk tomorrow? I have MT, Godwin and I expect the first to play. 

Same question for other league where I have MT, Godwin....but also have DJ Moore, Devante Parker, Christian Kirk to choose from instead of Aiyuk.

15 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Question for the board. Brandon Aiyuk has been running up some nice numbers. Now with all of the injuries in SF you'd think he's an auto start....but Jaire Alexander will be covering  him and held Thielen and Jefferson to 6 total catches for 65 yards last week....guarding both on different looks. Play Aiyuk tomorrow? I have MT, Godwin and I expect the first to play. 

Same question for other league where I have MT, Godwin....but also have DJ Moore, Devante Parker, Christian Kirk to choose from instead of Aiyuk.

Jimmy G not playing tomorrow. Not sure if that’s a positive or negative. Mister, Coleman, Wilson all hurt. Not sure who is going to run the ball. Little out, so that allows defense to focus more on WRs. In your second league I would definitely play Kirk, as Moore up against a very good KC defense and don’t think Tua is gonna be that much better than last week.

2 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Jimmy G not playing tomorrow. Not sure if that’s a positive or negative. Mister, Coleman, Wilson all hurt. Not sure who is going to run the ball. Little out, so that allows defense to focus more on WRs. In your second league I would definitely play Kirk, as Moore up against a very good KC defense and don’t think Tua is gonna be that much better than last week.

Thanks! DJ Moore has been a concern. For the most part successful but Teddy leaves him out of the game for so long I feel like it's a risk, the same way playing Aiyuk tomorrow is a risk. Kirk feels better even though he's projected by 5-7 points less.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Thanks! DJ Moore has been a concern. For the most part successful but Teddy leaves him out of the game for so long I feel like it's a risk, the same way playing Aiyuk tomorrow is a risk. Kirk feels better even though he's projected by 5-7 points less.

I have been burned by “projections “ too many times to count. I have learned to go by my gut feeling and have found that I know as much as the so-called experts do.

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have been burned by “projections “ too many times to count. I have learned to go by my gut feeling and have found that I know as much as the so-called experts do.

Pretty much the same but is a number that has to be factored in. I'm looking at Kirk and Dolphins secondary isn't bad...guess I have 24 hours to figure it out! Haha

19 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Factor in who is throwing the passes. 

Murray is good. Niner’s back-up is okay. Tua is playing his second game ever 

Yep...and Kirk's 15 catches in 4 games in a Full Point PPR league is still a consideration. His TD frenzy has to end at some point right? 

6 hours ago, rico said:

Saw my league waiver wire this morning and was surprised that someone had cut the Indy "D" loose.  I swallowed them up.

They  have a couple games coming up where there might be better plays week to week but they have a couple matchups vs Texans in week 13 and 15 I believe that could help in fantasy playoffs. What a steal! 

5 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Someone had put the Steelers' defense on waivers last week, and I was the only one to notice and was able to pick them up.

Wow. Same as I said to Rico....what a steal! Cowboys, Bengals, Jaguars coming up along with matchup vs Washington later? Just stole 4 starts and you don't have to worry about it.

Need contingency plan in case M. Thomas is a late scratch tomorrow night.  I have him slotted in the Flex spot to increase my options.

Options currently on my bench:

• jonathan Taylor
  • Joshua Kelley

Teams available for a late scratch reaplcement

• New Orleans
  • New England
  • New York Jets
  • Tampa Bay (not a good option as I already have Fournette in at RB)

Thoughts?

22 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Need contingency plan in case M. Thomas is a late scratch tomorrow night.  I have him slotted in the Flex spot to increase my options.

• jonathan Taylor
  • Joshua Kelley

• New Orleans
  • New England
  • New York Jets

Thoughts?

I go with Kelley...and hopefully he is utilized in the passing attack.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

• jonathan Taylor
  • Joshua Kelley

• New Orleans
  • New England
  • New York Jets

Thoughts?

Check and see if Deejay Dallas is available. He is going to start again for Seattle with Carson, Hyde and Homer all out. He had a big day last Sunday and the matchup v Buffalo is a good one for the Seahawks 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Check and see if Deejay Dallas is available. He is going to start again for Seattle with Carson, Hyde and Homer all out. He had a big day last Sunday and the matchup v Buffalo is a good one for the Seahawks 

He is available, at least he was earlier this morning.  Two things that cause me to hesitate with that.  #1 is Russ is my QB, so I'm wanting TD passes, or Russ to get the TD runs.  The other is that it is a 1 o'clock game.  M. Thomas plays the Sunday night game.  I can't justify sitting Thomas if there is still a chance he plays.

33 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He is available, at least he was earlier this morning.  Two things that cause me to hesitate with that.  #1 is Russ is my QB, so I'm wanting TD passes, or Russ to get the TD runs.  The other is that it is a 1 o'clock game.  M. Thomas plays the Sunday night game.  I can't justify sitting Thomas if there is still a chance he plays.

Similar scenario for us MT owners. I hear he's playing but I guess we never know. I like the Deejay play but with time difference I'd go Kelley and hope he listens to his coach who said he's running timid and gets going because Ekeler coming back soon. This might be his last chance.

Season high in points in all leagues and not one win to show for it. Have to play Thomas/Godwin when they returned but got 13 points total from both. Can't catch a break at all. In one league I go against Allen/Tyreek and in another it's Kyler Murray/Tyreek,etc....

I've never missed the playoffs in either league dating back 20 years. Unless something changes chalk this up to the mess that is 2020. Haha.

Archived