Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

For the second time this year I lose due to playing the wrong quarterback. 

Herbert did fine, scoring 23 + points, but did not match what Josh Allen did. As well, Thomas, Fournette and Lockett all came up short.

Oh well, 6-3 and on to next week.

Given the year and injuries....I'd take 6-3 all day long right now. Waiver wire (at least in my leagues) is very, very slim now but with Falcons, Chiefs, Cowboys on bye there will be plenty of people scrambling to fill out lineup.

First glance at waiver wire nice additions would be Jakobi Meyers....maybe a flier on Ballage if injuries cause others to remain out this week. Same for Duke Johnson if David Johnson is out. Richie James is an option but again if others return to 49ers lineup his value goes way down. 

Good luck to all this week! Teams with winning records can start eyeing those playoff matchups in week 14 and on. Never know when to start stashing IR guys or DST with great matchups down the road.

2 hours ago, rico said:

The Falcons and Chiefs being on a bye are hurting me...but I am riding that Dalvin Cook train.

The 2 guys ahead of me keep dodging bullets.  The guy last week I played has Mahomes and Kelcie and this week he plays the guy with 0 wins and I play my son this week with his whole team available last week he beat the worse team with half his team on bye. If the schedule would have flipped those 2 games I coukd be tied for 1st. So close but so far away

6 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

The 2 guys ahead of me keep dodging bullets.  The guy last week I played has Mahomes and Kelcie and this week he plays the guy with 0 wins and I play my son this week with his whole team available last week he beat the worse team with half his team on bye. If the schedule would have flipped those 2 games I coukd be tied for 1st. So close but so far away

Trust me. I've been in that washing machine for like 4 weeks. Besides my injuries....I seem to be the only guy in our league who keeps facing the guys that either go off or I face Williams when Jones was out....or this week when CMC returned.

I have 1101 points scored against and me and our leader has 830+ scored against him. 270+ points over 9 weeks is just brutal. 

19 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Chubb or Thielen at flex?  Full PPR.

That’s a tough one as Thielen has not done much the last few weeks and I don’t like their matchup against Bears’ defense. I think that will be a low scoring game, and Cousin’s woes on MNF are legendary.

Chubbs will be seeing first action in quite awhile and should have fresh legs, but I wonder if they will have him ona play count.

Still, I like Chubbs better 

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

That’s a tough one as Thielen has not done much the last few weeks and I don’t like their matchup against Bears’ defense. I think that will be a low scoring game, and Cousin’s woes on MNF are legendary.

Chubbs will be seeing first action in quite awhile and should have fresh legs, but I wonder if they will have him ona play count.

Still, I like Chubbs better 

Leaning towards Chubb, but just wanted confirmation that it wasn't a totally stupid one.  I've made some dumb ones this year.

4 hours ago, rico said:

So do I start Montgomery this week?  Ya know  since the Bears are running a new, potent offense(per sources).

Who are your other options?

Normally, unless it means you would have to leave the position vacated, I would not play Montgomery.

9 hours ago, rico said:

So do I start Montgomery this week?  Ya know  since the Bears are running a new, potent offense(per sources).

He's been ruled out for concussion reasons. Even if healthy I'd find another option. Last minute guy who should be available is Kalen Ballage. Chargers backs are all hurt. Revenge game for him,etc....might be able to plug him in and get some points.

12 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I have come to the conclusion that the so-called fantasy experts don’t know anything more than I do.

My receivers, Thomas and Lockett, gave me 10 points. Add the 3 each from Fournette and Goedert and I have no chance to win.

If I weren’t the commissioner of my league, I’d almost consider bailing on the rest of the season 

I've never had a year like this year. I won't white flag it yet but I messed up on draft night. In one league alone it was Thomas, Godwin, Ekeler, Brees late...and not just the players. Yesterday was perfect example. Bernard gets to the two and my opponent gets the TD with Higgins. Godwin gets Bucs down the field....Gronk gets the TD. 

Not to mention in another league that Murray to Hopkins was worth 17.8 points (bonuses for yards) and now I need 17 points from Thielen tonight to win that league. Every corner this year I'm running into problems. Haha

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've never had a year like this year. I won't white flag it yet but I messed up on draft night. In one league alone it was Thomas, Godwin, Ekeler, Brees late...and not just the players. Yesterday was perfect example. Bernard gets to the two and my opponent gets the TD with Higgins. Godwin gets Bucs down the field....Gronk gets the TD. 

Not to mention in another league that Murray to Hopkins was worth 17.8 points (bonuses for yards) and now I need 17 points from Thielen tonight to win that league. Every corner this year I'm running into problems. Haha

In the fourth quarter of the Browns-Texans game, Nick Chubb ran for 59 yards, and rather than run into the end zone for a touchdown, he purposefully stepped out of bounds on the 1 yard line so as not to give the Texans the ball back. Keep in mind that this would have put the Browns up by 10 with little time left in the game.

I ended losing my game this week by 3 points......

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In the fourth quarter of the Browns-Texans game, Nick Chubb ran for 59 yards, and rather than run into the end zone for a touchdown, he purposefully stepped out of bounds on the 1 yard line so as not to give the Texans the ball back. Keep in mind that this would have put the Browns up by 10 with little time left in the game.

Exactly. I'm running into stuff like this all year. The week that Gurley didn't want to score but did....I lost by 4.2. Driving me crazy this year!!

11 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

I thouhht that was going to come back and haunt me as well.  My opponent got huge first halves from several players in the 4 o'clock games and was projected to win.  I thought I was okay until Thomas starting laying his turd.  Thankfully, his late game players tailed off big time in the second half and I ended up winning by 8.

How's this scenario for my 2020 fantasy year. Because of injuries to MT and Godwin all year I had to stockpile other players, make trades,etc...

I have Gibson/Davis going as my backs but here's where it gets tricky. I also have Damien Harris who has a great matchup. I also have DJ Moore, Christian Kirk....again with great matchups. I'm seriously contemplating benching Godwin vs a stout Rams secondary and have Kirk go tonight.

I'm all ears for suggestions. I have to take advantage of 60's in Indy today and hit the yard but will catch up on replies later. Really not sure who to play. 

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

How's this scenario for my 2020 fantasy year. Because of injuries to MT and Godwin all year I had to stockpile other players, make trades,etc...

I have Gibson/Davis going as my backs but here's where it gets tricky. I also have Damien Harris who has a great matchup. I also have DJ Moore, Christian Kirk....again with great matchups. I'm seriously contemplating benching Godwin vs a stout Rams secondary and have Kirk go tonight.

I'm all ears for suggestions. I have to take advantage of 60's in Indy today and hit the yard but will catch up on replies later. Really not sure who to play. 

Don't ask me, I am sitting at 5-5.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding Moore, if Bridgewater can't play that would be a no go for me. Rams are good, but Bucs have so many weapons that the opposing defenses have to pick their poison as far as who to defend with their best DB's. That being said, I think that tonight's game will be a shootout (hoping so as I have Lockett)  and Kirk probably is the best option.

Archived