Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Regarding Moore, if Bridgewater can't play that would be a no go for me. Rams are good, but Bucs have so many weapons that the opposing defenses have to pick their poison as far as who to defend with their best DB's. That being said, I think that tonight's game will be a shootout (hoping so as I have Lockett)  and Kirk probably is the best option.

Wow. Thanks for the reminder. How did I forget Bridewater injury. Thank you very much! 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I’m starting both Edmonds and Drake tonight. Am I crazy? I also have Kyler Murray. 

Depends on other options but every once in awhile I just buy a position on a team and do the same. Edmonds looked strong in return but going to be a ton of yards/points. If you don't have anyone else as options I could see doing this strategy. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

you're welcome....he got hurt right at the end of that game and I don't have a clear picture as to whether he can play or not

I just put into twitter and sounds very unlikely. I had my Fanduel lineup all set with Moore too....now I have to go back and change everything but definitely taking Moore out in previous scenario. Going to roll with Godwin on MOnday night or Damien Harris Sunday now. 

39 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Depends on other options but every once in awhile I just buy a position on a team and do the same. Edmonds looked strong in return but going to be a ton of yards/points. If you don't have anyone else as options I could see doing this strategy. 

It sucks because I have CMC and he was out for so long, came back for a game, and is now going to miss a second in a row. It’s either Drake/Edmonds or Duke Johnson and/or Fournette. CMC getting hurt again is hurting. 

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

It sucks because I have CMC and he was out for so long, came back for a game, and is now going to miss a second in a row. It’s either Drake/Edmonds or Duke Johnson and/or Fournette. CMC getting hurt again is hurting. 

Ballage on waivers still? Probably not. If no...out of those choices I'd roll with both Arizona guys and just hope Chase can get into the endzone once. I could see Duke because of volume alone. Good luck! 

Taysom Hill starting at QB for Saints on Sunday.  He's listed at TE in ESPN leagues, so my son snatched him up.  Should score more for us than Mike Gesicki.  It hurt Michael Thomas' value though.  I was wanting to bench him even before this, but by son was reluctant.  This changed his mind and we have Thielen and T. Higgins starting at WR now.

18 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Taysom Hill starting at QB for Saints on Sunday.  He's listed at TE in ESPN leagues, so my son snatched him up.  Should score more for us than Mike Gesicki.  It hurt Michael Thomas' value though.  I was wanting to bench him even before this, but by son was reluctant.  This changed his mind and we have Thielen and T. Higgins starting at WR now.

Just took your advice and picked up Hill and have him as TE. Thank you. Had to release Amari Cooper to get him but well worth it.

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just took your advice and picked up Hill and have him as TE. Thank you. Had to release Amari Cooper to get him but well worth it.

We released Jonathan Taylor.  To me, Hill immediately becomes the 2nd most valuable TE to have behind Kelce.  Improved our projected total by about 10 points over Gesicki.

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

My league already slated him as qb.  Don't get your hopes up for that trick to stick.  

I'm 1-9 on the season.  So, if they pull the plug, it's no big deal.  As of right now, he is listed as both TE and QB.  I would think I'll get to use him that way for at least 1 week.  

7 minutes ago, rico said:

1-9?  WTF?

It's my son's team.  I just help him manage it.  He came to me 45 minutes before the draft to tell me that the draft was occurring in 45 minutes.  And, I was on a conference call for work at the time.  That's the lead time we had to plan and put together a team.  And, then 2 of our first 3 picks were Michael Thomas and Nick Chubb. Solid picks you would think.

In any event, I put most of the blame on the lack of draft preparation. Last year, with ample preparation time, we won the regular season by 3 games.   

34 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

It's my son's team.  I just help him manage it.  He came to me 45 minutes before the draft to tell me that the draft was occurring in 45 minutes.  And, I was on a conference call for work at the time.  That's the lead time we had to plan and put together a team.  And, then 2 of our first 3 picks were Michael Thomas and Nick Chubb. Solid picks you would think.

In any event, I put most of the blame on the lack of draft preparation. Last year, with ample preparation time, we won the regular season by 3 games.   

BLAH, BLAH, BLAH!

I used the auto draft and I am sitting at 5-5.

Davante Adams is one to watch as he did not practice yesterday, and Packers are notoriously conservative in keeping players out if there's even a hint of a problem.

I don't have him on my team, but hope like heck for the Colts' sake that he sits this week.

I also have Michael Thomas and was hoping Winston would get the start, as the likelihood of a downfield passing game was higher v the dink and dunk that is Brees these days.

Helaire-Edwards and Williams of Chief's backfield also missed practice with illness. Gonna watch that situation closely as it may finally provide an opportunity for L Bell to carry the load.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Glad to see people getting him. Only Kelce would be a TE play over Hill. Absolute no brainer across all formats to get him in at TE. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm 1-9 on the season.  So, if they pull the plug, it's no big deal.  As of right now, he is listed as both TE and QB.  I would think I'll get to use him that way for at least 1 week.  

He will be for at least a week. If not more. It's like in fantasy baseball a couple years ago. The Cubs shifted so much that Rizzo was eventually classified a second baseman....use it while you can!

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Good luck to everyone today! Usual headaches for me with MT and Godwin. Have to play them but don't want to start either.

Waiting for Bridgewater news shortly because of DJ Moore. Fun times on a Sunday morning!

Not starting Thomas.  I have other options that are consistently outplaying him.  And, with Hill at QB, and in my lineup at TE,  I just don't see a large upside with Thomas, 

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Not starting Thomas.  I have other options that are consistently outplaying him.  And, with Hill at QB, and in my lineup at TE,  I just don't see a large upside with Thomas, 

Struggling. I was burned by Fulgham last week. I have Damien Harris to plug in. Have DJ Moore but without Teddy Panthers will probably lean on Davis..... but I'm going down with the ship that is named USS Michael Thomas Titanic this year because the second I bench him he goes for 10 120 and a TD. 

It is hard figuring out which WR will have a connection with a new QB.  Sometimes a receiver can be better with a backup because they will turn into their safety valve.  I wonder if that will be the case with DJ Moore.  With Bridgewater at QB, 5 of his 10 games this year were less than 10 points.  It might be a blessing for him.  But now that I've said it, he'll probably have 1 catch for 8 yards.

Archived