Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

I'm pretty excited going into today.  I have the 1st and 2nd round picks for another team, and he has basically quit on the season.  He currently has three guys in his lineup who are out, and he didn't change it last week either.  He's currently 7th out of 10, but after this week there's a good chance he'll be 9th.  Getting to choose from all but 1 of Etienne, Lawrence, Harris, and Chase doesn't sound too bad.  I've moved to trying to tank, so my own pick might be in that top 4.  I'd love to be able to add 2 of those 4 guys.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of my leagues here's my season in a nutshell. Because of matchups/injuries I had DJ Moore, Ryan Tannehill, Mark Andrews, and Melvin Gordon on my bench yesterday. All had their highest (or right at) totals of the year. I'm zig and zagging so much I'm all jacked up in the brain!

17 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Thanks to @5fouls I picked up Taysom Hill and got 24 pts from my TE, but needed every point from my other T Hill to get a 4 pt victory. 

I was amazed he was at only a 68% clip in Fanduel yesterday. With the exception of Kelce....Hill should be plugged into every single TE lineup in America. Biggest no brainer of all time until he officially gets dubbed a QB.

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I was amazed he was at only a 68% clip in Fanduel yesterday. With the exception of Kelce....Hill should be plugged into every single TE lineup in America. Biggest no brainer of all time until he officially gets dubbed a QB.

Not sure how they can change it. He was drafted as TE. I am sure they will change it

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

Not sure how they can change it. He was drafted as TE. I am sure they will change it

I think it has something to do with number of plays at a position and which site people use. ESPN he's a TE but others don't. Reminds me of Marques Colston's rookie season....he was a TE for Saints too! Haha.

Just made a trade in my biggest league. It's a dynasty, 12 team, ppr league.

Earlier in the year, I had been trying to package Julio and Melvin for in particular a stud RB1 and solid WR2/3.

I couldn't find anything, and I tried for a loooooong while to get something out of that.

Well, I offered Julio and Fournette for Miles Sanders and Brandin Cooks the other day.. Thought there was a very little chance it was going to happen due to how young Sanders is compared to Julio. The guy countered it and offered Sanders and Cooks for Julio and Melvin rather than Fournette. Just seeing if I could get a little more out of him I kept that one up and offered the same thing but for Sanders and Diontae Johnson - he declined and I accepted the original offer he sent me immediately. Love Cooks even more because I have Fuller - giving me a big majority of the target share in Houston.

Very excited about it. Swapping a 31 year old Julio who's struggling to stay healthy - Melvin, who's 27 and not a whole lot of value - for a 23 year old Miles Sanders and 27 year old Brandin Cooks, who's arguably been Watson's favorite receiver since BOB got fired. I already had very good WR's - I'll now have Davante Adams, Will Fuller, Brandin Cooks, CeeDee Lamb, Marquise Brown, and I will get a huge upgrade at RB where I'll have Miles Sanders, Jonathan Taylor, Fournette, and JK Dobbins. Even better, JT bounced back big time and got 26 touches this week, and the Ravens committed to Dobbins for the majority of the last game getting him 17 touches compared to Ingram and Edwards' combined total of 5... I didn't even have a RB I felt that I could play with confidence going into the week... That changed quickly.

Feeling a lot more balanced after this trade, and honestly very surprised I even got it due to it being dynasty and Sanders being 23. Dynasty consensus rankings among experts based on value I look at have Julio and Melvin as the #28 WR and #29 RB, which I honestly think Julio's ranking is way too low even though he is 31, and Sanders as the #5 RB and Cooks as #43 WR. Lovin' it for my team now, and especially loving it in the long-term side of things!

5 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Jackson has killed me all year. Now that I am rooting for Baltimore to lose to benefit the Colts I don't want to play him

Yep. In our league he's had 20 points or less 6x this year. Not necessarily what people were hoping for when they drafted him in rounds 2 or 3 which is probably where he went in most leagues....while a guy I love like Deshaun Watson has score 25+ points 7x this year with basically a cast of misfit toys around him. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep. In our league he's had 20 points or less 6x this year. Not necessarily what people were hoping for when they drafted him in rounds 2 or 3 which is probably where he went in most leagues....while a guy I love like Deshaun Watson has score 25+ points 7x this year with basically a cast of misfit toys around him. 

My backup was Matt Ryan and as bad as they have been he has outscored JAckson almost every week.

2 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

My backup was Matt Ryan and as bad as they have been he has outscored JAckson almost every week.

I rode the Tannehill train early but switched up to Ryan as well. Of course last week was my season in a nutshell. I play Ryan at Saints and he scores 5. I bench Tannehill vs Ravens Pass D and he goes for 25+. Makes total sense. Haha.

Archived