Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Mark ran for all of 29 yards yesterday. I would hope that their line would provide a little bit more against the Jets.

Yep. Makes sense now. My guess is he knew this announcement was coming. Kid has a ton of talent. Some demons inside him are winning right now. I feel better about starting Jamaal Williams or Latavius Murray as RB2 vs some of my other options. These are the times where the waiver wire is so important. Setting self up for playoffs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, rico said:

Comfortable win...now I have to find a defense for this week.  Tennessee is available?

I'd probably still look elsewhere. Not sure of your other options. I picked up the Colts a couple weeks back to ride this stretch in a couple leagues. Never thought I'd say this but maybe Lions?  Haha...

As I said...had to go shopping this week with so many teams on bye.

Missed out on both Baltimore and Colts defense in the waiver process. Looked at the remaining defenses, and based on matchups, and using that site I linked a couple of weeks ago, I'm streaming the Giants against the Jets. Other options were either Dallas or Minnesota who play each other, and Pittsburgh. Hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot.

Tight end was the other position that I had a hole in.I have both Ertz and Fells on my roster, and both on bye. Ended up picking up Mike Gesecki over Kyle Rudolph.

Tough week for me as I am playing the person whom I am tied (by record) for first with, although she has more points than I do. With so many of my regulars on bye, I have to hope that Evans, Coleman, Stafford and Jacobs have big games again, and that Kamara comes back off the IR in a big way.

10 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

As I said...had to go shopping this week with so many teams on bye.

Missed out on both Baltimore and Colts defense in the waiver process. Looked at the remaining defenses, and based on matchups, and using that site I linked a couple of weeks ago, I'm streaming the Giants against the Jets. Other options were either Dallas or Minnesota who play each other, and Pittsburgh. Hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot.

Tight end was the other position that I had a hole in.I have both Ertz and Fells on my roster, and both on bye. Ended up picking up Mike Gesecki over Kyle Rudolph.

Tough week for me as I am playing the person whom I am tied (by record) for first with, although she has more points than I do. With so many of my regulars on bye, I have to hope that Evans, Coleman, Stafford and Jacobs have big games again, and that Kamara comes back off the IR in a big way.

This week and I think week 12 have some of the most difficult bye week scenarios. Nothing wrong with Giants D/ST at all. Because of missed waiver claims I'm rolling with Browns at home vs Bills (have Colts in all other leagues). Gesicki is a great addition. Might be a starter for you eventually. Good amount of targets and always playing catch up. Win win for fantasy.

I'm caught in a tough spot....basically a Kamara, Murray, Jaylen Samuels, AJ Green, Josh Gordon pot of stew. Lot of options. Lot of second guessing. Wish injury reports became mandatory by Friday afternoon. Haha. Of course if Thielen didn't rush back I wouldn't have such a difficult time deciding.

1 hour ago, rico said:

I rolled the dice this week...picked up the KC defense.  Just please Chiefs, get me through this week.

Don't think it's a bad one at all. Tennessee will just run the ball vs KC, try to shorten the game,etc....but probably not scoring many points. To me there are worse choices. Good luck to all! 

I usually try to avoid Thursday night games in fantasy because it can ruin a weekend early if things go South. In one league tonight because of byes,etc...I have Rivers, Jacobs, Gordon, Henry, and Bladgley starting. Hopefully the scoreboard is lighting up tonight.

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Quick help.  Do I stick with Marvin Jones with Stafford out against Chicago or go with Pascal as number 1 receiver coming off a 24 point game but without brisset against miami

Have Amari copper questionable but expected to play and Davante Adams.

I’d probably go Pascal.

Gonna lose 142.2 to 142.92 in my money league after Kyle Rudolph has the best game of his season with 20 and Zeke gets me 8.. Just stupid.

Would've been my third in a row to put me at 5-5. Luckily 9 of the 12 teams entered the week 4-5. 

7 hours ago, KDB said:

Gonna lose 142.2 to 142.92 in my money league after Kyle Rudolph has the best game of his season with 20 and Zeke gets me 8.. Just stupid.

Would've been my third in a row to put me at 5-5. Luckily 9 of the 12 teams entered the week 4-5. 

I've noticed the same trend this year in many leagues. Plenty of bunched up teams together. I have a 12 team league where I think 10 of the 12 for 5-4 or 4-5 headed into this week. 

Sorry on the loss. Usually Zeke is always locked in for at least 20 most weeks. The close one's sting. I'm losing my bigger $ league by 5.4 points this week. Quite simply because Deshaun Watson was on bye and I had to play Rivers and his 3 interceptions.

My bye week killed me this week...and had to pull Stafford last minute and play Goff--he of 5.70 points as a starting qb

Kamara did little in his comeback, and has scored one TD all season...could have/should have put bias aside and picked Zeke with my 4th pick

Got Kyle Rudolph as a fill in on waivers and second guessed myself. Ended up with Gesecki's .80 points

Had to have a fill in for the Patriots D. Tried to get the Ravens on waivers, but unfortunately my opponent did. I took the Giants vs. the previously inept Jets. Got outscored 24-1 there.

My kicker was my second highest scoring position, and one of only two to score over 10 points.

If Tevin Coleman can score 60 tonight, and Chris Carson gets shutout, I win by a point.

50 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My bye week killed me this week...and had to pull Stafford last minute and play Goff--he of 5.70 points as a starting qb

Kamara did little in his comeback, and has scored one TD all season...could have/should have put bias aside and picked Zeke with my 4th pick

Got Kyle Rudolph as a fill in on waivers and second guessed myself. Ended up with Gesecki's .80 points

Had to have a fill in for the Patriots D. Tried to get the Ravens on waivers, but unfortunately my opponent did. I took the Giants vs. the previously inept Jets. Got outscored 24-1 there.

My kicker was my second highest scoring position, and one of only two to score over 10 points.

If Tevin Coleman can score 60 tonight, and Chris Carson gets shutout, I win by a point.

The bye week waiver wire blues should be a song that would go platinum. We've all been there before. Onto week 11.

Few targets out there this week. Purely a volume guy but Brian Hill from Falcons will be lead RB in Atlanta for at least 2 weeks. Deebo Samuel for 49ers or maybe Westbrook with Jaguars if still available. Darius Slayton too.Slim pickens out there this week. After week 10 and entering week 11....time to start peaking at Defense matchups for playoffs. If you can get them at all....grab Steelers. They play Browns, Bengals, and Jets, Cardinals, Bills coming up....weeks 11-16. 

Just an FYI for those that might have Damien Williams on roster. Still up in air if he travels with KC today for Monday night game. Apparently he has a personal issue. No clue what that means. Good luck today! Plenty of bye week replacements and continued injuries make these weeks difficult. I'm riding Derek Carr in multiple leagues because Wilson/Rodgers on bye.

8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

RBs and WRs for the week.

Chubb

Fournette

Hopkins

A. Cooper

DJ Moore

Total Touchdowns from those 5 for the week?  Try a big fat ZERO.

Yet, I've still got a good chance to win.  Bears defense tonight, along with Mahomes, Kelce, and Butker tomorrow.

How many pts. did Fournette get ya?  Hell, did he even play?  LOL

Pretty good week for me. Wins across the board assuming Kelce can grab 9.3 points tonight. Picking up John Brown via trade and Deebo Samuel/Devante Parker in a couple leagues is really paying off. 

Funny scenario playing out in one of my leagues. Guy thought he set his lineup but didn't hit save. He's trying to get commish to retroactively assign his points. Haha....went to sleep after the Bears game and woke up to 30 texts in this group. 

Archived