Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Looks like Fournette headed to Tampa.  I'm liking that.  

Figured it had to be Bucs or Bears. Tampa makes ton of sense but now I've got to figure out what this does to Ronald Jones. He was looking to be lead guy in that backfield and going in 4th round in most drafts. Now I would think he's barely a flex play option. Guess we'll see how it plays out first couple games but Bucs have a lot of mouths to feed. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Figured it had to be Bucs or Bears. Tampa makes ton of sense but now I've got to figure out what this does to Ronald Jones. He was looking to be lead guy in that backfield and going in 4th round in most drafts. Now I would think he's barely a flex play option. Guess we'll see how it plays out first couple games but Bucs have a lot of mouths to feed. 

I'll be surprised if Fournette gets too many touches Week 1.  I think Week 3 is when we'll start to get a feel on how things will shake out.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It’s times like these that I’m glad my main league’s draft is right before the season starts because I would’ve been all over Ronald Jones up until yesterday. 

7 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

It’s times like these that I’m glad my main league’s draft is right before the season starts because I would’ve been all over Ronald Jones up until yesterday. 

Yep. I do my 2 next Tuesday and Wednesday night. Would really like this Kamara situation figured out too. 

i have Chubb and Fournette as well, along with Chris Carson. Glad to see Fournette land with a good offense. With the weapons they have at receiver, he should have room to run.

I almost picked Sanu, and decided on Tyler Boyd instead, as I have owned Boyd in the past and done well. Sounds like Sanu is gonna get cut by New England, so glad to have avoided that. 

4 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

i have Chubb and Fournette as well, along with Chris Carson. Glad to see Fournette land with a good offense. With the weapons they have at receiver, he should have room to run.

I almost picked Sanu, and decided on Tyler Boyd instead, as I have owned Boyd in the past and done well. Sounds like Sanu is gonna get cut by New England, so glad to have avoided that. 

Boyd is one of those underrated guys that always outperforms his draft position. People think AJ Green coming back hurts him but it actually helps. I keep seeing ADP of 70 or so which makes him 6th round or so. What round did  you get him? Because if I'm forced to go RB strategy in 1 league I'd like to make sure there are guys like him, TY Hilton, and Parker sitting there to fill in the holes.

20 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Boyd is one of those underrated guys that always outperforms his draft position. People think AJ Green coming back hurts him but it actually helps. I keep seeing ADP of 70 or so which makes him 6th round or so. What round did  you get him? Because if I'm forced to go RB strategy in 1 league I'd like to make sure there are guys like him, TY Hilton, and Parker sitting there to fill in the holes.

Boyd, Hilton and Parker should all be available in rds 5-7.  For this route, I'd go RB/RB/QB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/WR.  I am big on Blake Jarwin or Herndon to finish top 10 this year but they are going around the 10th or 11th rd in a 12 man league.  Witten is gone in Dallas so that frees up 80 or so targets for Jarwin and Herndon only has to battle Crowder for targets on the Jets. 

49 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I got him in the 10th round.

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bruce-arians-says-ronald-jones-is-still-bucs-starter-even-with-the-recent-leonard-fournette-signing/

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-draft-prep-bold-predictions-on-the-buccaneers-offense-steelers-backfield-and-more/

IMO, some really good information in here, especially for you guys that haven't drafted yet.

Also, some extensive commentary on the Jones/Fournette situation

Gave me some stuff to think about; I just don’t know what to think about Tampa Bay. I’m hot and cold on them depending on the day. Brady has some great receivers there, but on the other hand, he’s getting older and hasn’t had time to work with that offense much at all. Hmmmmm.

I also get that feeling Dallas is be going to putting up a lot of points this year. And the Colts really are intriguing too (coming from a Bears fan); Rivers actually has a line that will give him time to throw this year. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/2020-fantasy-football-draft-prep-bold-predictions-on-the-buccaneers-offense-steelers-backfield-and-more/

IMO, some really good information in here, especially for you guys that haven't drafted yet.

Also, some extensive commentary on the Jones/Fournette situation

Of all the major fantasy services I've always thought CBS did the best. Thanks for sharing! 

13 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Gave me some stuff to think about; I just don’t know what to think about Tampa Bay. I’m hot and cold on them depending on the day. Brady has some great receivers there, but on the other hand, he’s getting older and hasn’t had time to work with that offense much at all. Hmmmmm.

I also get that feeling Dallas is be going to putting up a lot of points this year. And the Colts really are intriguing too (coming from a Bears fan); Rivers actually has a line that will give him time to throw this year. 

Rivers and TY appear to looking really good. I'm still amazed that TY is still a late 5th. Injuries of course but that could be a steal for people that go RB heavy early.

On 9/6/2020 at 8:59 AM, Seeking6 said:

Sounds like Detroit for AP.

Chicago isn’t grabbing the available RBs. They said they’re going to be committed to the run games this year (we’ll see about that). This perhaps leads me to believe they are confident is Montgomery‘s health? 🤔 

2 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Chicago isn’t grabbing the available RBs. They said they’re going to be committed to the run games this year (we’ll see about that). This perhaps leads me to believe they are confident is Montgomery‘s health? 🤔 

That's all I can think too. Montgomery's injury isn't as serious....or they think they can handle Detroit and Giants with what they have. 

Fantasy drafts on tap for me this week and I still don't know what to do at pick 3 in my main league tomorrow night. 

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That's all I can think too. Montgomery's injury isn't as serious....or they think they can handle Detroit and Giants with what they have. 

Fantasy drafts on tap for me this week and I still don't know what to do at pick 3 in my main league tomorrow night. 

I found out I have the #9 pick, but waiting for our keepers to be reported so I can develop a POA. 

Still torn on my keeper. My gut keeps telling me TB is going to be a fantasy bust this year (or at least not live up to all their high rankings). I think I may pass on keeping Godwin (which would cost me a 3rd round pick) and keep Prescott instead because it will only cost me an 11th round pick and then I won’t have to worry about a QB. Prescott had the 2nd highest QB point total last year....he’s no slouch. 

I’m really high on Gibson and Chark. Just trying to figure out how high I should reach vs. risking waiting and losing him. Chark value keeps raising, I’m seeing him go in the 3rd and 4th now. And Gibson is beginning to go in the 5th/6th. 

4 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I found out I have the #9 pick, but waiting for our keepers to be reported so I can develop a POA. 

Still torn on my keeper. My gut keeps telling me TB is going to be a fantasy bust this year (or at least not live up to all their high rankings). I think I may pass on keeping Godwin (which would cost me a 3rd round pick) and keep Prescott instead because it will only cost me an 11th round pick and then I won’t have to worry about a QB. Prescott had the 2nd highest QB point total last year....he’s no slouch. 

I’m really high on Gibson and Chark. Just trying to figure out how high I should reach vs. risking waiting and losing him. Chark value keeps raising, I’m seeing him go in the 3rd and 4th now. And Gibson is beginning to go in the 5th/6th. 

Hardest call I have besides my first pick is what to do starting at pick 5 as it goes away from me in 5th and all the way back down in 6 there are a handful handcuff/borderline flex plays that will start falling off the board.

I got James Conner in round 5 two years ago. Austin Ekeler in round 5 last year as cuff to Gordon. I don't like using 5th round pick as backup plans but guys like Murray, Mattison, Pollard can be RB1's right away if and when an injury happens. Big difference in what's available at pick 51 and 70 because once someone starts the handcuff picks they all go and go quickly. 

11 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hardest call I have besides my first pick is what to do starting at pick 5 as it goes away from me in 5th and all the way back down in 6 there are a handful handcuff/borderline flex plays that will start falling off the board.

I got James Conner in round 5 two years ago. Austin Ekeler in round 5 last year as cuff to Gordon. I don't like using 5th round pick as backup plans but guys like Murray, Mattison, Pollard can be RB1's right away if and when an injury happens. Big difference in what's available at pick 51 and 70 because once someone starts the handcuff picks they all go and go quickly. 

I’m liking Ekeler. Think 16th pick is a reach for him?

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Talk to people who have the picks right behind you and see if someone wants to "trade." Maybe you can come to an agreement that you'll take who they want at 3, and they'll take who you want.

Then throw in a later round pick of theirs where you get to choose. Then after the draft complete the trade. Just make sure to make the info public before the draft so they don't back out.

You might be able to get a later round pick and still get the guy you want in the 1st round.

Or do a trade after the draft, but I think you can get more doing it before the draft.

Jumped on Antonio Gibson, who went undrafted since the draft was so early.  Too many question marks at RB to not grab him at this point.  Full PPR league and they are touting his pass catching ability.  Have 6 RB on the roster.  All have question marks.  Just need two of them to become reliable, as I will rarely, if at all, ever need one for flex with the strength of the WR core.  

Looking like week 1 starters will be Chubb and Gibson.  J. Taylor, Fournette, M. Ingram, and J. Howard on bench.  One will likely be dropped early to shore up depth elsewhere.  Just need to see how weeks 1-3 play out.

Archived