Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I didn’t get to see the game. Was a lot of that garbage yardage in the 4th quarter when they were up big and running out the clock?

I didn't see it either.  Just saw his final stats.  Had over 100 yards and 2 TDs though.  Definitely going to outscore Gibson, who I played at flex.  Not going to complain about my RB duo of Chubb and Taylor.  

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Injuries this year so far have been absurd.  Is this a result of no preseason?

I can’t imagine it is. I thought players wanted to reduce preseason games because of injuries. I’m sure these guys are keeping their bodies in prime shape....I’m guessing it’s just a fluke. No amount of preseason games would have prevent Barkley’s injury. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Injuries this year so far have been absurd.  Is this a result of no preseason?

Just my opinion. Absolutely. There's in shape and football shape. Two completely different things. No offseason, no preseason games,etc.....and right now it's a battle of attrition for many it appears.

Some weeks just beat you up in fantasy. I was down Thomas and Godwin so my expectations were a little limited but I never believe in excuses. With that said....haha.

We give 3 point bonuses to RB/WR for over 100 yards and QB's over 300. In a matter of moments (felt like...not real time) Conner busted one for 50+ to get over 100....Taylor ended at 101 or 106 if memory serves.....Mahomes hit Hill for a 54 yard out of nowhere bomb and Ingram had a direct snap 30 yard td. I was facing all in one league...and all but Hill in both. 

I was feeling good about stealing one to two leagues.... only down 25 at the time with Brees, Traquan Smith, and Lutz going tomorrow night in one league and Brees and Smith in another..... to now down 58 and 64. 

Not to mention the idiots who thought it wise to put Dallas at a 10 in our confidence pool got rewarded. Tough week! Glad it's only week 2.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Well, playing Rodgers over Wilson did not work.  Sigh.  

Tell me about it. Besides Wilson I'm leaning towards Tannehill as must start every week regardless of matchup as well. Guy in one league sent out a note this morning. He has Jackson and Rodgers as his qb....also had Barkley and Bell as his RB's. Rodgers is officially on the trading block because he's scrambling for RB.

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Tell me about it. Besides Wilson I'm leaning towards Tannehill as must start every week regardless of matchup as well. Guy in one league sent out a note this morning. He has Jackson and Rodgers as his qb....also had Barkley and Bell as his RB's. Rodgers is officially on the trading block because he's scrambling for RB.

why tf would someone have Rodgers and Jackson? 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Or plays in like a 4 team league? lol like what in the world... 

I don't think this is the case, but they could have a super flex position. 

One time, I was drafting in a league and I didn't realize there was a super flex until the 5th round when I asked myself: why is everybody already drafting their back-up QB's???

Not only did they have a super flex, but also a regular flex and 3 WR slots. In a 12 person league! It was only a $20 buy in and a less serious league, but regardless, I didn't play in that one again. 

11 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don't think this is the case, but they could have a super flex position. 

One time, I was drafting in a league and I didn't realize there was a super flex until the 5th round when I asked myself: why is everybody already drafting their back-up QB's???

Not only did they have a super flex, but also a regular flex and 3 WR slots. In a 12 person league! It was only a $20 buy in and a less serious league, but regardless, I didn't play in that one again. 

Similar story... 12 team league. They added an extra flex last year... so you could start 2R, 3W, 2T or 3R, 3W, 1T or 2R 4W or 1T..... then they added that you play 2QBs every week. PLUS the website cost us $10 per person per year... that really set me off. No reason to not use ESPN. I said "peace dude, I already have one job" lol 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

why tf would someone have Rodgers and Jackson? 

Jackson and Mahomes were going in 2nd and 3rd rounds.....while guys like Rodgers with zero wide receivers minus Adams was going in the 7th. Especially this year....quality depth is king in fantasy. Just like every single RB that is starting to fall off...QB's do as well. Especially running QB's like Lamar. It wouldn't be my strategy but having a very good backup this year is almost a must. 

Or you end up going from Lamar to a guy like Rivers who had about 7 fantasy points yesterday.

16 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have Jackson and Matt Ryan and so far Ryan has earned more points. Was in great position for a win and Edelman goes off. Need 32 from Kamara 

Down Thomas and Godwin this week I wasn't expecting a win. I have a 29 point lead in one league but he has Brees and Saints D going( why them I have no clue)....but in my main league I'm down 52.45 and I have Brees, Smith, and Lutz going. I've seen this trainwreck before. Brees will go off tonight and do well enough for me to lose in first league....but not go off enough for me to win in 2nd and I'll lose both.

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I got to thinking yesterday while watching Lamar Jackson take 3 straight knees yesterday in the victory formation, losing a yard each time.  Has anyone every been in a league where someone lost a matchup solely because the QB lost 3 yards by kneeling.

I haven't, but I about lost my mind week 1. Murray took 2 straight kneel downs from the shotgun. Lost 5 yards on each one. I about cried.

Archived