Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I got to thinking yesterday while watching Lamar Jackson take 3 straight knees yesterday in the victory formation, losing a yard each time.  Has anyone every been in a league where someone lost a matchup solely because the QB lost 3 yards by kneeling.

Yes. Been on receiving end of one and have seen 3-4 that I can remember. Some qb's in recent years take a knee but if you notice they kneel as close to line as possible. I think it was Ben years ago who got the wrath online and started kneeling close to line not to lose any yards. 

It's extremely rare but it happens.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Saw something that indicated Michael Thomas may play on Sunday.  I sure hope he does.  That whopping 2.8 that Emmanuel Sanders gave me as a replacement sure as heck ain't going to cut it.

Godwin is definitely back and Thomas seems promising.....I hope. I had Smith in for him. His 5 and 86 was nice but need Thomas back asap and judging by appearance so does Saints and Drew Brees.

Held on to win by  less than 4 points. Was virtually tied going into last night''s game, and I scored 4 with Saints' defense while Sanders did nothing for opponent.

Josh Allen has been big for me the first two weeks, but plays against first legitimate defense this week in the Rams. Not sure if I trust Stafford as my alternative, unless Galladay plays. 

Michael Thomas would be a huge return for me as well.

I'm going to gut the whole team and pick up the following Free Agents.  The results for next week's games will be about the same.

QB - Ryan Leaf

RB  - Ki-Jana Carter

RB - Lawrence Phillips

WR - Renaldo Nehemiah

WR - Peter Warrick

TE - Refrigerator Perry

Flex - OJ Simpson

K - Scott Norwood

D - 2012 New Orleans Saints

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to gut the whole team and pick up the following Free Agents.  The results for next week's games will be about the same.

QB - Ryan Leaf

RB  - Ki-Jana Carter

RB - Lawrence Phillips

WR - Renaldo Nehemiah

WR - Peter Warrick

TE - Refrigerator Perry

Flex - OJ Simpson

K - Scott Norwood

D - 2012 New Orleans Saints

OJ at the flex? Terrible choice. Everybody knows he's got a great defense.

For those of us in WR trouble who would you take this week out of these? I get Godwin back but now here comes the tricky problem.

I have Traquan Smith who I can slot in for Michael Thomas. I also have Russell Gage who will see increase targets if Julio Jones hamstring keeps him out or limited. I also have Scantling who I could plug in if Davante Adams doesn't go....but that means he draws Lattimore. 

Or I could just go Andrews at my TE and Goedert as Flex who will likely have a bounce back week vs Bengals. 

Heckuva injury report tomorrow at 1130 EST. Really confused on what to do with last WR or Flex position. Welcome any thoughts. 

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

For those of us in WR trouble who would you take this week out of these? I get Godwin back but now here comes the tricky problem.

I have Traquan Smith who I can slot in for Michael Thomas. I also have Russell Gage who will see increase targets if Julio Jones hamstring keeps him out or limited. I also have Scantling who I could plug in if Davante Adams doesn't go....but that means he draws Lattimore. 

Or I could just go Andrews at my TE and Goedert as Flex who will likely have a bounce back week vs Bengals. 

Heckuva injury report tomorrow at 1130 EST. Really confused on what to do with last WR or Flex position. Welcome any thoughts. 

I'm the opposite of you. My WR room is looking great. If Jones is out, I'd go with Gage. Even if Jones plays, I might still go with Gage. I also like either TE over Smith and Scantling.

For my RB2 this week, I have to choose from Duke Johnson, Devonta Freeman, and Darrynton Evans.

Want to make a trade? I can send you a WR, and you can send me a RB. Haha

4 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I'm the opposite of you. My WR room is looking great. If Jones is out, I'd go with Gage. Even if Jones plays, I might still go with Gage. I also like either TE over Smith and Scantling.

For my RB2 this week, I have to choose from Duke Johnson, Devonta Freeman, and Darrynton Evans.

Want to make a trade? I can send you a WR, and you can send me a RB. Haha

That's the way I'm leaning in terms of Gage. We'll see what happens. Ouch on RB2 choices. Guess we all have choices to make depending on draft strategy. Duke has a strong Q next to his name. Devonta I gave up on years ago...Evans could get some late rushes if and only if Tennessee is up big. I snagged Jeff Wilson this week on waivers and playing him in another league. Scary times early on in fantasy.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

That's the way I'm leaning in terms of Gage. We'll see what happens. Ouch on RB2 choices. Guess we all have choices to make depending on draft strategy. Duke has a strong Q next to his name. Devonta I gave up on years ago...Evans could get some late rushes if and only if Tennessee is up big. I snagged Jeff Wilson this week on waivers and playing him in another league. Scary times early on in fantasy.

I thought I was in pretty good shape with Barkley, Le'veon Bell, and Melvin Gordon.  At least Gordon worked out.  I might go with Evans in the hope that he can get a few catches.  He's always got a chance of making a big play, so maybe he can break one.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, Leathernecks said:

I thought I was in pretty good shape with Barkley, Le'veon Bell, and Melvin Gordon.  At least Gordon worked out.  I might go with Evans in the hope that he can get a few catches.  He's always got a chance of making a big play, so maybe he can break one.

So much for that idea.  In the pregame, they had Evans running routes and catching passes out of the backfield.  Then they never looked at him once.  He might be one of the top 5 most explosive players in the game.  No idea why they didn't try to get him the ball in space at least once and see what he could do with it.

I think I'm going to start trading guys for draft picks and tank this season.  My team is just terrible right now.

3 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

So much for that idea.  In the pregame, they had Evans running routes and catching passes out of the backfield.  Then they never looked at him once.  He might be one of the top 5 most explosive players in the game.  No idea why they didn't try to get him the ball in space at least once and see what he could do with it.

I think I'm going to start trading guys for draft picks and tank this season.  My team is just terrible right now.

I'm all over the place right now in my brain. Usually calm wins. I haven't had a  full lineup yet this year. Like many who want to get emotional right now....I'm going to wait 1-2 more weeks. After that. Tilt time.

Down 14+ in one league going into tonight. I have Andrews and Butker and opponent has Tucker. Going to be a close one. In other league I got Goffed/Kamaraed.....had a very good week going but late surge from Goff got him 33+ points and Kamara did his typical 40+.

I won my fanduel league this week which is nice for extra $ but I'm staring at 0-3 in one league. Never been 0-3 in anything.

15 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Don’t do that this early. I started 0-3 last year and made the playoffs. At the time all my players looked bad, but some came around, other teamS had key injuries, and i made a couple of good acquisitions. 

Throwing in the towel is a gift for every other person in your league. 

I’d recommend listening to the Fantasy Footballers Podcast....especially the Tuesday episodes when they discuss weekly waiver wire pick ups.  They also have good trade recommendations regarding ‘buying low and selling high’.

Archived