Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just need 43.1 points from Butker tonight to secure the win.  :coffee:

C'mon guys.  Say something to make me feel better.

If memory serves your in my camp i.e. Michael Thomas,etc....

It's only 1 week but down Thomas and now looks like I might lose Godwin again, Goedert went out in first with ankle, Gage went down as well......I need some cheering up as well. My lineup next week at this rate is going to have Jeff Wilson, Lazard, and Sanders as my WR's and flex. Just like I drew it up 21 days ago.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

If memory serves your in my camp i.e. Michael Thomas,etc....

It's only 1 week but down Thomas and now looks like I might lose Godwin again, Goedert went out in first with ankle, Gage went down as well......I need some cheering up as well. My lineup next week at this rate is going to have Jeff Wilson, Lazard, and Sanders as my WR's and flex. Just like I drew it up 21 days ago.

Yep.  4.7 total points after 3 weeks in a full PPR league is exactly what I was expecting from Thomas when I drafted him.  Throw in the kick in the nuts of Fournette getting released after I drafted him to be RB2 and Golladay missing the first two weeks, and I'm happy to just be 0-3.  I know it's just been 3 weeks, but 0-3 feels more like 0-7.

Edit:  That's 0-3 assuming Butker doesn't give me those 43.1 points I need from him tonight.  :coffee:

28 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yep.  4.7 total points after 3 weeks in a full PPR league is exactly what I was expecting from Thomas when I drafted him.  Throw in the kick in the nuts of Fournette getting released after I drafted him to be RB2 and Golladay missing the first two weeks, and I'm happy to just be 0-3.  I know it's just been 3 weeks, but 0-3 feels more like 0-7.

Edit:  That's 0-3 assuming Butker doesn't give me those 43.1 points I need from him tonight.  :coffee:

Your pains seem very similar to mine. All I need is one win to get this mojo turned around....and good luck on Butker hitting 6-7 62 yard FG's tonight. God knows he has the leg for it. 

9 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

Don’t do that this early. I started 0-3 last year and made the playoffs. At the time all my players looked bad, but some came around, other teamS had key injuries, and i made a couple of good acquisitions. 

Throwing in the towel is a gift for every other person in your league. 

I’d recommend listening to the Fantasy Footballers Podcast....especially the Tuesday episodes when they discuss weekly waiver wire pick ups.  They also have good trade recommendations regarding ‘buying low and selling high’.

I was mostly just joking about the tanking.  However, I do really need another RB and a backup QB.  2 top 5 picks does sound really tempting.  The guy who's 1st round pick I have is 0-3, but he has a pretty decent team.  My team would be stacked if I could pick up Lawrence and a stud RB.  Going to ride it out a few more weeks and see where I'm at.

0-3 thanks to have my top 2 scorers on the bench. 1 I probably would not ever start but forgot to put Robinson in on Thursday.

Lamar Jackson sucks!! I had Jackson and Brown and Hill from KC. Down 33 going into last night and my son had the kick for the Ravens. I got 16 total from Jackson and Brown. Now 0-3 by combined 11 points

No way but up for me.

Waiver Wire Week 4 targets in no particular order.

Jeff Wilson....if still available. I picked him up last week but should be available.

Carlos Hyde...should fill in nicely for Chris Carson in Seattle next 1-2 weeks

Burkhead...again if available. Seems to be the guy for the time being in New England

WR's if still available. Justin Jefferson, Lazard, and Aiyuk

This is just off top of my head. Reminder week 5 start the byes. Green Bay and Detroit....never a bad idea to start finding replacements for that week now.

1 minute ago, KDB said:

A solid week for me overall. Won in every league... besides my two money leagues. 

I have scored 140, 152, and 154 in one of my money leagues and I’m 0-3.

557 points have been scored on me in 3 weeks, 185 points on average.. 

I've been running into similar luck in one of my leagues. 0-3 but getting stung by some injuries and just bad luck. Week 1 Allen went off. This week Goff comeback and Kamara. Won my weekly money league but I don't really count that much....I put more emphasis on the season long leagues.

Sounds like you have some good teams put together. Keep scoring those point totals and you could be 6-3 real quick.

17 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Titans forced to shut down operations due to 8 new positive covid tests among players and staff. Last Sunday's opponent the Vikings as well. 

Both teams games this week in doubt. That would put Titans, Vikings, Steelers and Texans out of action this week.

Not good.  This could derail the season quickly.  Can't make up games with doubleheaders like baseball did.  

My understanding is Vikings still have zero positive tests. Not saying that can't change but Vikings/Texans game I think will be played. Same for Tennessee/Steelers but time will. I guess I would say a couple things. That's why we have expanded rosters and secondly....if I'm the NFL I have one week minimally after the regular season for makeup games if they would impact seeding, making playoffs,etc....

We knew this would happen. Honestly not a shock. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Titans forced to shut down operations due to 8 new positive covid tests among players and staff. Last Sunday's opponent the Vikings as well. 

Both teams games this week in doubt. That would put Titans, Vikings, Steelers and Texans out of action this week.

At least that gives Dionte Johnson a week to heal. Silver lining. 

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Based on the number of 0-3 records we are reporting here, maybe it's time we lock this thread.  Ain't no one on here qualified to give advice.  :coffee:

I’m 2-1 but I had Godwin, Dionte Johnson, Moss, DJax and Gage all get hurt last week. Nothing season ending but next week will be tough. 

And as his personal hype man on this board, I’m still sticking with Gibson. 

If I was commissioner, I would handle it as follows:

• Sit all these teams for the upcoming week.
  • Give the Titans a 'L' for starting the mess.
  • Give the Texans an 'L because it helps the Colts.
  • Give the Vikings an 'L' because Kirk Cousins sucks and can't consistently get the ball to Adam Thielen (which hurts my fantasy team).
  • Give the Steelers 2 'L's because I simply hate the Steelers.

That seems to be the most fair way to handle it.

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’m 2-1 but I had Godwin, Dionte Johnson, Moss, DJax and Gage all get hurt last week. Nothing season ending but next week will be tough. 

And as his personal hype man on this board, I’m still sticking with Gibson. 

My son sat Gibson this weekend and played Fournette at flex.  I'm thinking to myself, bad move.  But, I let him make the decision since it's his team. Not that Gibson was great, but Fournette really sucked this week.   It was a bad move.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

My son sat Gibson this weekend and played Fournette at flex.  I'm thinking to myself, bad move.  But, I let him make the decision since it's his team. Not that Gibson was great, but Fournette really sucked this week.   It was a bad move.

What hurts Gibson and will continue to hurt him is that Washington is never up late in the game to kill the clock by running the ball. It’s always why I’m leery of taking RBs on crappy teams. 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

From what I am reading, looks like Michael Thomas may play for the Saints this week v. the Lions. I think had New Orleans won against the Packers last week, they might have been a little more patient with him.

I for one as one of the charter members for MT fan club on this board and elsewhere sure hope so! When healthy he's a guaranteed 20+ points every week in PPR leagues. I need every single one of his points as I navigate his and others injuries to start this season. 

Allen Lazard out for multiple weeks after undergoing a core muscle surgery. 

He had a big game last week with Adams out. Not sure if Adams is playing this week, but if you have another Packer receiver ( and I just dropped Scantling) you might want to consider playing him this week. Packers have a great matchup v the Falcons, and Rodgers ought to put up big numbers.

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

He had a big game last week with Adams out. Not sure if Adams is playing this week, but if you have another Packer receiver ( and I just dropped Scantling) you might want to consider playing him this week. Packers have a great matchup v the Falcons, and Rodgers ought to put up big numbers.

I have MVS on bench in one league and dropped him yesterday for the only Eagles WR still left. Just my two cents on MVS. There have been quite a few chances over last couple years where he's had the perfect stage to be the guy for a week or month....and it never materializes. 

Something just seems up with him and Rodgers. On paper it's an easy decision to pick him up and play him....but one that has always backfired for me.

13 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Yep.  Rodgers guaranteed to throw at least three 4th quarter TD passes against the Falcons.  

Archived