Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I have MVS on bench in one league and dropped him yesterday for the only Eagles WR still left. Just my two cents on MVS. There have been quite a few chances over last couple years where he's had the perfect stage to be the guy for a week or month....and it never materializes. 

Something just seems up with him and Rodgers. On paper it's an easy decision to pick him up and play him....but one that has always backfired for me.

Agree. This is the second year I have owned MVS and he has done little to nothing for me. 

I did pick up Packers' tight end Tonyan. Rodgers has to throw to somebody.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Looks like Michael Thomas now declared out this week 

Yep and with Chiefs/Patriots going on Monday or Tuesday if they play it....lots of moving tomorrow morning. Keep Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, CEH, Butker in your lineup....and risk that game being pushed and get zero points. Going to be fun and bumpy. 

OK, so which would be a worse move as a Fantasy Manager?

• Pick up a kicker to play in place of Butker for this week, the Chiefs end up playing, Butker outscores the kicker you picked up by 6 points, and you lose by 5.

OR

• Keep Butker in, the game gets officially cancelled on Tuesday morning, resulting in you getting 0 points from the kicker position, the guy you would have picked up scores 6, and you lose by 5.

One of those two things is going to happen.  Just want to minimize the stupidity factor.

44 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

• Pick up a kicker to play in place of Butker for this week, the Chiefs end up playing, Butker outscores the kicker you picked up by 6 points, and you lose by 5.

OR

• Keep Butker in, the game gets officially cancelled on Tuesday morning, resulting in you getting 0 points from the kicker position, the guy you would have picked up scores 6, and you lose by 5.

One of those two things is going to happen.  Just want to minimize the stupidity factor.

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OR

I didn't really have much time to reply earlier, just hoped the video would get the point across.

If it was a case where a kicker was injured and might not play, I'd say just pick up the backup.

In this case, I think it is too risky to hope Butker plays.  You can probably find a kicker in a good matchup who will get you pretty close to what Butker might get.  I think it is just too risky to take the chance.  Or maybe you could grab the new kicker for the Falcons and by Monday night they might know the status of the Chiefs game. 

18 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OR

I'm dropping Carlos Hyde this morning and picking up Slye from Carolina and just playing him instead of Butker....because the exact scenario you gave is a very real one.

I can't believe some of these leagues where they are allowing exceptions on rosters....i.e. go ahead and play Mahomes but if that game doesn't happen we'll give you points for your backup QB. To me that's idiotic. It's very simple. You want to play Chiefs or Patriots....go ahead but if that game doesn't happen that's on you is the way I see it.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm dropping Carlos Hyde this morning and picking up Slye from Carolina and just playing him instead of Butker....because the exact scenario you gave is a very real one.

I can't believe some of these leagues where they are allowing exceptions on rosters....i.e. go ahead and play Mahomes but if that game doesn't happen we'll give you points for your backup QB. To me that's idiotic. It's very simple. You want to play Chiefs or Patriots....go ahead but if that game doesn't happen that's on you is the way I see it.

I picked up Sly as well.  I also picked up Arizona as I have KC's defense.

2 minutes ago, rico said:

I picked up Sly as well.  I also picked up Arizona as I have KC's defense.

I'm going with Arizona's D in one league as well. I'm just not touching the what if scenarios of KC/New England game and honestly I'm making moves this morning with the thought next weeks Titans/Bills game is in serious trouble too. 

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going with Arizona's D in one league as well. I'm just not touching the what if scenarios of KC/New England game and honestly I'm making moves this morning with the thought next weeks Titans/Bills game is in serious trouble too. 

Yeah, I got Diggs.

59 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Down Thomas and Goodwin as I've bit---- about on here plenty. Now Ekeler for multiple weeks. My 1-2-3 has not gone well for me this year. Mix that with a struggling Brees. Haha.....

3rd week in a row that I have lost a player in the first quarter due to injury. This week it’s Chubb.

if he is out for any length of time, my roster will consist of 

Chubb

Pittman

Campbell

Goedert

Fournette

M Thomas

All hurt. 12 team league with 3 extra roster spots to compensate for covid. Dilemma is whether or not I hold on to some of these guys and hope that they get healthy. Waiver options just not all that attractive 

Archived