Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I was tied up doing other things and missed the news and the deadline for the late games..  My son saw it, but simply moved J. Brown into the lineup.  Opponent had Ravens defense, which is going to be hard to overcome anyway.  

And the kicker was Thomas isn't out because of injury. Apparently got into a fight with teammate over weekend. Bye next week. We'll see if MT wants to join the party in week 7 this year.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

And the kicker was Thomas isn't out because of injury. Apparently got into a fight with teammate over weekend. Bye next week. We'll see if MT wants to join the party in week 7 this year.

And to think my son and I drafted him as high as we did, in part, because of his reliability,

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Started Brandin Cooks at Flex last week.  He gave me zero points, while I was losing by 2.5.  Dropped his ass because the only other time I played him this season was Week 1 and he gave me 4 points.  Naturally he scores over 30 today.

Yep. I struggled with choices this week as well. Chose to play Tyler Boyd and Leveon Bell and left Riggs and Gaskin on the bench.

Right now, the Seahawks are making the Vikings defense look like the 86 Bears, while I have Carson and Lockett doing nada 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Yep. I struggled with choices this week as well. Chose to play Tyler Boyd and Leveon Bell and left Riggs and Gaskin on the bench.

Right now, the Seahawks are making the Vikings defense look like the 86 Bears, while I have Carson and Lockett doing nada 

And, my QB is, of course, Russel Wilson.  Needed a 30+ game from him.  Will be lucky to get 14 from him.

21 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

C'mon Dalvin...give me 4 more TD's

On 10/11/2020 at 9:56 PM, 5fouls said:

Looks like Cook just hurt his groin.

With Falcons on their schedule this week and bye the following it makes zero sense for them to rush him back out there....plus as a Mattison owner I need any sort of break I can get this year. Feels like I'm stuck in quicksand this year. 

22 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Finally got a win!!!! 1-4 and I have given up 11 points more than I scored on the season. My bench outscored my starters by 47 with less players. I suck as a GM

Headed to 0-5 unless I get 34 points from John Brown tonight (was supposed to be Michael Thomas till he went out and punched a teammate).

Here's my brilliant GM move of the week.  Had Brandin Cooks at flex last week and got ZERO from him.  Lost by 2.5.  Really pissed off about that and drop Cooks. Decide to pick up one of the Chargers running backs since Ekeler is hurt.  Picked Joshua Kelley over Justin Jackson, and start Kelley at Flex

Points for this week.

Brandin Cooks - 30.1 (Ouch!)

Justin Jackson - 14.4

Joshua Kelley - 4.8

It's like somehow hitting into a triple play in the bottom of the ninth, when you're down one and have runners on second and third.     

I have been limited without Chubbs, Thomas, Fournette and Paris Campbell available. On top of that, my TE was on bye this week. 

Unfortunately, played Tyler Boyd before Ruggs and L Bell before Gaskins. I am currently behind by 10 with Josh Allen and Diggs to play tonight, while opponent has Singletary. Hoping I can pull it out.

Ohhhh my god.

I came into tonight's game down in my biggest league needing 51 points from Tannehill/Jonnu Smith.

Down 5.8 points, I needed a TD from Tannehill, didn't have to be to Jonnu.. and Derrick Henry scores to put them up 19 with a few minutes left. So, I'm pissed thinking I've lost and will be moving to 1-4.. The Bills proceed to fumble the kickoff return, and Tannehill eventually throws the play-action TD to Jonnu (in which Tannehill probably crossed the line of scrimmage) and I freaking win. I have terrible luck in fantasy so I'm still shocked.

THE REAL MUSIC CITY MIRACLE!! Lol

I won again as Josh Allen and Diggs outscored Singletary by a wide margin.

This week I am faced with a depleted roster as they have shifted around bye weeks.

Carson and Lockett from the Seahawks, Michael Thomas from the Saints, Hunter Henry from the Chargers, Ruggs from the Raiders. With Chubb and Campbell on IR, and L Bell having been just let go, I am really scraping for players.

Think I'll be okay at WR with Tyler Boyd and Diggs. Right now my starting RBs would be Miles Gaskins and Fournette, so real concern there. I need to pick up a player or two, but pickings are slim.

4-1 and leading my league. Playing the last place guy this week, but not optimistic about it at all.

6 hours ago, rico said:

To anybody needing a WR I suggest looking to see if Mecole Hardman is available.  

Should be a nice fill in for a couple with Sammy on the shelf. Chase and Fulgham are probably already on rosters but seem to have the attention of their QB 's. Could be options as well. With Gordon getting a DUI...maybe not this week vs Patriots Rush D but Phillip Lindsay will get some extra carries although going against Patriots, KC, and Chargers Rush D might only give you one good start (KC).

14 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I felt great about my running backs going into the year. Barkley, Gordon, Bell. That feeling has faded.

Felt awesome about Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Gordon as first 3 picks in 1 league and same in other except Ekeler instead of Gordon. Full Point PPR. Needless to say I'm 1-4 and 2-3. Luckily in both leagues expanded playoffs this year because of craziness that would/will happen. All I need is to have a good team by week 14. 

Archived