Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

3 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Grrrrrrrrr.

Tell me about it. Have him in all leagues. Would have bet every $ I've earned/saved and will earn/save that by week 9 MT would have more than 3 catches and 17 yards on the season. All we can do is scrape by and hope he pushes us to playoffs.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Not sure how much it will impact but 90% chance of snow in Denver for today's game. Plan accordingly.

The snow is not an issue. The issue is that it’s 14 degrees right now (feels like 1) and will only be 18 degrees at game time, the high for the day.

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Last time I benched Butker because the game was up in the air because of Covid, I lost because of that.

Trust me nothing is easy this year. I'm sticking with Butker but benched McManus and picked up Chargers kicker Badgley. Now I've got to figure out Melvin Gordon or Latavius. If Broncos get down they'll use Lindsay in pass game.

16 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Gonna lose today.

Played Josh Allen and my backup Herbert put up 38 points.

5-2 and currently in the playoffs. Have to give more thought to my Qb going forward 

Given those 2 I'd look at trading one. Both are similar and there has to be someone who needs a qb....maybe a Dak owner? 

I'm currently up 55 and getting nervous playing vs Murray, Hopkins....

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Given those 2 I'd look at trading one. Both are similar and there has to be someone who needs a qb....maybe a Dak owner? 

I'm currently up 55 and getting nervous playing vs Murray, Hopkins....

Good idea, but the guy who owns Dak in my league has Antonio Gibson, who I don’t trust, David Montgomery who I also don’t trust and Mixon, on IR.

I need a running back, as Chubb is hurt, Carson just went into the tent, and I have Bell, Fournette and Gio.. who did score 16+ points today but I can’t count on that every week 

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

Good idea, but the guy who owns Dak in my league has Antonio Gibson, who I don’t trust, David Montgomery who I also don’t trust and Mixon, on IR.

I need a running back, as Chubb is hurt, Carson just went into the tent, and I have Bell, Fournette and Gio.. who did score 16+ points today but I can’t count on that every week 

Antonio Gibson is going to be big the second half of the season.  

1 league is secure for win and the other I've scored 151.85 and will probably lose. Just a kick in the junk. Sad part is I'm going to lose and he had Gurley....who didn't want to score one of his TD's yesterday but did anyway.

Some weeks fantasy football just isn't fair or fun. This is one of those weeks. Haha.

I'm up 11.15 headed into tonight. I have nothing. My buddy has Bears Defense. I had Godwin who was tackled at 1 before getting another TD. He had Gurley who scored and didn't want to score. 

Fantasy football can drive you crazy. Oh by the way. I moved McManus because of snow and played Badgley who while getting 6 points also missed a couple costing me 4 points. 2 kicks and 2 yards is around 16 points this week.

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Hits just keep coming. Chris Godwin fractured his index finger in game this weekend. Had surgery this morning. Out this week for easy matchup vs Giants. My Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Austin Ekeler draft is just going great. 

It's funny.  The Thomas injury has had me bent out of shape all season.  It's to the point where I will probably have second thoughts about ever drafting him again.  

By contrast, the Chubb injury actually probably hurt me more than Thomas.  But, Chubb will always have a place on my team.  He produced for me so well last year and early this year that I have nothing but positive thoughts about what he's done for me.

Just now, 5fouls said:

It's funny.  The Thomas injury has had me bent out of shape all season.  It's to the point where I will probably have second thoughts about ever drafting him again.  

By contrast, the Chubb injury actually probably hurt me more than Thomas.  But, Chubb will always have a place on my team.  He produced for me so well last year and early this year that I have nothing but positive thoughts about what he's done for me.

Thomas has won me back to back titles in 2 separate leagues so I'll always be on Team Thomas but I'm with  you....this year has me exhausted because of all the trickle down things. Godwin is same. Helped me so much last year I'll always be a fan but damn....this season is just taxing the heck out of me. 

Perfect example. I've had Chase Edmonds on my bench all year and the second Drake goes down...they have a bye week. Just can't have nice things this year.

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Said it previously, but I have been burnt two years in a row by Saints players. Last year, Kamara was my first pick and he was hurt/ineffective most of the year. This year, like you, Thomas was my first pick. Chubb my second. 

I have been bottom fishing for RBs for the last 3 weeks. Gio helped me this past week, but not enough to overcome the poor showing by Josh Allen, Diggs and the Bills. With Carson from Seattle now hurt, I am looking at a Leveon Bell/Myles Gaskin potential starting backfield. If that doesn't cause fear in my opponent, don't know what will 

I have come to the conclusion that I ain't very good at this "game."  Furthermore, I have far more important things to do with my time other than watching football games that I don't care about and pouring through insignificant stats.

BTW....I got my ass handed to me this week.  Sigh.

Archived