Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

The team that I have the top 2 picks of needed 1 more loss to be eliminated from the playoffs. The guy he was playing had Roethlisberger. The other guy took the lead on the last pass...and lost the lead on the kneel down. Lost by 0.06 points. Fml.

Just hope for a stat correction. Anyone who has spent time in fantasy understands those losses. I'm missing playoffs in one league this year because of the TD Gurley didn't want to score. Doesn't make it any easier when it's in real time. Those just stink.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just hope for a stat correction. Anyone who has spent time in fantasy understands those losses. I'm missing playoffs in one league this year because of the TD Gurley didn't want to score. Doesn't make it any easier when it's in real time. Those just stink.

Yeah, I'm hopeful of waking up in the morning and seeing a different score.  I still feel good about it working out next week, but a relaxing last week would have been nice.

Anyone got any sneak cheap or value plays this weekend? I'm talking for Fanduel reasons. Keep running into matchup problems. I'll start....I could see Coutee from Texans having a nice game. People keep saying Booker vs Jets, Latavius vs Falcons,etc....those teams actually have good rush defenses. 

My favorite value play all year is Gibson but he goes against Steelers D on Monday. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anyone got any sneak cheap or value plays this weekend? I'm talking for Fanduel reasons. Keep running into matchup problems. I'll start....I could see Coutee from Texans having a nice game. People keep saying Booker vs Jets, Latavius vs Falcons,etc....those teams actually have good rush defenses. 

My favorite value play all year is Gibson but he goes against Steelers D on Monday. 

Rumor has it that Gaskin is coming off IR. If true, he’s been out for several weeks and has a great matchup this week 

30 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Hey, @rico! Did you stick with Herbert, cause I did? He won’t score double digits this week 

Sure did Steuby, I had no choice because of Jackson.  I also let J. Taylor ride the bench as well as Gieseki. 

Not a good day for the Rajin Ricos.

Looks like I'll have the 3rd, 4th, 13th, and 14th picks in the rookie draft this year.  I love that I'll get 2 of Lawrence, Etienne, Chase, Harris, and Fields (superflex league).  I really need RB help, so hopefully Etienne and Harris don't go 1 and 2.  I wouldn't be upset with a Lawrence, Chase consolation prize though.

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am so thankful I blew my opponent out this week and did not need the extra 100 yards and 2 TD'S Tyreke Hill lost. Did you guys see the catch that not even Hill realized he caught. Another 50 yard TD called back for holding

Sure did. Can't believe he didn't know he caught it and couldn't believe not one person on the entire sidelines didn't challenge. Unlike you in one league I needed that extra help. I'm down by 5.6 points. I have Antonio Gibson going tonight and opponent has Justin Tucker tomorrow. Normally I'd feel very good but Steelers is tough matchup. Especially after Tomlin said his team sucks.

I picked him up before yesterday's games but if anyone needs a push down the stretch. Keke Coutee could help you win in fantasy playoffs. First game without Will Fuller. 8 for 141 on 9 targets. Up next is Bears this week. Deshaun might have a little extra juice in the tank for this one. 

52 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I started Taysom Hill 1 week as a TE and past 2 as Qb and he is doing pretty good. If Brees comes back i am in trouble because Lamar Jackson is my backup. Never thought i would be benching the reigning MVP for a TE to play QB. Another example of 2020

I shifted in one league to my annual Tannehill time. I drafted for yesterday and next 3 weeks...Jaguars, Lions, Packers...guy is money during fantasy playoffs.

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

D Swift, Akers, Deebo, Aiyuk, or Dobbins... who do I play as my flex this week?

Other starters are J Taylor, A Jones, Thielen, Diggs

Tough one. Swift in normal and healthy times is who I would go with but he's obviously not healthy. Akers vs tough matchup on short week in a situation where I still don't completely trust Rams RB's. Deeboy and Aiyuk both had 9 targets but we just saw Washington do a pretty good job vs Steelers receivers and finally Dobbins vs Browns Defense who held Henry in check.

That's a tough one. I'd probably lean towards one of the 49ers I guess but I don't know because each of those 5 have pros/cons on matchups or maybe Dobbins because I think there will be plenty of points in that game. Good luck with that call!

17 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

Is it next season yet?

Tell me about. For the first time since 2004 in one league I won't be in playoffs. My Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Austin Ekeler draft was a bit much to overcome. Still in playoffs in another league but the one I'm missing is with childhood friends. Stings to miss.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Onto the next round.  I snuck in as a 8th seed and just knocked off #1.

Congrats! Happened in one of my leagues too! One seed had Mahomes/Hill all season long but lost by 4.15 points....those 3 picks by Mahomes loom large!

I'm eternally grateful to Nick Chubb. Advanced thanks to him.....only league I'm still in. 

Archived