Fantasy Football 2019 - shared tips?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, rico said:

Maybe I spoke too soon.  Who do I start at QB this week?  Dak or Rivers?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/start/eric-ebron-jordan-reed.php

This is a site I started using a couple of years ago. You can compare two players and they give you the rankings from about 50 guys who do fantasy rankings every week. You can pay to upgrade and compare up to 4 players at one time, but I haven't done that.

Not the end all be all, but last year I used this site every week and ended up with the highest scoring team in a 14 team league.

1 hour ago, rico said:

Maybe I spoke too soon.  Who do I start at QB this week?  Dak or Rivers?

Nice problem but I go Dak. I think that one has the chance to be pretty big shootout. Rivers will probably still throw 2-3 but his yards might be down because they'll run the ball in 2nd half while up big. 

My dilemma this week which has to be decided before tonight is Adam Thielen. Normally I always say no matter the matchup you play all stars. This one though in Chicago has me concerned. I'm already starting Valdes-Scantling tonight....but need to decide to I roll with Thielen or Chris Godwin (if healthy). Thielen facing Bears or Godwin if healthy getting more looks because Evans will garner the attention of Rams superstar CB's. I'm all ears!

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Nice problem but I go Dak. I think that one has the chance to be pretty big shootout. Rivers will probably still throw 2-3 but his yards might be down because they'll run the ball in 2nd half while up big. 

My dilemma this week which has to be decided before tonight is Adam Thielen. Normally I always say no matter the matchup you play all stars. This one though in Chicago has me concerned. I'm already starting Valdes-Scantling tonight....but need to decide to I roll with Thielen or Chris Godwin (if healthy). Thielen facing Bears or Godwin if healthy getting more looks because Evans will garner the attention of Rams superstar CB's. I'm all ears!

Well the link Steubby posted had the experts 81%-19% in favor of Dak.

Try that link and see what it says.

Eagles score 34 and Agholor has zero catches. Adams was on fire but missed most important part. Us Marquez Valdes-Scantling (MVS for now on) owners really needed him to catch that td late last night. Can't believe Packers had 6 chances inside the 2 yard line and didn't run Aaron Jones once. Fun game but can be irritating for fantasy. 

Fantasy has been a tad off so far this year for me. Draft night mistakes, handcuffing the wrong guys....and ultimately injuries that wreck the best draft night strategies. I mean 12 points at home for Saints? When Brees went down Kamara/Thomas and anyone else with that offense moved significantly the wrong way. Same with Steelers and Ben. Chiefs backfield is a zoo.....Chargers backfield will become one.....Vikings/Cousins forget Thielen plays football for them....so many others to list as well. 

Crazy, crazy, crazy start to year. I have to reconfigure 2 of my teams this week after starting 2-2 in those leagues and going nowhere.

Took the first 'L' this week despite having Chubb, Fournette, and the Bears D.  Opponent had McCaffery, Robert Woods, and the Patriots D.

Still would have won if any of the following would have happened.

• Mahomes could have thrown a TD...only one.
  • Fournette does not get caught short of the goal line on his 80 yard run.
  • D. Hopkins or Amari Cooper do just a little bit more.  I thought I had a big advantage in WR going into the games yesterday.  Did not turn out that way.  Hopkins has been downright disappointing since Week 1.
  • Butker doesn't miss a FG.  

If there is a silver lining, it's that I lost by 3.1 points instead of something less than 2.  If the difference maker had been the fact that DeAndre Hopkins threw a freaking INTERCEPTION (-2), that would have just made me sick.  Isn't Hopkins supposed to be catching the blanking ball, not throwing it?  He did neither well yesterday.

Edit.  Forgot to mention that I snagged Gallman as a free agent, but decided to wait a week and see how he performed before I put him in at Flex.  He scores over 27 points, while Waller, who I played at Flex, scored between 12-13.  

57 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

My son plays in my Fantasy league and scored a -1 points with the Packers defense Thursday night. His opponent had Ravens defense yesterday and matched him with -1 points.

Not sure I’ve ever seen that before.

Not sure I’ll ever see that again 

In the scoring in my son's league, the Ravens got a big fat -6.  

5 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Took the first 'L' this week despite having Chubb, Fournette, and the Bears D.  Opponent had McCaffery, Robert Woods, and the Patriots D.

Still would have won if any of the following would have happened.

• Mahomes could have thrown a TD...only one.
  • Fournette does not get caught short of the goal line on his 80 yard run.
  • D. Hopkins or Amari Cooper do just a little bit more.  I thought I had a big advantage in WR going into the games yesterday.  Did not turn out that way.  Hopkins has been downright disappointing since Week 1.
  • Butker doesn't miss a FG.  

If there is a silver lining, it's that I lost by 3.1 points instead of something less than 2.  If the difference maker had been the fact that DeAndre Hopkins threw a freaking INTERCEPTION (-2), that would have just made me sick.  Isn't Hopkins supposed to be catching the blanking ball, not throwing it?  He did neither well yesterday.

Edit.  Forgot to mention that I snagged Gallman as a free agent, but decided to wait a week and see how he performed before I put him in at Flex.  He scores over 27 points, while Waller, who I played at Flex, scored between 12-13.  

Everything you describe is why fantasy is so fun and maddening. Houston offense after the week they had before.....Mahomes...Butker FG in 2 of my leagues. I am happy to say I benched Thielen in 3 leagues and played Godwin instead. Of course I had to make that decision because I thought Scantling was going to do more on Thursday vs Eagles D.

Fun times but usually by week 4 I can see my foundation. Right now I'm puzzled on Thielen and a few others. Getting Gordon back full time this week will help but do I play Ekeler as flex over any of the other options. Fun times!!

Much, much better week. Needless to say my lineup of Watson, Thielen, Godwin, Thomas, and Eagles Def (I stream whoever plays Jets or Dolphins if I can) performed quite nicely this week. Looking ahead...next weeks game of Texans at Chiefs might have 1200 yards and 12 TD's. 

8 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Anybody have a crystal ball they're not using so I can know ahead of time to put Will Fuller in my lineup, and take Mike Evans out?

😩

Evans/Godwin and Hopkins/Fuller is just going to be part of the deal. I think all are starters as WR's or Flex at this point. Especially next week. Godwin is the only one I own but I targeted him for round 4 in all my leagues. Really, really like him especially when he was available in 4. Evans had a tough matchup yesterday. He'll get his next weekend.

4 hours ago, rico said:

I just noticed that someone in my league dropped Winston.  Should I claim him?  And then drop Rivers?

I'd figure out a way to add him and either trade Rivers or trade Winston if you need help elsewhere. Everyone knew Bruce was going to throw a bunch. Hard to bench Winston in any league right now. 

6 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Word to the wise. Obviously no one is playing anyone on the Giants but tonight's game with Giants/Pats expecting rain and 30 mph gusts. Pats Defense is the only sure lock. The others all depend on injury reports before game. 

Thought I was smart picking up Gallman after Barkley got hurt.  Did not play him the first week because I wanted to see if he was up to it.  He scored over 29 points and I lost because he was on bench.

Last week, I originally had him in the lineup at flex, but made a last minute decision to play Montgomery instead.  Montgomery was not that great but considering Gallman got concussed on the first drive, it was a good move.

Now, it's possible Barkley plays again before Gallman does.

Archived