Hoosier Hysterics

If you’re on Twitter these guys are a must follow (@HoosierHystrcs).  If you’re not, you might want to consider joining.  The content these guys put out alone is worth it.  One of the guys attended the fantasy camp this past weekend and his video shorts during the camp are hilarious.  Here is a link to their weekly podcasts that come out every Tuesday.

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-hoosier-hysterics-podcast

2 hours ago, CrimsonV said:

If you’re on Twitter these guys are a must follow (@HoosierHystrcs).  If you’re not, you might want to consider joining.  The content these guys put out alone is worth it.  One of the guys attended the fantasy camp this past weekend and his video shorts during the camp are hilarious.  Here is a link to their weekly podcasts that come out every Tuesday.

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-hoosier-hysterics-podcast

His videos during the camp were a scream especially the ones with staff members.

2 minutes ago, BeerBQ said:

I’m not sure, but if t probably depends what you’re listening on. I think you can on the iPhone podcast app. I usually just use the forward 30s button. 

Thanks. Don't see a way on my MacBookPro.  But thanks for answering my question.  BBQ.... you are a great Hoosier Sports Nation member !

These guys do a phenomenal job.  The proof is in the interviews they get.  The ex-players are all in on what they do, which proves the point.

They have all been terrific except for maybe the Michael Lewis one because the audio was painful.  But that was more of a technical issue.

Where do you see the videos?  I am only familiar with the podcasts.

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

These guys do a phenomenal job.  The proof is in the interviews they get.  The ex-players are all in on what they do, which proves the point.

They have all been terrific except for maybe the Michael Lewis one because the audio was painful.  But that was more of a technical issue.

Where do you see the videos?  I am only familiar with the podcasts.

Based on your post. I decided to check You Tube.  No videos. Just podcasts that I can fast forward through.

Here is one vid. Where they talk about all the different platforms they can be found on, in addition to Peegs :

HH & Peegs join forces!!! 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Based on your post. I decided to check You Tube.  No videos. Just podcasts that I can fast forward through.

Here is one vid. Where they talk about all the different platforms they can be found on, in addition to Peegs :

HH & Peegs join forces!!! 

I was going to ask if they were on YouTube since I don't do Twitter.  I watch Assembly Call on Youtube so I was hoping this show would be on there as well.

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I was going to ask if they were on YouTube since I don't do Twitter.  I watch Assembly Call on Youtube so I was hoping this show would be on there as well.

They are on You Tube. But don't have the numbers on You Tube as does Assembly Call. Nor unlike Assembly Call... so far only podcasts. No videos. 

1 hour ago, milehiiu said:

They are on You Tube. But don't have the numbers on You Tube as does Assembly Call. Nor unlike Assembly Call... so far only podcasts. No videos. 

Jarrod Morris of Assembly Call and Bozich has a show on YouTube that is only the podcast without the video.

We are lucky that there are so many great podcasts for us. Hoosier Hysterics is becoming my favorite for IU basketball - so many great interviews. Although it's hard to beat the Todd Leary interview, where I literally (said in my Chris Traeger voice) LOL'd a few times, this newest one might be my favorite and I'm only 2/3 of the way through. 

I don't mean to make extravagant claims, but I think this podcast is assisting in the effort to tie together the fan base and the different generations of Hoosier Basketball Alumni. It sounds crazy that a podcast from two goofy super fans can do this. However, given the prestige of their former guests and the success of those interviews, the word has spread.

For weeks Eric has been talking about going to the basketball camp and I was wondering how well his appearance was going to be received by the staff and players since about a third of them have been interviewed. So, it was pretty cool to hear the story about when Eric met Archie for the first time, and Archie knew exactly who he was. Not to mention, his reports of their conversations give the best portrayal of the type of person Archie is - at least from what i've heard and/or read thus far. 

IF you're a superfan and haven't heard this podcast you're missing out. The interviews can be super long - almost 3 hours sometimes - so if you're going on a long car ride, flying somewhere, etc. queue them up. 

3 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

We are lucky that there are so many great podcasts for us. Hoosier Hysterics is becoming my favorite for IU basketball - so many great interviews. Although it's hard to beat the Todd Leary interview, where I literally (said in my Chris Traeger voice) LOL'd a few times, this newest one might be my favorite and I'm only 2/3 of the way through. 

I don't mean to make extravagant claims, but I think this podcast is assisting in the effort to tie together the fan base and the different generations of Hoosier Basketball Alumni. It sounds crazy that a podcast from two goofy super fans can do this. However, given the prestige of their former guests and the success of those interviews, the word has spread.

For weeks Eric has been talking about going to the basketball camp and I was wondering how well his appearance was going to be received by the staff and players since about a third of them have been interviewed. So, it was pretty cool to hear the story about when Eric met Archie for the first time, and Archie knew exactly who he was. Not to mention, his reports of their conversations give the best portrayal of the type of person Archie is - at least from what i've heard and/or read thus far. 

IF you're a superfan and haven't heard this podcast you're missing out. The interviews can be super long - almost 3 hours sometimes - so if you're going on a long car ride, flying somewhere, etc. queue them up. 

Agree, the Hoosier Hysterics podcasts are phenomenal. 

I've been listening to this podcast pretty regularly for a few months now as well. I think they do a great job at long-form interviews and manage to get really interesting guests. The Michael Lewis interview, though, was almost unlistenable due to sound quality issues, and their over-the-top self-deprecation schtick gets a little old. But I'll keep listening because I think they'll find their groove and get better if they keep at it. Definitely recommended listening. 

Archived