3 UCLA players arrested in China

I have heard that the 3 UCLA players, currently are not with the team. Whether they play the game in Shanghai against Georgia Tech, is still up in the air.

No mention of this from ABC :

3 UCLA basketball players arrested in China on shoplifting charges - ABC News

Nor from CBS :

Report: 3 UCLA Basketball Players Arrested in China On Shoplifting « CBS Los Angeles

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

3-10 years if convicted according to a Yahoo sports article I just read. Incredibly stupid.

Are you serious ?   I am serious, asking this question.  If you could.  Post a link to this article.  I had heard they had been separated from the team.  But did not think it had come to this. Not doubting you.  Just seems incredulous.  As already mentioned.  A Communist country.... not unlike what happened to Otto Warmbler. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Are you serious ?   I am serious, asking this question.  If you could.  Post a link to this article.  Not doubting you.  Just seems incredulous.  As already mentioned.  A Communist country.... not unlike what happened to Otto Warmbler. 

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/liangelo-ball-ucla-teammates-face-3-10-years-prison-convicted-shoplifting-013958780.html

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Thanks for the link.  Wow. Just Wow.   Looks like the 3 won't be making the trip home with the rest of the team.  And Coach Alford won't have to be in a position of deciding if they play or not.  China may have already made the decision for him

From my wife, when I told her about this:  " It''s a shame that those boys were so stupid. But I really can't feel sorry for them. "