3 UCLA players arrested in China

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I really believe the decision to suspend the three thieves came from higher up than Alford.  Just think of what Ball's stat's at UCLA will look like in the record books...... 0 points, 0 rebounds, and ONE steal !

You don't give him enough credit...as I read the story, he had at least 2-3 steals on the China trip and probably many more during his high school career.:coffee:

20 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You don't give him enough credit...as I read the story, he had at least 2-3 steals on the China trip and probably many more during his high school career.:coffee:

You are absolutely right. Most of the press only talks about the sunglasses what were pilfered.  However, I read several reports a few days into this incident, that said the three thieves also walking out of a high dollar mall, located next the to hotel they were staying in with a lot of loot as well.  Maybe that is what Ball's dad was inferring when he said stealing a pair of expensive sunglasses was nothing compared to what he has seen in L.A.

By the way.  The Three Thieves used to be one of my all time favorite restaurants in Colorado. It was a steak place in Colorado Springs.  And well worth the 75 mile trip one way. Sadly, as with a lot of good things... it is no long there.   But.... I digress.

This is likely going to end up a cautionary tale.  I do not think the middle son is very good.  The father is robbing him of his chance to play college ball and enriching his life that way.  Because, it more than likely will be an upset if the kid ends up in the NBA.

Alford's instincts are never the best in these respects, but he's better off without the Ball family (I'd say Balls, but that sounds funny), even if he could not figure it out more quickly.

Emmert may be a dolt.  However, I agree with his statement.  Time for the NBA to do something about the one and done rule.... and get kids to college that want to get an education, and play ball.  Not use college as a stepping stone to the NBA.

mile : "edit to correct typo"

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Emmert may be a dolt.  However, I agree with his statement.  Time for the NBA to so something about the one and done rule.... and get kids to college that want to get an education, and play ball.  Not use college as a stepping stone to the NBA. 

And on that note here is what Emmert had to say on that.

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Emmert may be a dolt.  However, I agree with his statement.  Time for the NBA to so something about the one and done rule.... and get kids to college that want to get an education, and play ball.  Not use college as a stepping stone to the NBA. 

Everyone goes to college to prepare themselves for their professional career. Everyone.

3 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Everyone goes to college to prepare themselves for their professional career. Everyone.

Not everyone.  Prior to the one and done rule, LaBron James, proved you can ball, successfully, and not go to college. The problem now, is that not everyone gets the same choice as did LeBron. 

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Not everyone.  Prior to the one and done rule, LaBron James, proved you can ball, successfully, and not go to college. The problem now, is that not everyone gets the same choice as did LeBron. 

Right...everyone that goes to college, goes to college to prepare themselves for their professional career.

19 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

...and Lonzo saying it was a "good decision" just shows he's a brainwashed fool as well.  Even if Lonzo's stats were better (and they aren't), I would pass and take a higher character player like Vic every time.

As a Celtics fan, I’m ecstatic that we got Jayson Tatum with the #3 pick. Would take him over Ball every day of the week. 

Archived