Carter Whitt

Vincent14

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What does “white” have to do with it?

You need to be asking the "professional" journalists that.  When researching this kid, I saw articles making a big deal about Patrick Ewing signing a white kid at Georgetown.

https://theundefeated.com/features/georgetown-freshman-mac-mcclung-is-electrifying-dynamic-and-white/

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

You need to be asking the "professional" journalists that.  When researching this kid, I saw articles making a big deal about Patrick Ewing signing a white kid at Georgetown.

https://theundefeated.com/features/georgetown-freshman-mac-mcclung-is-electrifying-dynamic-and-white/

It was a pretty big deal. Once upon a time back before EVERYTHING became so PC Big John said Rex Chapman was the only white player that he thought could be a star at Georgetown.  I never thought it a racist or inappropriate statement at the time. Could you imagine a coach saying something like that now

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What does “white” have to do with it?

You don’t honestly need me to explain the Internet to you do you? When a white kid has a “brothers” game they get hyped on the Internet. They get a big social media following and a lot of reaction vids where people (in this case black ballers) video their reaction to watching his YouTube etc highlights. It’s the Internet so yes it’s dumb but Whitt is getting a big following because of his flashy game.

40 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You don’t honestly need me to explain the Internet to you do you? When a white kid has a “brothers” game they get hyped on the Internet. They get a big social media following and a lot of reaction vids where people (in this case black ballers) video their reaction to watching his YouTube etc highlights. It’s the Internet so yes it’s dumb but Whitt is getting a big following because of his flashy game.

Just pointing out a double standard. Don’t care who said it, not sure why it’s relevant. You don’t honestly need me to explain that to you do you?

6 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Just pointing out a double standard. Don’t care who said it, not sure why it’s relevant. You don’t honestly need me to explain that to you do you?

I don’t worry about it. I don’t get worked up over labels or any of that on either side. Especially over trivial language. Clearly there are real issues in society regarding race but I’m not someone that’s going to call out every single double standard or try to argue it out on a message board. Like I said it was just some dumb youtubers. Nothing important.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

I don’t worry about it. I don’t get worked up over labels or any of that on either side. Especially over trivial language. Clearly there are real issues in society regarding race but I’m not someone that’s going to call out every single double standard or try to argue it out on a message board. Like I said it was just some dumb youtubers. Nothing important.

I don’t either, but many do and there IS a double standard (but enough of that). This kid can play from what I’ve seen. Be a good get. Wonder what his true interest is with IU?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived