Will there ever be another "Pistol Pete" ......

1 hour ago, coachv said:

if you're 40 the internets have been around since you were a kid. thanks for making me feel so old whippersnapper

Trust me...where I grew up there was no cable or internet. I promise you that. Lucky to get 3 channels on your huge antenna. Lol I think in college I had dial up...trust me by the time a page fully loaded I could read the book.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Trust me...where I grew up there was no cable or internet. I promise you that. Lucky to get 3 channels on your huge antenna. Lol I think in college I had dial up...trust me by the time a page fully loaded I could read the book.

My little town I grew up in did not get Cable until 1985 and I was 15 so I know what you are talking about.  When you only have 4 or 5 channels to choose from it made you watch stuff that you really was not interested in.  Also when it came to sports I thought it made each game more of event than it is today.

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

i moved to marion from a philly suburb before my jr year of high school. a few months later cable tv came to marion and set up a local office. a hundred people picketed the office because they didn't want that smut coming into their homes. i made up my mind then and there to leave indiana as soon as i graduated college. just try prying the remote from those idiots fingers now

18 minutes ago, coachv said:

i moved to marion from a philly suburb before my jr year of high school. a few months later cable tv came to marion and set up a local office. a hundred people picketed the office because they didn't want that smut coming into their homes. i made up my mind then and there to leave indiana as soon as i graduated college. just try prying the remote from those idiots fingers now

“You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know...morons.”

Blazing Saddles

Archived