Ball State Game Thread

KDB

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ClusterHead said:

Reminds me of Austin Starr.  Strong leg and accurate.  Plus, he had distance to spare on both kicks.

I was thinking the same thing.  As with Starr, lining up for a FG this season, will not be a concern of mine. 

Editing to add :  Had to check. But Austin's FG to shut the door on PU was from 49 yards out. Same as Logan's longest today.  And I think Logan had even more leg than 49 yards.  

16 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

First interception was on Penix, second was on the receiver.

Too many dropped passes. Penix has been on target most of the time. Receivers need to start catching.

I wonder if his ball tails some on a long throw. It seemed like his 2 throws in the 2nd quarter to the left part of the end zone almost confused our guys. They seemed to run inside of where it ended up going. Maybe with the lefty compared to the righty the ball tails a little different?

Hopefully the receivers play better in the 2nd half.

IU has to finish off tackle attempts.I get my audio via IU radio network. Don Fischer pointed out that Ball State has now answered both IU TDs on the ensuing drive in this game.

Indiana needs a stop, then to take it back to a 2 possession game again or Penix is going to really have to keep it together late..

They're also leaving opportunities on the field and have helped breathe life into Ball State by making ill timed mental mistakes defensively.

Wow Buck Suhr had just predicted Ball was going to get himself flagged shortly ago. There it is...Ugh 

Archived